With 13 years of experience as a Windows Systems Administrator, I have guided my career toward being a Windows Systems Administrator through various positions where I have designed, purchased, installed and maintained various solutions such as; VMware ESX, Windows Server 2003 & 2008 R2, Dell tape libraries, MS Exchange 2003, MS SQL 2008, CommVault backup, SharePoint, iSCSI SANs, SCSI arrays, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, GPOs and more.
I have designed and implemented various solutions that gave process improvements through product purchases and in - house development using MS Access, SharePoint, VB.Net, Cold Fusion, and batch files.
During this time I’ve always been a helpdesk technician in addition to my other roles. My helpdesk experiences range from primary user computer issue to spending hours on the phone after hours with outside technical support to solve enterprise level issues. While being in these positions I would adhere to, correct, change and create policies or standards to ensure all work was done correctly and efficiently.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Administrative: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS 5 & 6, Macromedia Cold Fusion (4-MX 7), MS Exchange 2000 & 2003, MS SQL Server 2000-2008, Windows 2000-2008 R2 Server, and Windows Clustering
Operating Systems: Windows 2000-2008 R2 Server, Windows; XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, and VMware vSphere 3.5~4
Office Applications: Access 97-2010, Excel 97-2010, MS Outlook 97-2010, PowerPoint 97-2010, Word 97-2010, Project 98-2010, Visio
Databases: MS SQL 2000-2008, MY SQL, Microsoft Access, File Maker Pro
Miscellaneous : MS SQL 2005 Reporting Services, SharePoint 2003, CommVault 3-10, Kbox 1000, FootPrints, Identity Finder.Security Clearances : TSA ClearancesROLES HELD:
- Active Directory Administrator
- Backup Administrator
- Cold Fusion Administrator
- CRM Administrator
- Desktop Support
- DHCP Administrator
- DNS Administrator
- Help Desk
- IIS Administrator
- MS SQL Administrator
- SAN Administrator
- SharePoint Administrator
- Storage Administrator
- VMware Administrator
- Windows Systems Administrator
System Administrator/Data Analyst
- Complete daily check list and save for historical audits
- Respond to user requests for account issues
- Use system services console for specific systems operation
- Verify Specific services are running
- Resolving Helpdesk issues
- Updating server documentation
- Audit information based on documented procedures
- Review notifications of server maintenance or outages
- Monitor applications per specifications
- Modify Hosting Solution Engine as needed (clustered web pages server)
- Update documents to website landing pages.
Systems Administrator, PA
- IIS installation, configuration, analysis, SSL Certificates and maintenance.
- Configuring FTP sites through IIS.
- Server log analyses for VMware, IIS, windows server, desktop and CommVault
- Designed, purchased, installed, setup, maintained, and managed a VMware 4 vSphere Environment with 3 physical servers and two physical locations.
- Helpdesk activities; CRM use, hardware, software, installation, trouble shooting and consulting with staff, faculty, VPs and deans.
- Designed, installed, setup, maintained, and managed 15 virtual Microsoft Windows 2003 servers.
- Installed, setup, maintained, and managed; DNS, DHCP, Exchange 2003, IIS, CommVault, FootPrints CRM and other critical services.
- Utilized; Active Directory, Windows File Servers, Windows Print Servers, DHCP, DNS and Exchange 2003 server to provide the users a safe, secure and useable work environment.
- Used Windows Shadow Copy, CommVault and DoubleTake for VMware as backup solution to provide a disaster recovery friendly environment.
- Designed, purchased, installed, setup, maintained, and managed a multi LUN iSCSI Dell SAN.
- Researched, purchased, installed, setup, maintained, and managed setup, troubleshoot, install, and support 20+ laptops of executive level users.
- Personally Identifiable Information scanning and removal using Identity Finder.
- Automation of administrative tasks using GPOs, Batch files, VB script, or self-created programs.
Senior Microcomputer Systems Consultant
- Instrumental in migrating from a sub-domain in the Engineering Active Directory to our own separate Active Directory Domain.
- Install, setup, maintain, and manage approximately 40+ Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 servers. Including DNS DHCP Exchange 2000, IIS and other critical processes.
- Automated creation and management of Student Classroom Accounts, Database, and Website for each IST student using the Data Warehouse, SQL, VB script, and Cold Fusion.
- Install several multi-terabyte file server clusters using Windows Clustering Service and SCSI RAID.
- Helpdesk activities; hardware, software, installation, trouble shooting and consulting with student, staff, faculty, and deans.
- Maintain and operate all the audio visual equipment in the IST building, including the Cybertorium and touch screen plasmas, for events and daily operation.
Support and Training Specialist
- Support and design Microsoft SQL 2000 servers and Cold Fusion Servers.
- Enhance, refactor and redesign web-based (CFM/SQL) CRM solution for the World Campus Helpdesk.
- Support students for the World Campus for computer related problems for their online courses.
- Lead, manage, design and implement a chat application that merges with the CRM using externally made chat software, Cold Fusion, and SQL 2000.