- Over 9+ years of experience as Unix/Linux System Administrator and Production Support of various applications on Red Hat Linux 3,4,5,6, Solaris 8,9, 10 and Windows environment.
- Installation, upgrading and configuring RHEL 4,5,6 on IBM and HP blade, Sun Blades centers using Kick start servers.
- Installing, upgrading and configuring SUN Solaris 8, 9 and 10 on Sun Servers Using Jumpstart Servers.
- Configuring and Administering NFS, DNS and LDAP on Sun Solaris server environment.
- Creating & maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, permission, disk space and process monitoring
- Developed UNIX shell scripts using Korn, C Shell Scripting, SED, and AWK to ease the administration tasks
- Extensive use of VI Editor for day to day system admin work.
- Experience in Configuring, Administering & maintaining Veritas Logical Volume Manager (VxVM) & Cluster Server.
- Experience in using Veritas Net Backup , Proficient in System Backup and Recovery from tapes using ufsdump, ufsrestore, tar and cpio
- Resolving system errors and crashes, huge file sizes, file system full errors
- Installing network Printers and rectifying the Printer problems over the net work
- Installed and configured the Samba Server and Apache Web Server. IBM Websphere (WAS)
- Networking communication skills and protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, ftp, SSH, rlogin
- Installation and configuration of F5 Load balancer.
- Working Knowledge of Brocade load balancer for Oracle Application server(OAS)
- knowledge of Broadworks/ Broadsoft for integrated IP access networks.
- Experienced in increasing the file system, create Mirroring, striping and parity using veritas volume manager (VxVM)
- File system administration, software RAID solutions using Veritas Volume Manager3.x/4.x, Veritas file system.
- Plan, document and support high availability, data replication, business persistence, fail-over, fail-back and using Veritas Cluster Server 3.5 in SAN environment.
- Experience in Solaris Server - Client in open systems environment.
- Experience installation, configuration and management of Veritas Cluster Server, Redhat Cluster Server and HP Service Guard.
- Installation and configuration of VMware (ESX/ESXi), VSphere client.
- Software configuration management (SCM), gathering information by interacting with the client representatives for new implementations and enhancements of the systems.
Technical Skill Set:
RedHat Linux 4/5/6, SuSE 10/11, Solaris 7/8/9/10, HP-UX (11.x) Windows NT 4/2000/2003/2008
Sun Ultra Enterprise Servers (E3500, E4500, E450, E420R, E250)
Sun Fire (6800/4800/3800/ v880/V480/V240/V210/V440/280R/15K/25K), TSeries, MSeries, HP Dl 385 and HP DL 585, IBM Blades HS20, HS21, HS22.
Dell Power edge 2900, 2950
Solstice Disk Suite, VERITAS Volume Manager. Puppet Configuration Manager, JIRA, COBBLER
StorageTek tape libraries L40, L80, L180, L700, SL500, SL8500, DAT & DLT, STK 9940B, 9840B, LTOs
Perl, Shell Scripting and knowledge in C/C++
- Installation, Configuration of UNIX and Linux operating systems on physical and virtual machines.
- Installation and configuration and post configuration, addition of hosts as per server perspective etc.
- Creation of Kick-start template in cobbler configuration manager.
- Installation and Configuration of Puppet agent. To enable patching through Puppet configuration manager.
- Creating Virtual Machine Template for Golden Client, based off of which VM’s are deployed.(ESX, VMware)
- Building virtual Linux machines in VSphere client.
- Resource allocation and guest OS specifications and change in VSphere Client.
- Worked on file systems in LVM for additional space as per adhoc.
- Linux server network modifications etc.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Linux bonding network.
- Installation of VERITAS Volume manager on Linux server.
- Upgrade XSCF firmware on Sun M3k/4K servers.
- Patching Linux and Solaris servers, patched standalone, virtual servers and VERITAS cluster servers as per the company patching cycles.
- Worked on Hard ware issues, replacing failed hard drives and DIMMs on HP Blades and Sun Blades.
- Application Server build on HP dl 460 for SAS advanced analytics on RHEL 6
- Have worked on decommissioning servers and reclaiming the resources.
- Co-coordinating with the change management teams to prepare the servers for the patching.
- Additionally, involved in patch planning, co-ordination and execution of recent patching cycle.
- Co-coordinating with Oracle support and onsite field technician to work on hardware issues on SUN hardware.
- Involved in and worked closely with Netbackup and DBA teams during the Disaster recovery drills.
- Documented installation and operational procedures for SAS advanced Analytics and Veritas operations manager application server in terms of Linux administration perspective.
- Planed and executed software and hardware platform changes with minimal disruption in service to the client for the patching.
- Red Hat Linux (RHEL 5/6), Logical Volume Manager, Solaris 8,9 & 10, Veritas Cluster Server.
- HP Blades, HP Proliant 460C Gen8 HP DL360, Sun Blades, Sunfire V490,890. M3000, M4000 and ESX boxes.
Unix System Admin/Engineer
- Installation, Configuration and Upgrade of Solaris 8/9/10, Redhat Linux 4/5/6
- Installing, configuring and maintaining the VMware ESX/ESXi and Virtual Center servers.
- Installation and Configuration of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File system and Veritas Cluster Server.
- Extensive experience with working on Solaris Volume Manager (SVM), creating meta devices, soft partitions, mirroring the devices.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Updating YUM Repository and Redhat Package Manager (RPM).
- Expertise in Configuring NFS, DHCP and DNS on servers.
- Experience in Setting up and configuring Install Server, Configuration Server and Boot Server for Kickstart process & performed Kickstart to install OS on Several workstations.
- Performed setting up Configuration Server and Boot Server for Jumpstart process and using tape-Recovery for file system recovery.
- Configuration of Zones/Containers in Solaris10.
- Disk mirroring and RAID (0/1/5) implementation using SVM/LVM/VxVM.
- Service management on Solaris 10 thru SMF (Service Management Facility) svcs, svcadm, svccfg etc.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Redhat Cluster Suite, Veritas cluster Server and HP Service Guard.
- Configure Web Logic, Websphere servers and APACHE and TOMCAT Server with JAVA Application tools on Red Hat and Hp UNIX servers environment.
- Scheduling of automatic repetitive Jobs, and Shell Scripts with Crontab.
- Participated in root-cause analysis of recurring issues, system backup and security setup, Worked in 24X7 support in Production and development environments.
- Trouble shooted various problems when working with Installing and configuring OS and network device remotely in various site.
- Arbitrate Customer/User meetings to establish needs, initiated/managed risk assessment team, define expectations and explain capabilities of current technologies.
- Write manual for users to describe installation and operational procedures
- Provides interface for strategy and direction with technology providers.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and standards for impact on Company.
- Plans and executes software and hardware platform changes with minimal disruption in service to the client.
Environment: SunFire E25k, V240, V880, Sun 6320, HP, IBM, Egenera and Dell Blade Servers Mseries 8000/9000, Tseries T 4000/5000 420 R, V490, E220R, V1280, V480, V440, Sun Fire 4800, V1280, E450, V215, V125, Sun Fire(X4200, X4600) AMD, Power edge(R900, 2950)Confidential
Unix System Admin/Engineer
- ·Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of HP-UX, Linux, Solaris operating systems
- ·Was involved in a big Datacenter Migration of Linux and HP-UX servers.
- ·Used Systemimager for Linux P2P migration and HP Ignite to migrate HP-UX servers.
- ·Worked on configuring networks and bondings on Linux servers.
- ·Configured ILO’s for remote login on Standalone HP DL-Series of servers.
- ·Worked on configuring RedHat Cluster Server with Global FileSystem (GFS).
- ·Worked with Storage team for scanning the new LUN’S and create Physical Volumes and Volume Groups using Logical Volume Manager.
- ·Installation of patches and packages.
- Worked on Data Center Migration Project. Migrated Linux/Unix Servers from one data center to other data center with minimal downtime.
- Worked on Solaris 10 container technology, created local and global zones, modified local zone parameters, created file systems on local and global zones.
- Hands on Experience working on AIX servers with clusters and volume management.
- Worked with network and security team to configure firewall, switches and router, scanning, intrusion detection and hardening.
- Configured System imager for Linux Servers and used it for Cloning of images from one Physical to Virtual disks.
- Was working with VmWare team for installing and configuring VmWare tools. Installed Redhat Linux on VMWare servers.
- Configured Sun Patch Manager for periodically updating the patches and Security Alert Patches on.
- Worked on EMC open migrator/LM for migration work on Unix and Linux System.
- Was involved in building new HP-UX servers using ignite build.
- Configuration of VERITAS Cluster Server, Service Guard from the scratch and maintained service group/packages for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Was managing server rollout project which involves the upgrade of packages and patches HP-UX, Solaris and Linux Servers.
- Involved in Implementing and Administrating enterprise level data backup and recovery.
- Managed multimode MC/Service Guard packages and VCS Service Group including modifications and tuning.
- Managed scheduling patch rollouts using Change Management.
- Day-to-day production issues fixed using Incident Management.
- Installed and configured VMware Virtual environments with ESX 3.x servers and Virtual Center 2.X.
- Managed VMWare guest OS including Red Hat Linux AS and ES versions.
- Installed and configured file and Application servers running on Sun servers
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Web, Mail, FTP
- Worked on installing and configuring TSM server for the newly migrated servers.
- Worked with Storage team to configure EMC Symetrrix and Clarrion Disk.
- Managed Users for Solaris, HP-UX and Linux Servers and assigned rights to access network resources.
Environment: RHEL3/4,Systemimager,Solaris (8,9,10), HP-UX(10.20,11.00,11.11,11.23,11.31) , Sun Enterprise 4500/6500/450/420 R/250 server, Sunfire 6800/4800/480 , E10k/25K.HP 9000 K,L,N, RP Series and Superdome class server.Confidential
New Providence NJ
Unix System Admin/Engineer
- Installation and configuration of hardware and OS on servers, workstations and I/O devices on E25k environment.
- System builds from the scratch for UNIX, Linux and Solaris system.
- Installed and configured new hard drives on Linux Systems.
- Management and migration of Packages and Patches on Linux and Solaris systems.
- Performed user administration & maintained centralized sudoers file replicating to managed servers using rdist.
- Created disk groups, volumes, volume groups and RAIDs using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Involved in disk configuration and disk crash recovery using format and fdisk. Bad spots on disk were repaired using repair and analyze. Created new slices, mounted new file systems and unmounted file systems.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of High Availability Veritas Cluster Servers for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Created Korn shell scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated Storage requirements for applications.
- Adding EMC Storage to hosts and ensured dynamic seamless data migration between two storage devices.
- Installed all the required Software, patches, documentation, licensing trouble shooting.
- Setup various user profiles, environment variables/security to ensure smooth operation.
- Installed and configured VMWare.
- Provided customer support, help/troubleshoot users to resolve server, network, and other system wide problems.
- Changed LAN/WAN IP addresses and speed of servers when customers IP scheme or configuration of switches were changed
- Installation and configuration of F5 Load Balancer.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 8/9i database on Sun Solaris Servers
- Applied patches on Oracle owned software.
- Provided application support for data warehouse and OLTP DB applications.
- Plan, document and implement for Disaster Server Recovery and Documenting Maintenance process and change management
Environment: Sun Solaris 2.x/5.7,8,9,10, RHEL 3,4,5 & SuSE, Windows 2003/XP Professional, Sun Enterprise 4500, Sun Enterprise 250,IBM Blades, IBM RS/6000, Genicom Printers and Laser Jet Printers, Veritas volume manager 4.1, VCS 4.0, Veritas Net Backup 4.0, ZFS.Confidential
UNIX/Linux System Administrator
- Operating Systems: Solaris 9, 8, Red Hat Linux 4/5, HP-UX, AIX.
- VERITAS Cluster Server 4.0/3.5/2, Sun Cluster 3.0/2.2, HP MC/ServiceGuard A 11.01/10.11
- Good experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of Sun servers and Solaris Operating Environment Solaris 8, 9 and HP Servers with HP-UX 11.00.
- Experience in configuring and trouble shooting of Custom Jumpstart services multiple servers
- Applying Support Packages and Patches
- Resolving day to day end user issues using ticketing tool Remedy
- Extensive Experience in System monitoring, Performance tuning and secure the Solaris environment. Administered tasks like user and password management, allocating quotas to users as well as system startup and shutdown, monitoring and partitioning
- Implementation of RAID techniques and the creation of Disk groups and volumes, plexes using VERITAS Volume Manager 4.1. Managing disks and file systems using VERITAS Volume Manager
- Performed setup and configuration of Install Server, Configuration Server and Boot Server for Jumpstart process.
- Creating Backup account for new users and Deleting account for the retired or deleted users
- Maintaining and recycling backup Tapes upon request from company
- Setup, Installation, configuration of Solaris 8 with NIS, NIS+ and NFS facilities.
- Patch and package administration for installation of patches as per the company policy and installation of packaged application
- Worked on DNS. Was involved in the configuring Master and Slave servers for the domain and making zone files
Environment: Solaris 8,9, HP-UX 11.x, RHEL3,4,5 Windows NT, SUN Netra Servers, Sun Enterprise 4500/6500/450/420 R/250 server, Sunfire 6800/4800/480 , E10k/25K. HP Itanium, HP PA -RISC D/K/L series Rp7400/8200, IBM pSeries 670,p5 595, xSeries. Blade Servers