Total 15 years of experience in software development, Database administration and also worked as Senior Systems Analyst and Programmer Analyst. Expertise in all stages of development and implementation of Software development in distributed client server environments.
Primary area of development expertise in Sybase database versions from 11.5 to 15.7., Sybase tools, UNIX and Embedded SQL. Highly competent with communications and development of infrastructure for projects. Expert in T - SQL coding for database administration and application programmingWORK EXPERIENCE
Confidential, Mechanicsburg, PA
- Involved in CPCMS, PACMS and CPCMS refresh projects.
- CPCMS Refresh Design, coding and tuning of procedures for Presentation tier.
- Performance tuning for various stored procedures, batch jobs for extracting data from database
- In PACMS project participated in Development of Database and migration activities expensively.
- Design, coding and tuning of procedures for Presentation tier.
- Data migration procedures for moving data to new application from existing PACMS application.
- Written and developed SQL scripts to move data from Sybase 12.5 to 15.7 versions. Also participated and developed procedures, triggers and other database objects for refresh (moving from Sybase 12.5 to 15.7) This includes reading and interpreting of version 12.5 procedures (includes lot of Java code) to version 15.7 (No java - pure SQL).
- Developed operational procedures, writing UNIX shell scripts to extract and importing of data between databases.
- In CPCMS project involved extensively in data migration/mining activities designing, tuning and implementing various strategies to move data between databases from different sources.
- Developed operational procedures, writing UNIX shell scripts to automate imports and exports of data between databases.
- Performance tuning for various extract/report queries.
- Use Remedy for Incident Management and Change Management
- Self motivated Disciplined and Organized Team member and asset to any organization and team.
- Proven Written and Verbal Communication Skills to complete different projects within schedule.
Environment: Sun Solaris Unix, Sybase 12.5 to 15.7. Rapid SQL, DB Artisan, TFS for version management. Change Manager for Objects management. (Remedy management system also used)
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
Confidential is leading insurance company mainly involved in life insurance and Asset management. Mainly involved in life insurance related De-mutualization project.
- Worked extensively in user management, designing, creating and managing databases.
- Developed backup strategy & operational procedures, writing UNIX shell scripts to automate loads, dumps, BCP etc., Performance tuning for various extract/report queries, stored procedure optimization, monitoring system resource usage.
- Implemented migration of Databases from MS SQL server to Sybase sql server.
- Worked in a Data Warehouse project, which stores data from various Confidential systems.
- The database is designed and developed in DB2 on AIX UNIX.
- Mainly writing system specs, software specs, program specs, sql/shell scripts and unit test documents for uploading data and extracting data from Warehouse database.
- All scripts are planned and executed through scheduler process called 'BATMAN'.
Environment: Sybase 12.5/12.0 and DB 2/6000 7.2.2 on Sun Solaris UNIX servers and AIX UNIX servers respectively. PVCS, Change management through ICDB and Remedy pack.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Responsible for database design, developing and reviewing code for database objects.
- Maintenance and tuning of database objects. Involved extensively in technical documentation for application.
- Other work involves developing back up strategy & operational procedures, writing UNIX shell scripts to automate loads, dumps, BCP etc., Performance tuning for various extract/report queries, stored procedure optimization, monitoring system resource
Environment: SUN servers; SUN OS, Sybase 11.2, Power Designer 6.1 and Clear Case for objects management.
Confidential, Danbury, CT
Confidential is involved in Relocation industry, which has grown from nation's first relocation company to world's largest, providing a broad spectrum of relocation management services to an international client base of 1,100 public and private sector organizations.
Its credentials are based market share, product breadth, experience and longevity.
- Data migration from text files to Sybase database, developing and reviewing application programs, QA on codes.
- Responsible for database physical design, developing backup strategy & operational procedures Writing UNIX shell scripts to automate loads, dumps, BCP etc., Performance tuning of queries and stored procedures Monitoring system resource usage.
- Involved in installation, device/database creation, automating routine activities using shell scripts and user administration.
Environment: SQL programmer for triggers, stored procedures and database definitions. Desktop DBA from platinum for database administration Environment: SUN.