Specialized in enterprise & Service Provider network design and security, with focus on converged data center technologies. Strong “hands-on” technical knowledge with Cisco CCIE R&S (Lab + Written), CCIE Datacenter w, CCNP R&S, CCNP Security, CCNA, Juniper, Microsoft and F5 certifications . OpenStack & Cloud Practice Nerd (AWS Architect and OpenStack Administrator Certified). Highly motivated and experienced self-starter, who takes initiatives, can work independently or as a team leader, is aware of time pressures and good at meeting deadlines.
- Strong hands-on Cisco Switches Nexus 9504, 7010, 6004/6001, 55128/5596, 3548/3164Q, 2k/1000v, 6500, 4900, 4500, 3900, 3700, 3600, 3500, 2900 platforms.
- Strong hands-on Cisco Routers CRS1, ASR 9000/1000, 7600, 3900, 3800, 2900 platforms and Juniper Routers.
- Strong hands-on network security platforms Cisco ASA, VSG, IPS, ISE, ACS, SRX Juniper Firewall, Bluecoat equipment, Palo Alto 5060/5020.
- Strong Cloud Practice background with heavy Experience on AWS Cloud Services such as VPC, S3, EBS, EC2, Route53, CloudFront, MapReduce, etc.
- Strong Experience in load balancing technologies F5 Big IP LTM 4480, 2400, GTM 3900 Brocade ADX 10K, 4K, Netscaler MPX 8005.
- Expert knowledge & heavy experience with network protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, IS-IS, IPv6, Multicast, MPLS and QOS design, VPN implementation and troubleshooting including IPSec, GRE, DMVPN & GET VPN tunnels; and designing DMZ environments
- Strong Experience in implementing Layer 2 technologies including VLANs, Spanning-tree, L2 security, vPC, OTV, FabricPath, FEX, SPAN, Trunking, T1, DS3, OC3, OC192.
- Experience in various monitoring and management tools like Netscout, Infoblox, CiscoWorks, Arcsight, Netflow Analyzer, eHealth, Spectrum, WireShark, and Sniffers.
- Extensive experience in project planning, MS Visio, and documentation.
El Segundo, California
Chief Network Architect
- Designed and built two new large datacenters (300 racks) based on cutting-edge technologies using network equipment such as Cisco CRS1, ASR9K routers, Nexus 9K/7K/6K/5K/3k/2K, cisco UCS, DellM1000e, Juniper MX-480, Palo Alto 5060, Gigamon, IMPERVA, ASA 5585, F5 Viprion, ADX 10K, and many video SSM multicast equipment.
- Scaled DIRECTV datacenter into AWS public Cloud with 7 VPCs and an average of 300 instances per VPC – with VPN & MPLS connectivity to DIRECTV Datacenters.
- Manage cross functional engagement across lines of business to identify and execute on emerging technology such as OpenStack, Cloud, SDN/NFV, Big Data/Hadoop, etc.
- Deployed small private clouds leveraging OpenStack and vendor technologies such as Mirantis, Tail-F, Contrail, Cisco CSR vRouter, NSX, CliQr, Brocade Vyatta vRouter, etc.
- Defined and ensured rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of network services
- Led key initiatives in network design and architecture for data centers to support the growth in demand for DIRECTV applications including video-on-demand, streaming video services, NFL applications, guide services, along with interfacing with content delivery networks and strategic business partners.
- Rewarded with several patents including 4K TV, UP, and 72Hours Replay Streaming
RTP, North Carolina
Sr. Network Consultant
- Orchestrated, led and collaborated with internal and external resources and teams
- Seen as trusted technical advisor to account team and customer
- Lead team of four engineers, defined network and application integration architecture for large Cisco Customers, Leveraged networking technology to increase security and availability, and decrease development and product deployment timelines.
- Created modular Cisco design / Bill of Material and quote based hardware and services options to address rapidly changing Cisco customer needs.
- Provided high level technical Expertise to key Cisco Customers on Cisco Products
Sr. Network Architect/Consultant
- Developed roadmaps that define the future state technology architecture and recommendations for improving current network infrastructure – including selection of hardware & software products and implementation timeline
- Developed and documented reference architectures and associated standards to be used as a basis for technology selection and implementation
- Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of Oracle Communications’ core data networks.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Engaged and provided value in business and technology strategy conversations from the C-level down to a technology executive level
- Strategic Network Refresh with PCI Compliance.
- Datacenter Extension and disaster recovery services upgrade.
- Designed and built a single secure WAN MPLS Enterprise landing zone for all TransUnion customers to access internal revenue-generating applications (more than 300 application products), a single landing zone for the Disaster Recovery site to allow customers to access internal revenue-generating applications in a failover scenario, and a single secure WAN MPLS landing zone for remote Corporate offices/bureaus to access internal back-office and supporting applications.
- Provided high level technical support to the global low-latency Orange network including more than 1700 routers, 3000 switches, firewalls, and voice equipments.
- Designed, deployed and managed small / medium scale networks for many customers.
- Performed interconnection of customer sites using MPLS VPN and IPSec/GET VPN.
- Designed, implemented new upgrades to the MPLS/OSPF Orange core network to support IPv6 and new services as Multicast services, videos traffic, etc.
- Set new network security objectives; Selected associated security technologies, software and hardware and performed migrations.
- Performed network documentation, disaster recovery plans, provided training to new hires.
- Designed and implemented Cisco VoIP across all sites (17) of Orange in the north of France by migrating from CCM 4.2(3) to CUCM 6.0(1), more than 3500 users.
- Performed Network/System capacity planning