- A multi - skilled, creative Sr. Engineer with 26 years comprehensive experience of designing, developing and deploying architectures / infrastructure for industry / commercial software / hardware system applications. Demonstrated skills on solution for sophisticated technical problems, always eager to learning new cutting edge knowledge and quickly adapted to new technology and new project assignments.
- Possessing a proven ability to work closely with project teams to successfully deliver agreed upon solutions of the highest quality, often in complex and challenging customer environments.
- Now seeking for a new and challenging Engineering position, one which will make best use of my existing skills and experience also can learn more cutting edge technology to further my personal and professional development.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Platform, Linux Platform, Embedded Windows (CE/Mobile/Embedded), Embedded Linux, uCOS,Android,uClinux,Device Drive, Linux Kernel;
Languages and Tools: C#, C/C++, Java, Delphi, Assemble Language
Mainstream developing tools and IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio, Borland Delphi, C++ Builder, Eclipse, NetBeans, GNU C/C++ (gcc, g++) command line;
Databases: MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, SQLite, NoSQL;
TECHNICAL SKILL SETS
- Design Windows /Linux Application with C#, C, C++, Java,
- Design Windows/Linux System / Web Service Application with C#, C, C++, Java
- Design Embedded Application GNU tool chain, C, C++, and Assembler.
- Design Mobile Application With Object-C, Java, C#,C,C++;
- Siemens PLC,S7-300/400,S7-1200,Rockwell RSLogix 500/5000, Ladder, SCL, RSView, Step 7, WinCC, TIA,SCADA,OPC UA,DCS,FCS;
- X86, ARM, MSP430, MIPS, MCS51, TI DSP, SoC, and Mainstream Embedded CPU/MPU.
- FPGA /CPLD: Altera Quartus II, Xilinx ISE, Verilog, Synplify, Active HDL, Modelsim, Altium Designer, PCB Layout;
- General hardware design, include digital circuit, analog circuit, AD,DA,DSP
- Embedded firmware and real time OS.
- Industry standard Protocol and Interface USB, SPI, I2C,I2S, ADC, DAC, JTAG, LVDS, Ethernet PHY/MAC, TCPIP, Can bus, PCIe, RS-232, RS485, HDMI, InfiniBand, Fiber Channel, SATA, iSCSI, DeviceNet, Modbus, Fieldbus, and Simatic Net, Profibus, Profinet etc.
- Embedded system, Industry Instrument, Sensors, Actuators hardware and firmware Designing;
- Industry Automation System and Broadcast Automation System real-time networking, architecture, infrastructure, hardware and software designing, system integration;
- Cloud / Grid / Parallel computing HPC Computing and real-time networking system architecture designing for Industry / HDTV /IPTV Broadcast Automation /online video system, Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB,Pig, NoSQL, BigData;
- New cutting edge technology and system designing consultancy, evaluation and research.
Software System Architecture
This company focuses at Industry automation system SCADA, DCS, FCS system integration and developing service. Such as city natural gas pipeline network supervisor and controlling (SCADA), Petrol pipeline supervisor and controlling (SCADA), Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemical Plant DCS and FCS system consultancy, integration, design, development, maintain and technical supports.
My mainly worked project:
- Designing Wireless RTU based on Sierra Wireless Module Q2686/Q2687 to support remote data acquisition and remote control through GPRS/3G wireless network. RTU support standard Modbus and Fieldbus protocol, provide RS485, I2C,SPI,USB interface, include the hardware (PCB board) and firmware developments (written in C/C++ based on sierra wireless OS, FPGA design using Verilog based on Altera Quartus II ).
- Designing SCADA /HMI system based on OPC UA (Unified Architecture) that primarily used for oil and gas pipeline industry. The supervisory control and data acquisition system is consisted SMS Server, OPC UA Server and Database Server and Control Clients, based on Microsoft C#, WCF, LINQ,WPF,SQL Server technology, currently support wireless RTU, Siemens PLC S 7 1200/300/400.
- Doing Research about new generation full digital HDTV broadcast system based on new technology (Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, MPI, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, Grid, Cluster, Parallel computing, GPU/FPGA acceleration, real-time encoding\transcoding hardware, Big data for video storage technology etc.).
Senior Software Engineer
The ADC Software is used by TV station as broadcast automation System, to manage and control all TV station device through industry real-time network. it’s the heart of TV station and broadcaster, include the functions of On-Air transmission, Program List Editing and preparing, Global Media Search / Transfer /Management, Device Server Redundancy, frame accurately synchronization, High availability 24/7 Server Mirroring. It has over 70% market share in international broadcast automation fields.
My responsibility as ADC software team member:
- Responsible for Broadcast Automation System Software (ADC series) Architect design, doing research and foundation designing for next generation of Broadcast Automation Solution based on IPv6 and DTV
- Provide assistance and consultancy for developers to solve most difficult technical issues and code maintain, code review bug fix, and new functions design.
- Programming the architecture skeleton codebase to share across the whole ADC product lines and maintain generic API for whole ADC product suite.
- Helping Project manager to manage the remote Engineering team in China and Russia, provide onsite training, design guideline, design document review, code review and daily activity.
- Provide assistance and consultancy for overall engineering process designing, such as version control, build process and automation, bug tracking, release.
Principal System Researcher / System Analyst /Project Manager
I managed a team of 16-20 engineers with Computer Software / Hardware/ Electrical / Automation / Mechanical Engineering background; beside continue the second generation underwater robot system research. Beside the research project, I also finished many other commercial and industry software project development and system integration, accomplished several enterprise level Application software projects
- Developed a stock price analyzing and trading system. The system is based on Novell Network and Server, in DOS and Windows environments, using C and C++;
- Developed a welding rod manufacturer product line temperature and humidity monitoring system.
- Developed an electric power fault wave record system for power stations and plants this system is used to replace old film based fault wave recording with distributed microprocessor system. I designed all the software and hardware, and now still hundreds of equipment running in china main power plants.
- Hospital financial and accounting information manager system network based on Windows NT and Microsoft SQL server,
- Hotel information managing system based on Windows NT and Microsoft SQL server.
- Newspaper and magazine booking and delivery management system based on UNIX and Oracle and IP network for the post offices of Hubei Province.
- Telephone tolling managing system for small business.
- System design and performing system analyses for the Population Managing System and Criminal CASE Tracing and Statistics System for the China government public security ministry, using Oracle running on mainframe computers, include developing tools: IBM WebSphere, Delphi, VC, VB, Lotus Domino Server, Servlet, EJB, and Netscape Webserver.
- Developed Web Report system, an Internet solution for enterprise and government to collecting data from all related sub-branch office. This system using Oracle as Central Database, WebReport Server as middle-tier and internet browser as client. Administrative user can create/edit/modify report structure and format visually, then automatically map to database server and publish to all end-user through web Server.
- Workgroup Level Switcher / Caller Center, and its Management system for small business.