Dynamic solutions-oriented IT professional with over 10 years progressive IT experience. Experience in LAN/WAN Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration, Network Support and Virtual environments including strengths insecurity, active directories and TCP/IP.
- Windows NT 4.0 Server
- Nortel Routers/Switches
- LAN/WAN Development
- Desktop Operating Systems Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, 7, NT Workstation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Network and Desktop Administration
- Cisco Routers/Switches
- Cisco IOS
- Windows Active Directory
- Server Disk And Partitions with (RAID 1 and RAID 5)
- DNS server
- CAT 5 Installation
- Web Development using Microsoft Frontpage
- Unisys 2200 system
- Network security
- Firewalls, and VPNs
- Disk Backups
- Software Installation and Configuration
- PC Repair
- Linux Fedora
- Windows Exchange Server 2007
- Repair desktops and laptops, software installations
- Network consultant for Local Area Network and network cabling (cat5e)
- Configure computers using Norton Ghost
- Setup computers for remote access using pc anywhere software
Appliance Sales Specialist
- Coordinated entire inside sales business operations for this leading supplier of home improvement products including supervising up to six employees.
- Maximized sales by utilizing various incentive programs.
- Generated monthly and annual sales reports to track sales progressions and forecast future sales objectives.
- Developed a department equipment inventory database using Microsoft Access.
- Updated operation documentation and procedures for the State education system utilizing Unisys NX5800.
- Utilized Openview software to view client servers and determine status of batch jobs on the Unisys 2200 system.
- Created an Access database in conjunction with an Excel spreadsheet to ensure specific permission rights were assigned to each individual server user and allowed an easy transition when migrating to new servers.
- Managed all IT operations for this charter middle school.
- Created a LAN using Windows NT server and Nortel networking equipment (Baystack routers and Switches) connecting Window NT 4.0 Servers and establishing connections with 200 desktops using Windows 95, 98, NT Workstation, Windows 2000 and printers by using the TCP/IP protocol, DNS, DHCP and WINS service.
- Developed and administered school website, installed school-wide e-mail system using Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Established a Firewall server for Internet webpage filtering, establishing rights and permissions for each user, and created user profiles, group policies and Active Directory.
- Installed and updated software, repaired all computers both software and hardware, configured school administration desktops and laptops for remote access to the schools network.
- Updated and maintained virus protection software, perform system scans and remove any detected viruses, spyware and malware.
- Performed data backups to maintain and ensure data integrity.
- Utilized Information Security practices with TCP/IP to minimize threats and vulnerabilities.
- Maintained and designed forms for the Xerox 4090 printers using Xerox Elixir software to write JDL and FDL programs for forms design.
- Created documents in HTML for the City of Jacksonville homepage, maintained database using X-Gen ACCESS and DB2.
- Performed server administration with the City servers (SQL server, WINDOWS NT server, NOVELL server, and UNIX server).
- Maintained and provided technical support for the divisions training room by installing, loading and upgrading the software on the PC's; WINDOWS NT operating system and other software or network protocols (TCP/IP) as required.
- Built and repaired PC's, installing memory, motherboards, replacing hard disk drives, video cards, network cards, fax modems and installing network printers.