- Over 16 years of hands on experience with variety of Operating Systems, Windows OS, Mac & Microsoft Office Suite
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Remote Access, networking and administrating Windows Server Enterprise and Exchange Server Enterprise. Blackberry and Verizon Sync Server for portable devices.
- Check Point, Juniper, FireMon, Cloud Computing, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, Backup Exec, CA eTrust Server, Symantec AntiSpam Filter, Wyse, Altiris, VMware, Hyper - V, Virtual PC, Novell, SharePoint
- IT Project Management
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Firewall Remediation Engineer
- Review Check Point and Juniper firewall configurations using FireMon and other tools.
- Determine if rules are compliant with Confidential policy.
- Search and identify any rules that permit traffic over unsecure ports, as well as rules that permit traffic to or from non-existent IP Addresses; recommend those rules for remediation.
- Create and submit out-of-compliance firewall rules for removal or update.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior System Admin
- Hands on experience managing IT projects including the migration to Windows 2008 domain, the upgrade to Symantec Antivirus Enterprise, the transition to the latest Symantec Backup Exec 2012 with Dell Power Vault 124t Multi-tape loader, and the hardware upgrade to a new domain controller and the new file server.
- Provided technical guidance and support to professional users: troubleshooting problems, applying upgrades, implementing security procedures, performing technical and administrative tasks to support a Microsoft Windows and PC environment, and configuring and imaging desktop and laptop PCs.
- Administered Active Directory, Group Policy, VPN, Firewall, and Remote Access.
- Managed the installation, support and administration of the network software and hardware including Windows Server 2000-2008 Enterprise and Hyper-V servers.
IT consultant / Business Analyst
- Provided the client with research and assisted in making the decisions on purchasing new software and hardware. Created the Business, Functional & Technical requirements for all new software & hardware.
- Managed all IT projects including the new installation of a Windows 2008 network & the upgrade of the hardware & software at all Confidential stores and the home office.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior System Administrator
- Led the Desktop Support Team in providing technical guidance and support to professional users: troubleshooting problems, applying upgrades, implementing security procedures, performing technical and administrative tasks to support a Microsoft Windows and PC environment, and configuring and imaging desktop and laptop PCs.
- Managed all IT projects including the transition to Wyse terminals for the call center, the splitting up of the company into two separate domains, and all upgrades to new software.
- Created user manuals for use by System Administrators and other non IT staff. Administered Active Directory, Group Policy, and configure DHCP, DNS, Site Replication, VPN and Remote Access.
- Managed installation, support and administration of the network software and hardware including Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and Exchange 2003 Enterprise and VMware servers. Administered the Blackberry, Verizon Sync for portable devices and LifeSize video conferencing system. Maintained CA eTrust Antivirus System, Symantec Spam Filter, and Symantec Backup Exec.
- Supported and maintained the telephony system including programming phones and voicemail. Researched the purchasing of new software and hardware and maintained all major vendor accounts.
- Communicated regularly with the Chief Technology Officer and the IT director. Managed annual budgets ranging from $250,000 to over $1M.
Technology System Coordinator
- Maintained the technology systems of the Career Center. Administered the Campus Professional job search program and provided technical assistance to staff and student users.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the University Career Center's website and online programs.
- Conducted training classes in all new and upgraded software used by staff, including MS Office Suite, Windows OS in addition to the Career Center specialized programs. Installed, configured, and supported all software and hardware used by staff and students.
- Communicated regularly with the University Information and Technology Services for the latest University projects. Managed all IT graduate assistants and student workers. Provided periodic statistical analysis reports using Crystal Reports, Access and SQL.
Configured and administered Novell system for all computers and printers. Designed, implemented, maintained, and supported all computer systems at multiple locations. Trained staff in techniques and skills to operate systems effectively and safely, including support specialists. Developed the computer request process that allowed staff to secure technical help in a timely manner. Maintained the Insured/Pensioner databases. Created customized financial, accounting and auditing on weekly, monthly and quarterly cycles to monitor performance of representatives, customers and accounts using Crystal Reports, MS Access and SQL. Configured Email accounts and maintained the networking systems (TCP/IP, DNS and Gateway). Wrote detailed procedures for user applications. Supported and maintained the telephony system including programming phones and voicemail.