In quest of an assignment in a challenging role involving Linux/UNIX technologies with leading organizations and provide my extensive contribution.
- Currently associated with Confidential Consulting as Linux/UNIX System Consultant and Unix Programmer.
- Great understanding of the system lifecycles, requirement gathering techniques and risk management.
- Strong Project Management experience.
- Extensive expertise on Linux/UNIX technologies (Redhat, AIX, Solaris, HP - UX) in a large enterprise environment (1000+ servers).
- Strong virtualization experience: VMware and RHEV
- Strong experience with VERITAS products (VCS, VXVM and Netbackup)
- Database Administration experience on Oracle 11g; good knowledge of SQL queries
- Storage/backup administration: EMC, Netapps, Commvault, VERITAS Netbackup
- Good experience with Apache Web Server
- Strong bash scripting experience; basic-level experience with Perl
- Basic understanding of Apache SVN and Puppet tool
- Good understanding of Cisco networking and security technologies (SSL/TLS)
- Undergone ITIL trainings and have in-depth experience with the ITIL framework
- Worked on DNS, NIS and Sendmail from configuration to troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Nagios and HP openview
Operating systems: Red Hat Linux (4, 5, 6); Solaris (8, 9, 10); HP-UX (10, 11i); AIX (5, 6, 7)
Volume Manager: Linux LVM, SVM, VxVM, HP-UX LVM
Tools: BMC Remedy, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Excel
Applications: Oracle 11g, Apache, WebSphere, Puppet, Apache SVN
Hardware: DELL (R620, R720), Oracle (M-series, T-series), HP (ProLiant dl380 g4/g5)
Virtualization: VMWARE, RHEV/KVM, AIX LPAR
Security: Powerbroker, SELinux, UNIX Access Control
Team Leadership Skills:
- Monitoring development activities, reporting project progress and starting strategic initiatives. Good MS PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Managing small and medium projects with a budget of $50K-$500K and team size of 5-12 members
- Interacting with the Users for system study, requirements gathering, analysis and scoping.
- Providing trainings, documentations & presentations.
- Maintaining strong partnerships and working relationships with business users, customers and IT groups.
Consulting IT Consultant
Projects: Confidential /Chicago Police DeptJob Description:
- Consolidate Linux infrastruture: build and configure RHEVs and Red-Hat Linux Virtual machines, server sizing, thin provisioning and security standardization
- Performance tuning for Oracle 11g on Redhat 6 environment
- Project Lead for Linux (redhat 5,6 32/64 bits) - AD (2008) integration project
- Work with AWS WebSupport teams to enable IP multicasting, DNS administration and Apache SSL certificate management.
- Security audit reports as per the Federal regulation. Working on a project to enable central logging, build password databse and upgrade Mcafee agents.
- Storage Capacity Planning on EMC, Dell Compellent, Commvault
- Linux SME for all IT infrastructure projects and production outages
- AD-Linux integration across 200+ systems
- Moved 100+ servers to VM environment in VMware/RHEV at Chicago Police Department
- Linux System Lifecycle Technical Lead: Design/Planning of Red-Hat Linux (v 4,5,6) servers lifecycle: platform sizing, server consolidation and Infrastructure cost reduction
- Security Specialist: perform security audits and consult Risk Management team to enhance system security and policy standards; configure powerbroker security tool, install and system patching
- Work with Release and Change Management team for all the release and migration planning
- Deploy packages using source codes and build customized rpm packages
- Installing and configuring LAMP servers on Red-hat Linux servers. Kernel tuning for optimum performance of applications
- Planning the implementation phase for OS upgrades - Linux (RHEL v 4/5 to 6)
- Created Change Management practices at Confidential
- Server lifecycle of all RHEL 4 servers to RHEL 6 at Confidential
- Server Implementation: build new servers - RHEL Linux and Solaris - based on the infrastructure requirements by different government departments
- Oracle 11g migration to Exadata environment that involved basic administration and support of Oracle Database servers.
- Solaris Zone migrations, cloning and configuration for the DR datacenter setup. Work with vendors on hardware troubleshooting.
- Helped in setting up a new DR datacenter for Confidential
- Technical Project Manager: managing small and medium level infrastructure projects in Europe and Asia Pacific -- resource allocation, establishing work priorities and presenting reports to project sponsors.
- Technical Lead for Unix/Linux lifecycle team - Create project plans for new server builds, system patching and firmware upgrades. Document and provide the implementation process for RHEL 6 deployment on all Confidential servers. Assign the tasks to team members and maintain status reports
- Configuration Management: Update CMDB on execution of change requests that lead to configuration changes. Researched on configuration management tool ‘puppet’ for tasks automation.
- Design, develop, and implement software packages for Linux system Administration. Troubleshoots debugs and implements scripts (i.e., UNIX shell scripting, Perl)
- Unix Servers Consolidation - AIX LPAR and VIOs, VMware ESX
- Client Support Lead (China, Hong Kong and Taiwan): managed client engagement services and solution implementations
- Subject Matter Expert for Symantec products (Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager): Configure, install and provide Level III support for troubleshooting
- Security Specialist: Security Specialist: perform security audits and consult Risk Management team to enhance system security and policy standards; powerbroker tool config and install; powerbroker tool config and install
- Standardizations of IT processes and procedures using ITIL framework
- Hired, mentored, coached and supervised a technical team and helped members take on greater responsibilities
- Completed 42 hours of Professional Project Management training. Completed PMP certification .
Sr. System Administrator
- Technical Project Lead for Web-Hosting projects: Installing web applications or monitoring tools, upgrading OS versions, patching, cluster switches, rebooting and patching VM servers, deployment of operating system and firmware updates
- As a Level III escalation resource, participate in technical calls on outage situations. Do root cause analysis and create technical documentation for junior team members
- Experience in configuring, tuning and maintaining Apache and WebSphere
- Web Hosting ITIL champion: review Incident and Change management processes and roll in new processes; suggest best practices for change management
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with clients at multiple levels
- Helped prepare strategic plans for the phase-wise migration of UNIX server operations to India, thus saving AT&T $1.4M annually in operability costs.
- Chosen as one of the key resource to integrate the operations of a new company USi (AT&T acquired company) with that of AT&T.
- Created various scripts to monitor system health and statistics.
- Systems analyst and Project Coordinator for the Worldwide Green Datacenter project: performed impact analysis with business counterparts and developed virtualized solutions, saving the company $700K annually in IT costs
- Remote DataCenter management comprising of about 1000+ Production/Development Servers (SAN, EMC arrays, XP1024 and Backup solution based on Netbackup)
- SAN-SAN migration: migration of Disks, VG’s and servers. Performing Jumpstart and IGNITE installation
- Monitored project activities and advised staff of issues due to resource availability
- Problem management: analyze the repetitive issues and apply a permanent fix
- Strong knowledge of SSH, RSH, NFS, CRON and SAMBA
- Work on VERITAS Cluster and EMC Time Finder technology
- Prepare project status reports, manage the team and resolve day-to-day issues
- Led the team of VPO task Force (internal project) - Helped in reducing the daily incidents
- Advance training on ITIL Foundation: Service support and service delivery
- Created a script for automatic Netbackup restore that reduced the overhead by a huge margin.
- HP-UX certification cleared (095)
Graduate Engineer Trainee
- Unix System Administration supporting total of 800+ servers (Solaris, Linux)
- Monitor and maintain UNIX systems and infrastructure services such as FTP, DNS, NIS, BIND, SMTP, Majordomo, Sendmail and syslog
- Ensuring backup of over 500 clients via VERITAS Netbackup (4.5)
- Create and maintain detailed, up-to-date technical documentation
- Apache SVN management and Shell Scripting
- Undergone training on Business Communication and ITIL
- Best performer award for the quarter (JAN ’07- MARCH ’07) in HCL-OMC
- Appreciation Certificate from the client (TEADYNE) for solving maximum cases in UNIX track