- Proactive, resourceful Senior Windows Administrator with 9+ years of experience in highly complex Microsoft Windows and VMware virtual technical environments.
- Respected team leader with a demonstrated ability to train and motivate others to effectively troubleshoot issues and deliver unparalleled customer service.
- Committed to helping companies achieve maximum benefit from their IT infrastructure investment, through meticulous system administration, solid user training and on-time project deliverables.
- Master problem solver, talented at getting to the root cause of a problem and then executing a workable solution.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2/2012, Windows XP/Vista/7/8, CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu
Virtualization: VMware ESX 3.x\4.x\5.x, vCloud 1.5, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware Virtual
Center 2.x\vCenter Server 4.X\5.x (DRS, HA, Update Manger, P2V, V2V, vMotion, Host Upgrade Utility) , P2V migrations using PlateSpin 9.x, 11.x and vConvertor
System Management: HP System Insight Manager, Dell Open Manage, Microsoft Operations Manager\SCOM,
HP Server Manager, SCCM, SMS
Hardware: HP BL/DL/ML Series, Dell PowerEdge, IBM X-Series, IBM BladeCenter
Applications/ Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, IIS, GPO, MS clustering, MS SQL Server 2005/2008,
Back Office: Exchange 2007/2010, MS Terminal Services, MS Certificate services, MS Office 2007\2010
Ipswitch WS ftp server, HP SmartStart, HP ProLiant Support Pack, EMC PowerPath, CA ArcServe, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Quest administration tools – ARS, RMAD, GPO admin, Foglight, EMC Avamar, Shavlik HFnetchk, Veeam Backup and monitoring, Veritas BackupExe. Wireshark
Storage: EMC VNX/VNXe, CLARiiONs, Symmetrix, Netapp, ISCSI, Fiber channel
Networking: Cisco 2800/3800 series routers, SecureCRT, PuTTY
Scripting: VBScript, Batch, and PowerShell/PowerCLI
Sr. System Administration Advisor
- Technical lead for a global team supporting physical and virtual servers on large enterprise, provide project expertise, customer service and technology consulting, interface with client’s executive team to define projects, Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) requirements and translate business objectives into tactical plans. Manage development, design and delivery of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentor team members on new technologies and troubleshooting procedures
- Enterprise architect with lead responsibilities and acts as a last resort for any technical, support or administrative problems for team members and application teams.
- Administration of 3000+ Windows 2003/2008/R2/2012 Wintel and virtual servers. Maintaining Server hardware: Dell, HP and IBM.
- Administration and support of ESX/ESXi 3.5/4.1/5.x. Manage VMware VSphere 4.1/5.xenvironment consisting of 100+ worldwide ESX hosts with 2000+ guests. Administer using vCenter and PowerCLI.
- Responsible for the implementation and support of VMware configurations including: Virtual Networking with vSwitches using iSCSI, vMotion and Management Network services; Multipath redundant/load balanced iSCSI configurations to targeted LUNs; VMFS Datastores creation and provisioning; HA and DRS Clustering using vMotion and svMotion; VM’s Provisioning; ESXi patching/upgrade using VUM, vCOPS, vSRM, troubleshooting ESX performance issues, manage resource pools and capacity planning among many others.
- Perform Live and Cold V2V and P2V to the Dell cloud infrastructure using VMware vConvertor, Doubletake.
- Maintain and support worldwide infrastructure Servers hosting critical business file shares. Maintain Share/NTFS permissions quotas, data archiving and daily backups.
- Maintenance & Administration of several Active directory domains, DNS, Terminal services, Windows 2003/2008 clusters, WINS, DHCP, GPO, MOM, SCCM, DFS, IIS, print services.
- Troubleshoot enterprise wide issues regarding core domain services including Active Directory diagnostics\replication, file replication, DNS, DHCP and WINS.
- System backup / disaster recovery procedures using Tivoli Storage Manager and EMC Avamar.
- Worked with application support teams and developers to deploy, QA and troubleshoot in-house developed applications.
- Administration and support of Enterprise Microsoft Certificate services.
- Designed and implemented hardware and system monitoring using HP System Insight Manager, MOM and Dell Open Manage.
- Designed standard operating procedures for customization and hardening of Windows servers.
- Enterprise administration using Quest tools. GPO admin to manage GPO’s, ARS to manage Active directory permissions and RMAD for Active Directory backups and restores.
- Perform Incident resolution, Problem Determination and Root Cause Analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements. Extensive use of service management application, Remedy.
- Handled vendor escalations from origination to completion (Microsoft, VMware and others)
- Perform installations, customization, maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements in an Intel server environment. In-depth diagnosis for operating systems software/hardware failures and develop solutions.
- Managed projects with little or no supervision. Completed server and application projects as assigned. Some of the projects assigned, Share migration from physical server to SAN storage, upgrade AD 2003 to 2008, Upgrade print server for Windows Vista/7 driver support, Windows 2008 Cluster redesign, VCenter Consolidation, P2V windows servers, Worldwide ESX installs and setup standards for Windows/ ESX servers and Domain Controllers etc.
- Administration of 4000+ Windows 2003 physical servers. Maintaining Server hardware: HP and IBM.
- Support 90+ Active domains in a complex environment.
- Maintain and support AD, DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, and IIS.
- System backup / disaster recovery procedures using Tivoli Storage Manager.
- On-call schedule support, respond to priority incidents as needed.
Noted Accomplishment at Dell Services at Moody’s
- To improve customer retention and reduce loss of recurring revenues from unresolved technical issues with previous technicians, identified potential and reoccurring issues proactively and developed strong professional relationships/trust with the customer. Results: achieved reduction in customer complaints and improved customer satisfaction.
- Compiled scripts to automate system state backup and document servers (Runbooks). The automated process saved numerous hours which resulted in increased productivity.
- Developed video trainings on various new technologies for team members. This saved time, efforts and money to train the team which also resulted in increased productivity.