- An astute performer with Over Seven years of experience in System Administration, Networking & IT support.
- Acquired professional certificates: Security+, CCNA and MCP
- Experience working on Windows platform with desktop and server implementation, configuration troubleshooting.
- Configured cisco router & switches, sonic wall firewall for network and security configuration.
- Good understanding and comfortable working on various linux operating system servers. Successfully completed RHCE training.
- Comfortable working on virtualization technologies including Vmware and Citrix.
- Well aware of ITIL concepts implemented in IT department to support the business requirements.
- Attend ITIL foundation training and preparing for ITIL 2011 certification.
- Excellent communication and ability to analyze situations and reach logical conclusion finding the root cause of the issues..
Operating Systems - Windows: Client XP/Vista/Win7 & Server 2000/2003/2008Linux: Ubuntu / Red hat / Fedora
Hardware - Installing, configuring and troubleshooting server, desktop & laptops.
Windows Admin - Designing, configuring, implementing, troubleshooting windows 2000/2003/2008 server infrastructure, active directory, IIS, DHCP, DNS, File, Web-servers, virtualization.
Network Skills - Topologies designing, configuration, troubleshooting, IP addressing, TCP/IP troubleshooting, Internetworking, IP Sub-netting & VLSMs, IP routing, VLANs, managing traffic with access lists. Protocols Frame-Relay, ISDN, OSPF, RIP, IGRP and EIGRP. Managing a Cisco Network,
Backup & Recovery - Tape back, hard drive back up, online back, automated back up in cloud.
Antivirus - Symantec, Mac fee, Ca Technologies, Panda (web based antivirus)
Virtualization - VMware: Vsphere, vcenter server, workstation, vcenter convertor, player
Citrix: Xenserver, Xendesktop, VDI in a box, Xen apps.
Monitoring tools - Whats up gold, Global inventory, spice works, websense filtering tool.
Programming - Batch scripting, Linux scripting.
Confidential, Wilton, CT
- Installed, configured, administered and troubleshoot Windows servers and domain controllers.
- Provided support for complete windows network infrastructuree with server 2003/2008 in active directory and group policy environment plus desktop support along with setting up with company standard software and configuration, following best practices.
- Creating users and assigning permission in AD infrastructure. Configuring group policy for various tasks in organization.
- Experience with WSUS server for the windows update and patch management for the infrastructure with raid configuration for the recovery.
- Experienced in installation, configuration and maintenance of DNS, DHCP and file server for smooth network operations. Implemented DHCP configuration with custom values for the mitel phone system.
- Administered Microsoft hosted exchange online with responsibilities to create user, assigning license, resetting password, email forwarding through admin portal using power shell.
- Implemented self reset password service is the domain environment for users through third party software.
- Active member in a major project of implementing MPLS network across the country in 8 locations.
- Monitored the bandwidth usage of MPLS network for performance tuning and implementing QOS.
- Implemented and configured Cisco router 1800 series and Cisco 5505 adaptive security appliance for the IT infrastructure.
- Implemented and configured enterprise level sonic firewall for security under high availability mode. Troubleshoot for complex issues with firewall. Creating access list, port forwarding, opening ports for specific & custom services. Created VPN network for the remote user with proper permission access list and configuration of VLAN interface for network segmentation.
- Comfortably worked on whatsup gold for high performance predictive and pre-emptive monitoring of networks and systems infrastructure with core IP services. Hands on experience in using various Network Monitoring and Packet Sniffing tools. Capture traces to be analyzed.
- Good experience with Web Sense filtering tool for the blocking of unwanted contents in the corporate network.
- Implementing Gateway antivirus and configuration of intrusion prevention module for the security of network and data breach for network based controls.
- Experienced with installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting of VMware infrastructure using ESX server 4, vsphere, vclient, v converter, and workstation.
- Migrated servers, P2V using VMware vCenter Converter, resulting in a huge reduction of racks and power usage.
- Implemented and providing support for ESX servers, hosting guest operating systems including Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 7. Experience in created virtual desktop machine for user and server of infrastructure.
- Built a citrix infrastructure using zenserver, VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) in box, xendesktop, xenapps and xen client for the users.
- Created Virtual Desktop for roaming users and for easy data backup.
- Installed & configured antivirus server, client antivirus and cloud antivirus system for host based controls.
- Worked on mitel phone system. Configuration of new IP phone, managing phone features, setting up service code, call routing, setting up call tree for day & night. Used OPS manager & administration tools.
- Documentation of all the IT process and changes occurring in IT infrastructure. Documenting computer policies as per company standards, business continuity plans infrastructure recovery policies, physical security maps and protocols.
- Developed and implemented a disaster recovery plan for PCI compliance.
- Configured user devices like smart phones, blackberry and Ipads for email and other useful applications.
- Troubleshooting and supporting desktop computer and providing solution to client operating system win7 plus MS office and outlook. Implementing security software for host based controls.
- Implemented open source ticket system in Linux environment for logging and tracking of the IT issues. Building knowledge base for known issues.
- Experience in backup and restore of the ticket system with its database. Other configuration including creating users, groups, permission and its relationship.
- Attended meetings with third party vendors when needed to present any problems found and explain those issues.
Confidential, Rockville, MD.
Weblogic Server Administrator
- Administration, installation & configuration of weblogic application server 10.x version.
- Using WLST, automated domain creation, clustered and standalone managed servers and other resources (connection pools, data sources, JMS, Java Mail, WTC, and JTA) as clustered and non-clustered services.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of node manager and automated deployment process using shell scripting.
- Experience in resolving problems related to network, JVM, applications code problems including connection pool, thread management, JVM heap size, thread dumps, and state full/stateless sessions.
- Expertise in configuring the load-balancing (high availability), clusters, performance tuning and optimizing the application servers.
- Good understanding of Linux administration along with environment control, users & groups permissions, file systems.
- Installed, configured and updated Windows 2003 servers.
- Responsibility of mixed environment of windows & Linux computer lab of 200 PCs
- Configuring new system with electrical, mechanical, computer science related software.
- Adding system in domain environment and assigning file & folder level permissions.
- Implemented, configured and troubleshoot of network printer campus wide.
- Dealing with HP and Microsoft technical support.
- Provided troubleshooting and support for desktop applications, hardware and client operating system vista, XP plus MS office. Responsible for host based controls for security purpose.
- Experience in installing and maintaining inventory of Computers hardware, software and licenses.
- Conducting teaching classes for “Data & Computer Communication” course and Labs for OPNET Software.
- Provided support to Windows server and Linux users. Helped users setting up their specific tools / application as required.
- Troubleshooting user authentication and Active Directory permission issues.
- Utilized network traces, RDtraces and other tools.
- Provided LAN administration and support for end-users in Active Directory domains. Configured VLAN for network segmentation.
- Utilizing tools such as perfmon, poolmon, WinDbg and others to determine root causes of server performance issues
- Configured DHCP to automatically assign reusable IP addresses to DHCP clients. Configured ACLs to prevent access to internal network from unauthorized users. Troubleshoot DHCP and DNS problem.
- Checking the physical security of the server and IT devices.
- Installed & configured antivirus software server & clients for host based controls.
- Configured & maintained Web Server for production environment.
- Managed HP network printers.
- Configuration of router and programmable switches. Experience working on network security platforms and technologies such NAT, PAT. Designing network segmentation.
- IOS upgrade on various router and switches using TFTP, FTP servers.
- Built and maintained Norton Ghost Server images and performed regular system backups.
Jr. System Administrator
Worked with Vyom Labs and for its different clients.
- Handled E-mail management responsibilities, which included creating email Ids, resetting SMTP, allocating space quota to mail box of mail server hosted with Godaddy.com in USA.
- Member of IT infrastructure supporting team.
- Created documentation and procedures for IT personnel.
- Installed and worked on virtual desktop VMware software for virtualization of different operating systems.
- Troubleshoot network, Internet and email problems for end-users.
- Adhering to processes and procedures as set forth by ITIL.
- Served as point of contact for technical and process questions and concerns of team mates.
- Provided best practice advice and assisted customers with implementing technologies within their infrastructure.