A highly motivated and ambitious individual able to give timely and accurate advice, guidance, support and training to team members and individuals. Possessing excellent management skills and having the ability to work with the minimum of supervision whilst leading a team of twelve or more. Having a proven ability to lead by example, consistently hit targets, improves best practices and organizes time efficiently. Excel in utilizing experience and skills gained from working with and directing teams within organizations of all sizes. Quickly adapt to changing environments and priorities. Motivate others to achieve results that significantly contribute to both internal and external customers as well as the organization itself.
Unique ability to maintain and refine the dynamic balance between people and processes so as to lead to continually improving results - education and experience in both Social Work and Business Administration and Management. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in environments demanding the effective presentation and strategic placement of information or ideas.
Fluent in English and Spanish. Strong leader with a proven ability to coach employees to greater results, both individually and for the organization. Excellent conflict recognition and resolution with both internal and external customers.
Technical support skills:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades.
- Talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of problems
- Responding to breakdowns
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Supervising junior engineering and technical staff
- Agreeing timescales
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety
- Maintaining records of software licenses
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
- Shift and on-call work.
EMC Backup and Storage Skills
- Experience in AVAMAR 6.1 - 7.1 Backup Tool.
- AVAMAR server/Client and Administrator console installation.
- Server/Client installation on different platforms (Unix/Windows/Linux). Knowledge in managing Domains, Clients, Users through AVAMAR Administrator console
- Create and Manage Dataset, Schedule and Retention Policy. Monitoring AVAMAR backups and recovering failed backups.
- Analyze Problems & escalate to appropriate Levels. Hardware /software fault detection and vendor liaison
- Good knowledge on DR and restoring backups based on requirement. Configuring Events, Notifications.
- Generating different kind of backup reports and sending to customer.
- Knowledgeable about NDMP backups
- Responsible for capacity planning and performance analysis of backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Knowledge in De-duplication & VTL’s Backup performance monitoring & optimization Capacity utilization trending and reporting
- Consults with end users to coordinate scheduling of backups and address other backup and recovery concerns.
- Responsible for strategic planning related to ongoing enhancement of large backup and recovery environment
- AVAMAR system migration concepts
- Configuring/Managing VMware backups.
- Strong Knowledge of EMC Avamar concepts
- Should understand the EMC Avamar process flow & error codes
- Responsible for advanced troubleshooting of backup and recovery related issues.
- Backup Infrastructure for FS, MSSQL & Oracle database using EMC Avamar and perform end to end setup and execute the necessary use cases and test-cases on it in order to optimize the performance.
EMC Implementation Consultant
Provides custom integration implementation support on EMC products involving software, at the customer site, including pre-site inspection, initial installation, implementation, customization, integration and outline orientation for the customer. Assists Customer Service in product implementation services. Works closely with EMC Sales, Customer Service, Project Managers and other TS personnel, Corporate Technical Support and the customer to ensure a smooth implementation and transition from start-up to integration/production mode.
- Consultant supports and reports to engagement Project Manager while assigned to active customer engagements. Advises Project Manager on Level of Effort required to perform assigned software implementations. Regularly communicates status of project and all applicable customer issues to the Project Manager.
- Performs according to established safety standards, and reports unsafe situations and recommends improvements.
- Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
- Keep Program Managers and Project Managers informed of all activities, while alerting them to any issues promptly. Update case tracking systems and or other technical applications for Software implementation and Problem Reporting/Resolution.
- Tracks, maintains and reports any travel and expense activities which are re-billable to the customer based on the engagement’s Statement of Work.
- Consultant has proven track record of successfully implementing EMC software products in a Mainframe and/or Open Systems hardware environment.
- Performs complex and/or extended-stay software implementations per the specifications in the Statement of Work, Scope document, Architecture Design Document or Project Manager Direction.
- Successfully manages relations with Customers utilizing negotiation and influencing skills to acquire the internal and external resources necessary for optimal results.
- Consultant may be required to support Program Managers, Project Managers and Solutions Architects in developing Scopes of Work and Project Plans.
Confidential - Colombia
Bilingual Tier I and II supporting end users - network and hardware by offering phone, chat and onsite support. Responsible for providing Incident and problem Management assistance, assessment and follow up for the operations of four different countries (Colombia, Spain, Peru and Venezuela). The main goal within this process has been to recover any issue as quick as possible to ensure compliance and avoid potential risks to the company. I have supported the different areas in releasing, configuring and testing of UAT and COB environments to ensure the successful functionality of applications. By participating on quality control procedures I have collaborated to ensure satisfaction and compliance of service level agreements (SLAs).
Participated and assisted with the transition process from Virtual Tech to ServiceNow, defined strategies and tools that needed to be used as part of the Transition Plan. Identified all the options for moving the product from its present state into production/operations.
Coordinated the Customer satisfaction process (surveys) that’s being executed throughout all Citi users in Colombia, providing fist point of contact with the global operation support to ensure implementation effectiveness.
Responsible for engaging, escalating and communicating with cross-functional groups within Citi and customer organizations.
Confidential,Montreal, QC Canada
System support Analyst
Provided Tier II / III phone, remote, and desk side support to aprox 1700 users clients (Eaton, Nissan, Shell & Westinghouse) Team Lead duties included; successfully trained entry and junior level technicians to ensure successful integration onto the team and the IT environment. Responsible for the timely response to incoming incidents (telephone calls, emails, etc)
Ensure timely research, routing, escalation and resolution of end user technical problems and requirements. Defined metrics to measure Customer Service; previously, they were relying on anecdotal evidence. Defined a case priority structure so time to resolution was reduced.
Revised the usage of the CRM software to accurately reflect these priorities and to notify electronically the appropriate parties. Uncovered single points of failure and implemented contingency plans.
Confidential, Vancouver, BC Canada
I was providing level II support to Teekay clients, Answers hardware and inside software questions, and serves as liaison with the IT department. Functions as a resource for Technical Services projects and tasks. Troubleshooting and resolving desktop hardware and software client trouble calls, creating problem tickets or service requests. Assists with IT projects by performing duties such as participating in project teams Provides 2nd level system support for vessels which include monitoring Vessel System Support mailbox.Confidential, Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Technical System Support Analyst.
I was commissioned to define and create new systems, processes and procedures that would improve the Customer Service reputation and results delivered to this law firm’s 8 locations. Provided first level support on software, network, and hardware in accordance with Established standards and service level agreements. Provided desktop technical support to all staff, ensuring timely identification address solution of problems, and handle installation of any additional software/hardware requirements that have been approved. Implemented a tiered system of support in order to streamline and improve Help Desk response.
Remote desktop tools: netmeeting, Console1, Bomgar, Active Directory
Ticketing Systems: Magic Asset Database, Remedy 7.0 and 8.0, USD (Universal Service Desk)
Network monitoring: Eaton Network, AT&T Monitoring Network (servers around the globe), monitoring Tool: Whatsupgold.
Confidentiality management: ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation)