Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: Server (2003, 2000), Client (2000, XP, 7), Active Directory; MAC OS 10.4.11
Network Infrastructure: LAN: TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, UDP, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP; DSL, Dial-up, Proxy Servers
Software Applications: Microsoft - Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Outlook,
Programming: Visio, Project, Vmware 8.0, Lotus Notes, Remote Desktop, Log Me In, Remote Administrator, Hiren Disk, SQL, Sysmantec, McAfee
System Technician Specialist
- Responsible for day to day IT department activities. This includes researching and troubleshooting computer system issues ranging from hardware issues to virus issues, preparation of new computers, installing and testing Windows 7 images, documenting tickets in Remedy ticketing system, and performing weekly backup tapes.
- Responsible for deploying new computers as they come up for lease each quarter. Responsibilities included inventorying new desktops and laptops, adding and configuring computers to the network, installing device drivers, installing applications and transferring data from end users old computer to new computer, and sending old computers offsite to computer depot.
Desktop Support AnalystResponsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting and troubleshooting company desktops, laptops, and network printers. This ranges from troubleshooting virus and malware issues, pc and laptop hardware issues, and re-imaging desktops and laptops
- Responsible for deploying new computers as they come up for lease each quarter. Responsibilities included inventorying new computers, adding computers to the network, transferring applications and data from end users old computer to new computer, and sending old computers offsite to computer depot.
Technical Support AnalystResponsibilities:
- Responsible for handling phone and e-mail support for Broderbund and Encore software titles. This included troubleshooting issues of installation of software and error codes for their software.
- Tested and Documented software titles on Windows 7 for compatibility issues and worked with company programmers to resolve those issues.
Confidential, Iowa City, IA
Temporary Technical Support AnalystResponsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and assist in repairing proxy settings on proxy servers.
- Assisted in implementation and configuration of Pearson online testing software and troubleshoot issues that arose along the way.
- Troubleshoot file caching software when users were unable to access testing content involving issues with proxy configuration settings and use of content filters blocking software from running properly.
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
PC tech contractorResponsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair software issues on Windows XP, Vista, and 2000 Professional including installing and running programs like spybot, Kaspersky antivirus, editing windows registry, editing in the msconfig.exe, running command prompt, and installing and configuring hardware.
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
Tier 1 Support AnalystResponsibilities:
- Provide tier 1 support for Confidential ’s software called Campuscall. This included unlocking user accounts, creating control files for data uploads into projects, teaching end users how to use the products, troubleshooting errors in the application, and troubleshooting data integrity using SQL.