Windows Platform Infrastructure Engineer and Software Architect and Engineer with 25+ years of experience in the Defense and Private Sectors. Worked in small business and enterprise environments. Specializing in designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and administering Windows Server Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, Intranet Web Portals, Public-facing Web Services, Engineering and Design Software Applications, Customization and Support. Extensive work with various scripting and programming platforms, including PowerShell, VBScript, KiXtart, CMD, PHP, ASP and LISP.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING / ADMINISTRATION
- 20 years Windows Server and Systems Management
- 15+ years Active Directory, Group Policy Design and Administration
- 15+ years Flexera FlexLM® and FlexNet® License Server Administration
- 10+ years SMS and System Center Configuration Manager (2003 to 2012 R2)
- 10+ years installing/configuring/administering Windows Server 2000 to 2012 R2
- 10+ years SQL Server Implementation and Administration (2005 to 2014)
- 5+ years Imaging with RIS, WDS, MDT, and SCCM (dism, imagex, WinPE, drivers, etc.)
- Extensive work Installing and Administering Windows Server 2012, including role-based services such as IIS, WDS, WSUS, DNS and DHCP. Also have worked extensively with MDT, with WAIK and ADK, as well as DISM and other utilities.
- Specializing in custom integration of servers, services and protocols to develop unique solutions involving Windows Server and Desktop platforms, LDAP, ADSI, WMI/WBEM, XML, PowerShell, COM and .NET and various SQL and web toolsets.
- 20+ years Developing Enterprise-oriented web-based Applications
- 15+ years InstallShield Custom Packaging and Repackaging Experience
- 15+ years Software Package deployment (SCCM, Group Policy, Imaging, Scripting)
- 15+ years Deploying Autodesk products in Enterprise networks (v. 2000-2015)
- 15+ years Developing AutoCAD Extensions (VLISP/VBA) (v. 2000-2013)
- 10+ years Development with Microsoft SQL Server (v. 2000 to 2014)
- My current focus has been on developing horizontal integration between AD, SQL, and various customer-specific Inventory and Request-Management systems using web interfaces.
- CMINFO web management system for City of Virginia Beach, VA (won the 2012 Virginia Governor's Award for Automation Technology Improvement) (2011-2014)
- DPMS web application for managing Active Directory, Windows computers (2010-2014)
- SCCM 2007 site re-install for city of Chesterfield, VA (while at SyCom Technologies)
- SCCM 2007 installation for SAIC-AMSEC (22 sites, 2600 computers / 4000 users)
- Windows Server 2008 / AD migration from Windows 2000 (while at SAIC-AMSEC)
- Windows 7 / Office 2010 upgrade for city of Virginia Beach, VA (2 domains, 5000 users)
- ShipWorks AppDev architect and lead developer: SAIC-AMSEC
- AppInfo web inventory system design and development: NGIT / NNS
- Familiarity with SOX, ISO and ITIL compliance projects
TITLE: Senior Staff Consulting Engineer / Consultant
Consulting services contracted to various customers in support of Microsoft Platform Technologies. Primary role: Defining, Architecting and Implementing systems automation projects. Secondary: Software packaging and repackaging / deployment for Windows Server and Windows Client devices.
Products include: Windows Server 2012, System Center Configuration Manager 2007-2012, SQL Server 2008-2012, MDOP suite, and InstallShield AdminStudio.
Key projects included:
- Windows 7 / Office 2010 migration (entire city)
- Migration from client-server Harmony system to web-based Harmony (DHS)
- CMINFO web-based management of Config Mgr, AD, Request Tickets, HW/SW inventory
- Re-packaging a variety of more than 1,000 applications, drivers, utilities, and extensions in support of XP to Windows 7 migration
NORTHROP GRUMMAN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYConfidential
TITLE: Systems Administrator
Enterprise Applications Support: Packaging, Deployment and Service Requests. SDLC and ITIL Applications lifecycle management. Wise package scripting, enterprise deployment: 15,000+ computers, Active Directory environment, with Altiris. Scripting with Batch, VBScript, ASP, Wise and SQL.
Key projects included:
- Re-packaging applications for enterprise-wide deployment using Wise Scripting and Altiris. Various product vendors from Autodesk, Bentley, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, etc.
- Performing deployment package compatibility testing to ensure staged upgrade deployments do not cause conflict issues on clients.
- Web applications development for intranet services information management, reporting, auditing and project management. Developing on SQL Server 2008, ASP, Secure LDAP, ADSI, WMI/WBEM, XHTML and XML.
TITLE: Web Applications Development
I provided custom web site design, and web applications development, for small businesses and individuals. Provide requirements analysis, hosting services consulting, and detail design and development. Projects involved ASP with MS SQL Server, as well as PHP with MySQL. Graphics and logo design, applications architecture and development. Login and user account management services. Customers include law firms, modeling agencies, physicians, investment firms, schools, and municipalities. Some clients include:
- Valkyrie Enterprises (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Entaire Global Investments (Atlanta, GA)
- Wright Model and Talent Services (Newport News, VA)
- C2 Modeling Agency (Newport News, VA)
- ReverseAmerica - Reverse Mortgage Services (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Intranet portals for various customer environments
TITLE: Systems Engineer
Technical consulting services in support of Microsoft business infrastructure solutions, System Center and SMS, Active Directory, VMware desktop virtualization solutions, and scripting automation for small to medium sized business network environments. Key projects include:
- Deployed SMS 2003 for Chesterfield (Virginia) County Government. Replaced a parent/child primary/secondary environment which was in disrepair with a single site and restored software update role services.
- Assisted Active Directory migration for Ferguson Enterprises acquisition of Frischkorn. Project involved migrating users, groups, computers, profiles and mailboxes into an existing Windows Server 2003 / Exchange 2003 AD forest. Also involved USMT account and group migration, and migrating security permissions on SAN shares to suit user and group account migration.
- Trained by Microsoft on Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) and App-V (SoftGrid) at Microsoft campus. Learned to implement and troubleshoot SoftGrid 4.x, Desktop Error Monitoring (DEM), Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM), Diagnostics and Recovery Tools (DaRT), and Asset Inventory Service (AIS).
- Small business networking, Windows network configuration and administration. Using Cisco routers for point-to-point VPN connectivity of multiple branch locations. Automated backup and archival processes. Automated patch management using WSUS 3.0.
TITLE: IT Business Systems Manager
Primary role: Technical services management of Windows network infrastructure, including Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS and SMS. Services included:
- Technical development and management of intranet portal applications and systems integration services.
- Management of Virtualization Lab environment using VMware Server
- Custom script development to automate telemetry, and reporting for exceptions to corporate SLA standards.
- Lead Project Manager/Systems Architect, for Windows NT4 migration to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory domain. Project encompassed approximately 22 locations (18 in the U.S., the rest OCONUS). Summary: 6 team members, 20 domain controllers, 150 servers, 2600 computers, 2,500 user accounts. Migration was completed in less than 90 days from kick-off.
- Implementation of SMS 2003, WSUS 3 using a hierarchical server architecture to manage systems across multiple time zones around the world.
- Designed and developed employee self-service web portal using Microsoft SQL Server, ASP, Oracle, PeopleSoft HR systems, and Active Directory. Developed web applications to extend functional aspects to include IT services management, SOX policies and procedures, project management and collaboration services.
TITLE: Application Programmer Analyst III
Technical lead for Autodesk design products and technologies. Software engineering and development for Autodesk product platforms, including custom applications to enable enterprise-wide design automation for shipbuilding processes, supporting of Microsoft SMS packaging and deployment services.
- Aircraft Carrier Engineering Division - Deployed the first dedicated AutoCAD LAN in the organization, using Windows NT 3.51 (was a Novell Netware environment then). Installed and configured more than 100 desktops.
- Supported engineering software SMS packaging and distribution. Managed collections and advertisements for engineering software distribution for more than 3000 users.
- Developed enterprise application software to extend AutoCAD capabilities to provide design automation for shipbuilding needs. Established standard software toolset for all aircraft carrier engineering operations.
- Autodesk Registered Developer (A.D.N.)