Seasoned Information Technology professional with 14 years experience providing systems administration and engineering support in various roles. Currently seeking a challenging opportunity as Systems Engineer or Senior Systems Administrator where I can utilize my past experience, education and versatile skill sets to add value and expertise to a great team.PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Proficient at engineering and administrating enterprise Microsoft Windows networks, Microsoft Exchange messaging solutions, and environments utilizing VMware virtualization solutions
- Past experience includes engineering and administration of Microsoft Exchange 2003/2010, Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS - R, SCCM, DNS, DHCP, SCCM, WDS and VMware ESXi 4 and 5
- Competent at installing and supporting multiple generations of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems 2003/2008/2012
- Experience installing and configuring iSCSI Storage Arrays and configuring Backup solutions
- DISA STIG Compliance and server hardening experience
- Knowledgeable of DOD NIPR and SIPR unclassified and classified environments and familiar with Department of Defense policies and procedures
- DOD 8570:IAT Level III Compliant
Confidential , Kandahar, Afghanistan
- Perform system administration and engineering of US Army Corp of Engineers existing network systems including 60 virtual Windows 2003/2008/2012 servers, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2010 servers, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, VMware ESXi servers, and Storage Area Network devices.
- Performs duties as Information Management Officer for all users requiring access to classified systems which included account creations, enforcing user and system policies, and setup and configuration of various NIPR/SIPR/CXI classified networked devices such as workstations, printers, digital senders, and video teleconferencing equipment.
- Installs, configures, and optimizes VMware ESXi host severs and virtual machines.
- Installs and configures UCS blade servers and Dell R610/710 PowerEdge servers
- Installation, configuration, and optimization of Dell EqualLogic PS 6000 series storage arrays and configuration of ISCI LUNs.
- Configuration and Deployment of Cisco 3750 Catalyst Switches and troubleshooting Ethernet and fiber cabling issues.
- Manage Active Directory services including DNS, DFS-R file servers, DHCP, WDS, Group Policy, and File share NTFS/Share permissions for 800 system users.
- Manage Microsoft System Center SCCM collections, packaging of applications and patches advertised via SCCM 2007 and Windows Patch Management via WSUS to 800 clients.
- Performs backup configuration, monitoring, and data restoration using Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager and Backup Exec 2010 R3.
- Performs Exchange administration including mailbox moves, exmerges, mail delivery troubleshooting, and mailbox backup and restoration.
- Engineer, implement, and deploy PXE Windows 7 desktop images using Windows Deployment Server.
- Daily monitoring of the health of the network, servers, virus protection, and network storage devices.
- Performs hardware and software upgrades to network servers and storage devices including operating systems patches, firmware upgrades, hard disk drive replacement, and application patches.
- Ensures compliance with DOD IAVA requirements and installs required Windows and VMware system patches.
- Deployed, managed, and solved technical issues with Cisco IP phone zero clients using VMware View Administrator in USACEVirtual Desktop Infrastructure pilot deployed to 100 users.
Confidential , Kandahar, Afghanistan
- Performed system administration of the Confidential SWA Active Directory domain and Exchange 2003 network with over 10,000 users in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
- Provided systems administration support for unclassified and classified Windows 2003 networks including day to day operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of domain controllers, DNS, VMware ESXi clusters/hosts, storage devices, exchange servers, DHCP servers, and file/print servers.
- Responsible for administration of 30 virtual exchange servers, 6 domain controllers, and 3 file servers across 3 separate networks.
- Migrated user mailboxes from 2003 Exchange Physical servers to Exchange 2003 Virtual servers.
- Managed VMware virtual machines using VSphere VMware client and VCenter Server.
- Monitored and managed SAN server storage usage and troubleshooting space issues.
- Monitored Exchange server performance, Exchange services, messaging queues, troubleshooting of mail delivery problems, and optimization of exchange performance by compacting exchange databases using ESEUTIL utility.
- Managed and administrated active directory security for various user accounts, groups, distribution lists, organizational units, and network resources.
- Utilized various Industry tools such as SCOM 2007, SCCM, WSUS to monitor and identify critical errors while also automating patching to increase efficiency of maintenance of multiple servers across several networks.
- Responded to Security Incidents wherein classified information is wrongly placed on unclassified network and use tools such as ExMerge to remediate incidents.
- Installed operating system updates, evaluate and install IAVA patches and report system compliance to IA team.
- Performed changes to network hardware and attached devices including various Dell Servers, fiber switches, and SANs.
- Ran Full, System State, and Exchange Backups of servers using Symantec Backup Exec.
Confidential, Washington, D.C.
Exchange Systems Engineer
- Managed, configured and administrated the entire NIPR and SIPR NAVSEA Defense Messaging System Active Directory domains including DNS and Microsoft Exchange engineering and administration to meet DISA STIGs and other applicable DOD standards.
- Provided engineering support for a 22-server Windows 2003 network including day to day operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of NAVSEA DMS Exchange email system and DMS Messaging Application which consists of Exchange 2003 Clustered servers and front-end Exchange 2003 servers.
- Monitor Exchange server performance, Exchange services, and messaging queues to ensure mail is passing normally.
- Monitor and Troubleshoot Domain Controller and DNS issues which may negatively impact Messaging systems.
- Implement Group Policy to enforce compliance with user and computer settings mandated by the DoD Windows 2003 STIG.
- Install operating system updates, evaluate and install patches and report system compliance to IA team.
- Perform changes to network hardware and attached devices including investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware.
- Install, configure, and Manage McAfee Anti-Virus Enterprise / HBSS on all Exchange servers.
- Run Full, System State, and Exchange Backups of servers using Acronis True Image Enterprise and NTBackup.
- Perform Certification and Accreditation vulnerability assessments on NAVSEA Messaging System. Networks utilizing the Network Scanner tool Retina and DISA Gold Disk in a Microsoft environment
- Created site documentation to track changes to all systems.
Confidential, Washington D.C.
Microsoft Exchange Administrator
- Exchange administration of 30 centrally located clustered Exchange 2003 servers and in addition 200 remote Exchange servers located worldwide
- Monitored Exchange server performance, Exchange services, and messaging queues to ensure mail is passing normally.
- Monitored NETIQ and SCOM alerts to respond to system resource issues, event log errors, and stopped Exchange services. This also includes visual inspection of equipment and displays.
- Performed hourly checks and annotate as such on daily checklist Exchange servers and systems within areas of responsibility.
- Diagnosed and corrected common exchange server problems, including all advanced server hardware and software problems.
- Performed Exchange mailbox administration which includes transferring mailboxes between servers and restoring mailboxes to previous states.
- Perform Message Tracking to troubleshoot delivery problems.
- Perform disaster recovery operations as necessary.
- Monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot Exchange network connectivity issues.
- Install operating system updates, evaluate and install patches and perform Microsoft Exchange system configuration changes.
- Monitor backups for Exchange servers to ensure they are functioning properly.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA,
Systems Administrator, Site Lead
- Responsible for performing preventive maintenance, monitoring and optimizing the performance of Windows 2003 servers, and network devices.
- Perform Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange user account administration which includes creating and deleting accounts and modifying group memberships.
- Monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot server and network connectivity issues.
- Administer access to network share resources.
- Install operating system updates, evaluate and install patches and perform system configuration changes.
- Manage Server backups using Symantec Backup Exec.
- Perform remote administration of servers.
- Perform Symantec Ghost Imaging of hard drives for use in computer equipment.
- Perform server and printer hardware testing, analysis, and repair.
Confidential, Columbia MD
- Generate tracking tickets to document all calls and emails using the Remedy Ticket Tracking System.
- Support Clients using Microsoft Office 2003 and Windows XP in an Active Directory environment.
- Provided systems support for Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Unclassified and Classified Email, Firewall, SMS, Patches, Routers, Switches, Circuits, VPN, IVG lines, Viruses, Cables, Video and Teleconferencing, Remote Access clients, Intranet, and Blocked Websites.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity problems.
- Followed pre-established procedures and guidelines to assist customers with all agency specific applications.
- Followed strict internal procedures for handling classified and sensitive but unclassified information.
- Monitored critical websites and follow through on escalation procedures when sites are inaccessible.