Network Engineer with more than 15 years of experience in support of network operations with over 7000 users and devices, seeking an opportunity with a company for a position within the field of Information Technology.
- Project Management
- Customer Service Skills
- Network Configuration and Management
- Network Design and implementation
- Cisco, Big IP F5, Windows Server 2003, Exchange.
- Deadline Oriented
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- Supported network operations for the Navy Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI), the largest enterprise private network in the world.
- Team Lead for shift 3 on NMCI Network
- Selected to become subject - matter expert with the MCNOSC Network with Big-IP F5 Devices.
- Established Standard Operating Procedures for daily operations.
- Supported task forces during crisis in Haiti, Japan.
- Directed and developed Individual Development Plans and annual training for team members
Communications/Network Engineer MidResponsibilities:
- Create and test new designs in DEV Lab for future deployment on USMC network
- Coordinate with multiple groups to implement changes
- Write Technical Documents for implementing changes
- Track and update tickets in Remedy
- Configure and test Big-IP F5 LTM Devices
- Test patches/IOS upgrades from venders in order to maintain network integrity
- Mitigate vulnerabilities by working with vendors.
Network Associate A/Team Lead Shift 3Responsibilities:
- Directly supports daily network operations by monitoring and tracking over 7,000 network and security devices within the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI).
- Resolves network outages from start to resolution by restoring connectivity and troubleshooting CISCO routers and switches remotely.
- Track and update tickets in multiple ticketing systems
- Configure Cisco switches, routers, VPN and WX devices
- Create and update shift report entries
- Implements upgrades and changes to the network in order to maintain proper network connectivity and DOD compliance.
Network Administrator Specialist IIResponsibilities:
- Administer Active Directory for more then 300+ users on State Department networks
- Configure Network Devices for daily operations
- Conducted training classes for co-workers and users
- Author and edit knowledge base articles to help with daily operations
- Deploy Software using Post Administration Tool
- Installed, tested and maintained COTS and Proprietary software on users work stations for both classified and un-classified networks.
- Managed users on classified thin client network
Services and Technology TechnicianResponsibilities:
- Served as a computer specialist in support of daily operations for 100+ users
- Reported to the Information Technology Manager with responsibility for overseeing the daily performance of computer systems, setting up equipment for employee use, ensuring proper installation of cables and equipment, maintaining records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, and installation activities.
- Maintained and installed communications equipment for customers
- Troubleshoot and install Video and Audio equipment
- Support and assist clients with COTS and Proprietary software
- Research net technology to implement in daily operations
- Demonstrated continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide the highest quality customer service.