- 8 + years of total experience in IT industry.
- 5+ years in the area of Virtualiz Confidential on with VMware ESX 3.x, ESX4.x ESXi 5.x servers and vCenter server 2.5 and vCenter 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0, vConverter, and Update-Manager.
- 5 + years Hands on Experience in Microsoft Server 2003, 2008 and RHEL 4.x, 5.x and 6.x.
- Build and troubleshooting experience on VMware ESX 3.x 4.0, 4.1 and ESXi 5.0, vCenter servers 2.5, 4.0, 4.1 and 5.x
- Worked on different VMware products like VMware workst Confidential on and VMware player, have good knowledge on VMware vCenter Oper Confidential ons Manager, vConverter, SRM concepts.
- Good knowledge on VMware virtual architecture and experience in upgrading ESX 4.1 to ESXi 5.0
- Good experience on virtual machines provisioning, setting up VM priorities, Cloning, Cre Confidential ng Templates and Snapshots.
- Experience in resource management framework like cre Confidential on of resource pools, adding the VMs into resource pools.
- Experience in Physical to Virtual (P2V) and Virtual to Virtual (V2V) conversions by using VMware Converter.
- Extensive experience in working with the vMotion and Storage vMotion technology.
- Strong Experience in vNetwork concepts on vSwitches and dvSwitch.
- Strong experience with the VMware (High Available) HA, Fault Tolerance, Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and VMware Distributed Power Management (DPM).
- Patching of ESX severs and VMs with VMware Update Manager.
- Experience in building physical servers trough ILO, IDRAC, RAS & UCS Manager.
- Experience working on HP Proliant DL 380, 580 series, HP Blade 460 series, Dell Power Edge R720, R900, R910 and Cisco UCS C250M2 blade series server.
- Experience in implementing, testing and supporting VMware VDI 4.5.
- Experience in installing and upgrading VMware tools on both Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Experience is Linux/Windows physical and virtual build.
- Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008 Design, Implement Confidential on, Administr Confidential on and Support.
- Installing, Configur Confidential on, Troubleshooting and Managing Active Directory.
- Have good knowledge on Microsoft Exchange server 2007, MSCCM, MSCOM
- Configur Confidential on of Domain Naming Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configur Confidential on Protocol DHCP, managing Internet Inform Confidential on Service (IIS 6.0), Remote Access Service (RAS), Printer, Modem, Scanner.
- Familiar with networking concepts like TCP/IP
Technical Skills Summary:
VMware Technologies, ESX 4.X, ESXi 5.x,, vCenter 4.X, 4.1 and 5.0, vCenter Guided Consolid Confidential on, vCenter Orchestrator, VMware Workst Confidential on, VMware Player, VMware VDI 4.5, HA,DRS,SDRS,DPM and FT, vMotion and svMotion, VMware converter 4 and 5, vCOPS 5.0
Operating Systems, Windows NT, Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, RHEL4.x, 5.x, 6.x, centOS, Ubuntu, Solaris 9, 10 and elementary knowledge on Windows server 2012
Third-party Tools, Symantec backup exec, Commvault Systems, vRanger Pro and vFoglight, BMC remedy, TRS, RV Tools.
Web design tools, HTML, ASP.net, AJAX Control Toolkit, Visual Basic 2008
Database and Storage, Microsoft SQL 2005, EMC DMX and Clariion series, Brocade 4100 and 300 SAN Fiber Switches, basics on EMC VNX and VNXe, VMAX 10k.
Hardware, DELL Power Edge 1900, 1950, 2950, R710, R900, R910 HP Proliant DL 380,580, 585 G5, G7 and Cisco UCS C250M Blade series servers.
Client: Confidential, Mooresville, NC
Designation: Windows/VMware Administrator
Project Overview: Responsible for the enterprise Monitoring and Oper Confidential ons of the Lowes Intel and VMware based virtual and physical servers. Responsibilities included building, configuring, migr Confidential ng, decommissioning and troubleshooting Windows, Linux virtual machines. Create clusters, add ESX hosts to clusters, adding and expanding disks to the virtual machines. Responsible for P2V and V2V, migr Confidential on of servers and upgrading from ESX 4.1 to ESXi 5.0 400+ ESX and ESXi host’s, 9 VCenter server’s with 4000+ Virtual machines
- Responsible for Monitoring and Oper Confidential ons services throughout the Lowes enterprise.
- Responsible for day-to-day administr Confidential ve support for Windows Server environments.
- Monitoring and optimizing system performance using Task manager and Performance monitor.
- Troubleshoot physical and virtual WINTEL based servers through the Incident Management ticketing system.
- Implement changes, resolve incident tickets with ITIL standards that are strictly followed at the client.
- Good knowledge in assigning folder Security permission in Windows 2003/2008
- Cre Confidential ng and configuring virtual machines, installing VM Tools and alloc Confidential ons for end user.
- Participates in the upgrading of oper Confidential ng systems and applic Confidential ons.
- Create and Deploy Templates and Snapshots for Virtual Machines.
- Expand or add new virtual disks to the VMs.
- Create new shares and groups assign with user permissions.
- Administr Confidential ng Active directory to configure users, contacts and groups permission issues.
- Understand the SLAs and follow up the Change Request (CRQ) for any changes in the environment.
- Meet the requests or CRQs through Nlyte.
- Knowledge on Server Decommissioning process and procedures.
- Make resource alloc Confidential on changes when required to the VMs.
- Run reports on vCOPS for resource alloc Confidential on and health of the system.
- Perform Hot and cold Migr Confidential ons whenever required for the maintenance of the servers.
- Monitoring virtual infrastructure and troubleshooting when required.
- Perform basic network oper Confidential ons and troubleshooting when required.
- Troubleshooting any issues with the windows 2003, 2005, 2008 servers and their services.
- Provide basic support on networking.
Environment: ESX/ESXi 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 vCenter 3.5,4.1,5.0, vCOPS 5.0, Commvault System Restore, Nlyte, windows 2003,2005 2008R2, SCOM 2007 R2, BMC Remedy, BMC Impact explorer, BPPM, VMware Update Manager, vConverter, HP ILO 1,2 and 3, Solarwinds, Infoblox, Hughes vision, enterprise architecture
Employer: Confidential, CA
Designation: Virtualiz Confidential on Administrator
Project Overview: Responsibilities to build, rebuild, configure, migrate, decommission and troubleshoot Windows, Linux virtual machines. Responsible in building physical Windows, Linux, ESX host, cre Confidential ng clusters, adding ESX hosts to clusters, adding storage and performing QA at cluster level. Responsible for P2V and V2V, migr Confidential on of servers and upgrading from ESX 4.1 to ESXi 5.0 120 ESX and ESXi host’s, 3 VCenter server’s with 2000+ Virtual machines and almost 300 TB of FC SAN and iSCSI and NFS in different tiers.
- Installing ESX and ESXi hosts.
- Upgrading from ESX 4.x to ESXi 5.0
- Configuring vCenter server and Update manager.
- Installing oper Confidential ng systems like Windows 2008, Red Hat Linux 5.5 and ESXi 4.1 and 5.0 on to physical servers across data centres.
- Deal with hardware venders for fixing hardware issues.
- Installing, configuring, migr Confidential ng new virtual machine build as per EURC ticket.
- Adding Storage and converting storage LUN to VMFS data store.
- Cre Confidential ng a cluster with HA and DRS and passing rules on to HA and DRS.
- Adding ESX Hosts on to cluster.
- Valid Confidential ng and testing Cluster before moving into production.
- Looking after high priority incident tickets both on virtual machine and ESX host level.
- Server decommissions and IP decommissions as per company process.
- Monitoring virtual infrastructure and troubleshooting when required.
- Reconfiguring virtual machines (Increases and decreases virtual hardware) as per EURC ticket.
- Performance monitoring of the VM’s
Environment: ESX/ESXi 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 install Confidential on, configur Confidential on and troubleshooting, windows 2008R2, EMC, VMware Update Manager, vConverter, UCS Servers, VMware View, vCenter, FC-SAN, iSCSI.
Employer: Confidential, IL
Designation: Systems Administrator
Project Overview: Responsible for building a website which can host all the Control System applic Confidential ons that was built/created by using Visual Studio 2008,MatLab and VB.NET. Responsible for administering, maintenance and configur Confidential on of the Lab Windows computers.
- Responsible for Install Confidential on, Configur Confidential on Management and Maintenance of windows Servers
- Responsible for setting up permissions and implementing security policy.
- Install Confidential on of the new applic Confidential ons software tools for the users and perform day to day administr Confidential ng.
- Experience in providing day-to-day user administr Confidential on like adding/deleting users.
- Developing and implementing user interface applic Confidential ons using vb.net as per the research requirement.
- Assists in the development of project proposals, recommend Confidential ons, implement Confidential on plans, communic Confidential on packages and performance measurement tools.
- Installing and maintaining MATLAB Ne Builder for the research work.
- Performing upgrades whenever necessary for the Project
- Working with the Web development tools for the interface of the applic Confidential ons.
Environment: ESX/ESXi 3.5, 4.0, Configur Confidential on and troubleshooting, windows 2005, 2008, MatLab NE Builder, visual Studio 2008,ASP .NET, MATLAB, DNS, Active Directory
Client: Confidential, Montvale, NJ
Design Confidential on: Virtualiz Confidential on consultant
Supporting 1000+ Virtual machines on 50 ESX Host, 160 Physical Server and 120 virtual desktops and managing virtual infrastructure from vCenter servers.
- Attending new projects meeting, analysing project requirements and suggesting client with best practices.
- Monitoring virtual and physical infrastructure
- Upgrading VC Server and ESX Hosts
- Performed V2V on over 200 virtual machines to shrink instance and reclaim disk space.
- Converting new LUN’s to data stores and adding them to ESX hosts.
- Disabling, enabling and editing HA and DRS settings when required.
- Upgrading virtual hardware from version 4 to version 7
- Commission, decommission and rebuild of virtual machines.
- Reconfiguring virtual machine resources like CPU, Memory and Disk space.
- Performing storage migr Confidential on and host migr Confidential ons.
- Cre Confidential ng roles and assign permissions to individuals and groups on different levels.
- Understanding SLA and Ensuring that the change management process is followed for any changes to the environment.
- Troubleshooting Windows 2003
- Troubleshooting ESX3.5, 4.0, 4.1 and ESXi
- Physical to Virtual conversions of Windows and Linux servers.
Environment: ESX/ESXi 3.5, 4.0, 4.1 Configur Confidential on and troubleshooting, VMware View, VMware Thinapp, Converting LUNs, HP servers, windows 2003 and 2008, NAS backup, VMware ACE, Volumes, HA, DRS. vCenter Server, vConverter.
Designation: Systems administrator
- Installing and configuring ESX 3.X.
- Installing & Configured vCenter Server 3.5
- Cre Confidential ng and Configur Confidential on virtual machines, installing VM Tools into VM’s and alloc Confidential ng for end user.
- Cre Confidential ng and Deployed Templates and Snapshots for Virtual Machines.
- Cre Confidential ng and configuring VNetwork Standard Switch (vSwitch)
- Configur Confidential on different type of Port Groups Policies, Applying Security policy and Traffic Shaping.
- Configur Confidential on ISCSI LUN in virtual storage Have Knowledge in Fiber channel and ISCSI in SAN architecture.
- Migrated Physical Machines to Virtual Machines (P2V) and Virtual Machines to Virtual Machines (V2V) using VMware converter and vCenter Guided Consolid Confidential on.
- Migrated Linux based machines and Power off Machines to virtual machines using VMware converter boot CD.
- Performed Hot Cloning, Cold Cloning, Classic VMotion and Storage VMotion.
- Security hardening and Monitoring of VM’s & ESX servers (CPU, Memory, Disk, Network Utiliz Confidential on) for Security Compliance.
- Configur Confidential on, Administr Confidential on and Monitoring HA, and DRS Clusters in vCenter Server 2.5
- Training users in best practices for efficient utility of resources.
- Designing and Deploying Active Directory Domain.
- Installing and Configuring DNS Servers, DHCP Server and DFS Server.
- Managing Servers Remotely through Integrated Lights out.
- Ensuring that the change management process is followed for any changes to the environment.
- Install Confidential on RHEL 5.X Linux O/S and Sun Solaris 9, 10 Unix O/S
Environment: vCenter server 3.5, installing, configuring and troubleshooting ESX 3.x, VMware tools, iSCSI, FC-SAN, vConverter, DNS, AD, DHCP, RHEL 5.X
Designation: Trainee /Junior System’s administrator
- Install Confidential on of Windows NT, Server2003, Workst Confidential on, Proxy Server, Configur Confidential on, implement Confidential on and maintenance.
- Managing Domain Controllers and Additional domain controllers.
- Symantec antivirus console management, upd Confidential ng antivirus definitions through centralize Symantec antivirus server.
- System Troubleshooting in case of a failure and maintain server uptime above 99.99%.
- Migr Confidential on of active directory services from Win NT to Win 2k to Win 2003.
- Providing Capacity Planning review for all the servers.
- Patching all Windows servers and workst Confidential ons with Company standards
- Customize the 2000/2003 servers in terms of Registry, Audit/Account/Security policy, patching, to sustain Company Standard Oper Confidential ng Environment
- configuring & administering Domain Naming Server (DNS),Dynamic Host Configur Confidential on Protocol (DHCP), Distributed File System.(DFS),Internet Inform Confidential on Service.(IIS) and Remote Access Service(RAS)
- Assist staff with the install Confidential on, configur Confidential on, and on-going usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Train and orients staff on use of hardware and software
- Assist in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable.
Environment: DNS, DHCP, windows 2003 servers, workst Confidential on, Symantec.