SR. NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Senior IT Professional with over 12 years’ experience in administration, desktop hardware/software support, escalation support, configuration, maintenance, engineering and troubleshooting of various technologies for medium to global enterprise environments and include proficiency in routing, switching, security, voice and wireless.
Hardware: Windows File Server, ISA proxy servers, Palo Alto website and application filtering device, CMS UNIX Server, Avaya Intuity audix, UNIX server, Cisco PIX firewall, Cisco ASA firewalls, Virtual Observer servers, Cisco router, Cisco data switches, Avaya phone 8800 switches with G650 media gateways, SIP Session manager, SIP system manager, SAL Gateway, AES server. Virtual server (which hosts many servers), Windows 2003/2008/2012 Domain Controllers, Linux Servers, DHCP Servers, Windows XP/7/8, Server operating systems (NT/ 2000/ 2003/2008/2012 ), UNIX PCs, networks, routers, switches, concentrator, firewall, VPN, and server hardware.
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, T1 Voice Circuits, T1 and T3 Data Circuits, fiber channel
Protocols: VMware ESX Server, Windows NT X.XX, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Redhat Linux
Operating Systems : Microsoft Windows 95, 98, XP and Vista, Dos X.XX, Cluster Server,Remote Access Service, Internet Information Server, Front Page,WINS, DHCP Server, Domain Name Server, Exchange Server,SQL Server, Proxy Server, Outlook, Office Professional, TerminalServer, Visio
Languages: Email Server, Windows Terminal Server, Citrix MetaFrame, Exchange Server, C, Microsoft Outlook including remote connectivity, Lotus Smart Suit, SQL, Clarify client for Microsoft SQL, Trouble Ticket Software, Business Process Management System.PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Confidential - Atlanta GA
Systems / Network Administrator
- Support daily support IT (Desktops, Laptops, phones, Servers, Networks, etc.)
- Provide customer support, assisting end users with desktop and software issues, and perform Network/Systems administration.
- Perform installation, relocation, change, and upgrades of hardware equipment and software in networking environments.
- Track issues via Helpdesk work orders and document solutions.
- Work with vendors and others to get quotes. Perform project follow-up, place and handle requests. (Project entails upgrading backbone switches, running fiber and telephony cables to another floor).
- Communicate with different parties including training, telephony personnel and networking personnel, vendors and clients for the successful completion of this project.
- Migrated internet and MPLS to AT&T to the latest technology, using diversified experience and expertise to handle all the projects with a “team spirit”.
- Worked with Operations, ISP, Confidential, Lenovo, IHG, Toshiba, AT&T and Avaya to produce clear and final documentation for all network equipment, servers, trunks, T1s, toll free numbers, active VDNs, phone extensions, agent phone login ids, CMS supervisor ids, etc.
- Manage and maintain backup solutions. Use Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 for snapshots and Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 for Full and Incremental backups.
- Install and configure workstation and servers. Install and configure DC, DHCP and DNS.
- Perform Windows update of Atlanta Servers.
- Manage group policies and scripts for pushing updates, favorites, proxy exceptions, etc.
- Manage network shares and drive file system, and shared permissions.
- Manage proxy server security and clients’ network accessibility.
- Manage departmental and functional domain groups.
- Manage Virtual (and all hosts in the virtual server) and Physical servers.
- Work on all Servers and Networking IT tickets at Atlanta site.
- Backup and restore Servers: manage server snapshots; full & incremental backups and restores.
- Create and manage group policies to manage computers, users, groups, application servers, domain controllers and file servers.
- Install applications to multiple/group of computers using logon scripts, manage proxy exceptions, map network drives, home directories, and manage access to departmental groups, access to printers, workstation security.
- Manage domain and trusts, sites and services, users and computers, group policies.
- Manage DHCP servers, DNS servers, RDP to all servers from one console window.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain desktops, laptops, phones, printers, servers, access points, switches and routers so that local and remote users have access to network resources.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, UNIX, Linux Operating Systems, Windows 2000/ 2003/2008/2012 Windows Servers Operating Systems in a multi domain Active Directory, DHCP, DNS environment.
- Responsible for the installation, documentation and configuration of data/voice communication equipment and technology upgrades on various networks.
- Responsible for all switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points and Avaya Voice Server.
- Use SecureCRT to manage many data switch, firewalls and routers sessions.
- Apply knowledge of Virtual Observer, Blue pumpkin, Virtual Server (VMWare vSphere client).
- Run network cables, telephony cables, and install telephony cards on the telephony switch.
- Label all network equipment and network cables which aided in troubleshooting issues.
- Troubleshoot any network failures and performance degradation.
- Install, configure and manage Cisco Wireless Access Points Facility.
- Handle all network security and access rights: setup/delete user accounts as needed and established a documented security system as it relates to access to network applications and files and other network resources.
- Managed Confidential Unified messaging system (Servers and mailbox accounts) which represented the convergence of voice mail, e-mail, and fax so that all messages were stored in a single location and could be accessed from a variety of devices, including telephones (both analog and VoIP based) and personal computers (messages received as attachment and could be accessed both from Unified Messaging website and user email account).
- Configured notification features that would alert subscribers in different ways (mobile phones, pagers, PDAs, and browsers) when they received a message.
Technical Desktop Support Analyst
- Identified, isolated, and resolved problems with hardware and software. Software used included Lotus Notes 6.5, Lotus Smart Suit, Trouble Ticket Software (NSS for creating trouble tickets), Clarify Client for Microsoft SQL and Business Process Management System.
- Responded to customers’ requests for technical services; answered questions on functions and use of products.
Confidential, London, United Kingdom
Network Administrator/Desktop Support Specialist
- Provided end-user support in the day-to-day operation of network, hardware and software applications. This included telephone support as well as actual visits to users on many sites.
- Supported networks, internet connections, hardware, operating systems and applications for 500+ desktops in Windows NT/Windows 2000, UNIX, & LINUX environments.