Solutions-focused professional with 10+ years experience providing rapid and client-focused technical support to small and large user groups. Demonstrated capacity to identify root causes and direct users to lasting resolutions. Adept at articulating complex technical concepts to users of varying technical understanding. Well versed in a variety of common operating systems, applications, and hardware with a proven ability to master new tools and technologies quickly. Outstanding interpersonal strengths illustrated by multiple service awards.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution
- End-user Training & Support
- Scheduled & Ad Hoc Maintenance
- CRM, ERP
- Root Cause Analysis
- System Implementation
- Rapid Ticket Response Times
- Detailed Documentation
- Network Setup and Design
Platforms: Windows 2000/NT/XP/Vista, Linux, Windows SBS 2003, Windows Server 2008, Palm OS, Unix, OS X Hardware: Dell / Gateway / Compaq desktops and notebooks, i Mac, i Book, Printers, IP Phones, Scanners, Digital Projectors, HP, IBM, Palm, Blackberry, Bloomberg, Cisco, networks, hard drives, controllers, motherboards,monitors, network cards, audio cards, firewalls, hubs, switches, routers, cables... Applications: Microsoft Office, Norton / McAfee Anti-virus, Veritas Backup, Trend Micro Office Scan, Norton / Symantec Ghost, Norton Internet Security, Clarify Trouble Ticket, Epiphany, Quickbooks, Photoshop, GIMP, Open Office, Eudora, Kaspersky Antivirus, Microsoft Works, Dream Weaver, Netsuite, Great Plains, Dynamics CRM, Adobe, DST, Visio... Programming: COBOL, Java, SQL, XML, HTML
Confidential, North Jersey 5/2009 - Present IT Consultant We do system administration, desktop support, web development. CRM and ERP design, administration and development are also something we do. We build scripts, do network design and firewall setup. We also setup and troubleshoot different phone syncing solutions on both Blackberry and MS platforms. We setup and maintain VOIP systems and do hardware repair,both mechanical and electronic. Key Achievements:
- Helped my clients cut costs significantly by suggesting different solutions, simplifying the processes and finding out better ways to perform tasks resulting in less issues and lower costs.
- Substantially increased security and performance of systems by initiating installation of new anti-virus software and performing critical operating system updates.
- Educated clients on how to have more IT work done in house by solving simple issues themselves.
Confidential, Vauxhall, NJ 10/2006 - 05/2009 System and CRM Administrator with Desktop Support Lead Provided technical support to 45+ users and ensured proper maintenance of workstations, printers, and other peripherals. Responded to user service requests and expediently resolved trouble tickets to maximize system up time. Deployed new workstations and printers, installed operating systems, applications, and drivers and configured networks and hardware. Established disaster recovery plans, performed regular backups and created Ghost images of workstations and servers. In charge of educating new employees, dealing with IT vendors, training new IT staff. Evaluation of current system and testing and evaluation of possible new hardware and software. Key Achievements:
- Maintained outstanding record of technical support service, learned new systems and took over outsourced duties and projects resulting in IT costs cuts by 60%.
- Project lead for setup, design and customization of new ERP,CRM and accounting solutions in main company and its subsidies.
- Significantly reduced workstation set up time by developing a disk cloning procedure to streamline system implementation.
- Setup a manual for help desk and earned "Employee of the Month Award" for comprehensive technical knowledge.
Confidential, Serbia 04/2006 - 09/2006 System Administrator Assisted 50+ users in resolving diverse hardware and software issues. Ensured quick resolution of user concerns, on levels I, II and III on both Windows and Linux OS. Helped the institution setup a strong system and trained my successors. Key Achievements:
- Reduced user callback rate by 25% through accurate assessment of root causes of technical issues and consistent implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Setup classes for users to learn the new systems and also for those just joining the team.
Confidential, Boston, MA 11/2005 - 04/2006 Desktop Support Specialist Trained departmental staff in the use of company systems and applications, providing ongoing support. Installed applications and coordinated hardware / software upgrades. Key Achievement:
- Increased departmental efficiency and reduced operational costs by creating user knowledge and help desk knowledge base.
Confidential, Serbia 11/2004 - 08/2005 System Administrator System, network administration and desktop support for both Windows and Linux systems. Designed new network for in house use. Key Achievements:
- Created knowledge base for users for self education and self solutions and setup issue tracking system resulting in faster problem solving for users by 30%.
- I did a evaluation of current system and suggested ways of increasing performance while keeping the costs down which resulted in cost savings of around 40%.
Confidential, Serbia, Lithuania 05/2000 - 10/2004 Software Developer Software developer in Java. Key Achievements:
- Came up on a team as beginner and quickly became one of key players. I worked on development of different modules and helped in system/network administration.
- I came up with new ways of running the development and support of clients which introduced higher effectiveness and less errors on developers side.
Confidential, Serbia 1998 - 2000 Computer Tech Repair of computers, OS installation, printer installation and repair (electronic and mechanical). Key Achievement:
- Learned new systems and accepted new methodologies in better OS setup and hardware repairs.
Languages: Serbian, Croatian, German, Russian, Hungarian
IT Engineer in IT Engineering IT Technician in Computer Science