SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience: Six years of IT development and system administration experience
Web Development: C, C++, Python, Java, PHP, MySQL
Systems Administration: Red Hat/Ubuntu Linux, Microsoft Windows, VMware
System Administrator and Web developer
Confidential, Baltimore, MarylandResponsibilities:
- Administering a network of Dell servers running Red Hat Linux for the purpose of running large - scale genetic analysis programs.
- Administering a number of public PCs running Windows XP operating system.
- Fully installed a new web server by first installing RedHat Linux on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 server, reconfiguring the apache server, and obtaining an IP address and domain name for the new server.
- Fully re-installed our main computational cluster by first configuring the administrative node with the Platform Linux operating system. Then installing the additional computing nodes through the administrative node. Configuring the Dell MD1000 disk array with our Network File System to ensure file share.
- Added and configured a login server for the computational cluster for additional security.
- Develop and maintain a web interface for tracking research progress and patient appointments.
- Develop and maintain a SQL patient information database that enables staff members to track phone calls and record appointments.
- Created a patient information database encompassing 2,000 patients on a MySQL database server. Designed a PHP web framework to access and change the patient database and store both appointments and phone calls that were made to each patient for our research studies.
- Designed a front-end web page for GeneSTAR Information Services with the WordPress framework.
IT Developer and Assistant Manager,
Confidential, Woodbridge, VirginiaResponsibilities:
- Develop and improve a touch-screen order processing interface.
- Develop and maintain an online webpage to provide information to our customers.
- Assisted with restaurant operations, responsible for monitoring staffing requirements to ensure a positive dining experience for every guest.
- Developed a touch-screen order processing interface with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic.
- Initiated and completed an effort to build and host the company website. Designed the website with PHP and HTML and programmed multiple frames to ensure easy browsing.
- Improved the order processing interface, enabled color coding to ensure accuracy and added a Dining-in processing option.