Systems and Network Administrator with progressive, in-depth experience leading the design, deployment, and administration of enterprise network architectures and environments. Identifies and implements improvements to hardware and software platforms to increase systems performance, information security, and network manageability. Technical strengths include experience in enterprise network operating systems, hardware, connectivity, and protocols. Notable achievements as a leader of IT initiatives and service-driven operations include:
- Managed the migration of the main website for AQHA to a new content management system; facilitated cleaner design and navigation and improved site development times.
- Implementing Server virtualization: consolidating servers and applications. Reduced server count over 60% thus lowering the cost of energy, hardware, and maintenance cost.
- Designed and installed network infrastructure, and supervised IT support for the three AQHA Worlds Shows over the previous four years, delivering IT services at events in Texas and Oklahoma; achieved 100% uptime.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012, Windows 2000/ XP/Vista/ 7, MAC OS X, Linux
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Exchange 2003/2010, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V, Symantec Backup Exec 11d/2010/2012, Veeam Backup & Repication 7.0, Sophos UTM, Microsoft Office Professional 2000/2003/2007/2010, Microsoft Office for MAC 2004/2008/2010, SCVMM, Sitecore CMS, Blackberry server, DNS, DHCP, Citrix XenDesktop 5.6, Symantec Ghost, Cisco VPN, and Adobe Creative Suite
HARDWARE: Dell PowerEdge 1855/1955/R510/R610/R710 servers, IBM eservers xSeries 345/445 IBM BladeCenter HS22, Equallogic PS6500 SAN, EMC CX3-20c SAN, Cisco Catalyst 2900/3500/4507/6900e series Cisco PIX 525, Cisco 5520 ASA, Cisco Routers, Cisco VPN Concentrator, Dell/IBM workstations Dell/IBM/Toshiba laptops, HP tablets, Blackberrys, iPhones, iPads
NETWORK PROTOCOLS: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, ISCSI, DNS, DHCP, POP3, IMAP, SMTP, FTP, TELNET, VPN, NAT, ICMP, TFTP, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP
Confidential, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Support cloud based infrastructures for multiple clients in the North Carolina region.
- Setup and configure a monitoring application for all systems and networking equipment in a multitenant environment
- Create and implement projects constructed from the clients needs
- Document policies and procedures for IT personal and user handbooks
- Administer backups and restores for client’s cloud data and servers
Confidential , Amarillo, Texas
Manager, Network Operations and PC Support
- Configure, install, and administer systems and network infrastructures supporting a staff over 250 employees.
- Establish and implement new IT policies governing the acceptable use of IT assets and software within the business organization.
- Hire, manage, evaluate, and mentor personnel responsible for providing comprehensive technical support services across the enterprise network environment.
- Install and configure all virtual and physical server platforms, performed backup and restoration, and set up Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and cabling for user workstations.
- Document IT processes and IT support cases, and develop training and user guides for organizational personnel, effectively communicating best practices in technology use, support, and security.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and personnel, including programmers, designers, Executive Directors, department managers, and vendors.
Confidential, Amarillo, Texas
- Worked with department management to establish and achieve weekly and monthly departmental goals.
- Communicated technical advice to customers, assisting in the resolution of computer hardware and software problems
- Promoted, marketed, and sold Best Buy Service and Replacement Plans and other Best Buy services and products.