Proven project manager and senior systems engineer capable of managing and mentoring project teams as well as providing hands on technical expertise with over fifteen years of experience in various disciplines within information technology and telecommunications industries. Proven track record for providing reliable account support in both a consultative and technical capacity. Excellent project management, process improvement, budgetary planning, and cost containment abilities.
- Resource Management
- Vendor Management
- Project Management
- Network Capacity Planning
- Interactive Customer Training
- Certified Confidential Switch Engineer
- Cisco 6500 L2 & L3
- Confidential VOIP
- Confidential 8600 Expert L2 & L3
- Unix / Linux / OpenBSD
- Microsoft OS Platforms / Visio
- OSPF / BGP / EIGRP / MPLS
- Lab Testing
- SONET / ATM
- Wireshark, Infinistream
- Asterisk / 3CX / FreePBX
- SolarWinds, Netscout, OpenNMS
- IP Management Platforms
- Juniper Routers / Switches
- Cisco Routers / Switches
- Alteon Load Balancers
- DNS, DHCP, AD
- Cisco Pix /ASA Firewalls
- Cisco ACE / Confidential Alteon
- Cisco Nexus 5k/7k
Senior Network Engineer
- Provide design and operational support for campus network consisting of Cisco hardware such as 6500 switches, Nexus 7000 and 5000 switches, Cisco UCM, ASA firewalls and routers. Primary responsibilities in the environment include troubleshooting multi - vendor topologies with external clients, new product support for various new corporate initiatives and supporting overseas locations to ensure voice and data network uptime and resiliency.
- Network management responsibilities include various activities, such as constructing solutions using a variety of various tools in UNIX, Linux and Windows to accomplish. I provided the first ip flow based solution in the environment for proactively identifying problems prior to issues being identified by our end customers.
- Design support for the network was performed utilizing various protocols, such as EIGRP, BGP and NAT. Fully meshed core was fully implemented utilizing 802.1q trunking and hub and spoke frame relay to various edge nodes.
Confidential, Billerica, MA
Senior Systems Engineer
Provided technical design and consultative services to customers regarding network health, capacity planning, and design needs. Responsible for network implementation of Confidential equipment portfolio into customer’s networks and to test and validate design solutions. I Solved enterprise wide problems for customers as part of Confidential ’s Emergency Response Team. Manage small teams to deliver infrastructure improvement projects in a timely fashion. Traveled worldwide to complete assignments within customer scopes. Some examples include:
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia -Complete network downtime objectives ahead of planned timeframe to reduce service interruptions by 30% while increasing overall network reliability with the implementation of a new generation network, providing greater reliability. Implemented basics for VOIP for later refinement.
- Meridian Health Systems, Temple University and The New York Times-Solved very difficult internetworking issues not seen before for clients implementing next generation technology such as VOIP.
- Verizon,Comcast, Sprint- Integrated complex voice and data networks, enabling them to both optimize utilization of existing bandwidth and to cut costs by using existing resources more efficiently.
- Qwest and the State of New York - Provided high level of technical consulting expertise for the upgrades and expansions of VPN networks, ensuring their completion without unplanned incidents.
- United States House of Representatives -Performed network expansions in October 2001 greatly increasing their capabilities to process information.
- Long Island Railroad - Commission, validate, test and turn-up a new network for the automation of various processes.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior Systems Engineer / Project Manager
Responsible for managing computer operations on enterprise level. Maintain high customer satisfaction levels. Create custom Project Plans and Solutions for various customer projects. Deliver quality solutions under budget and ahead of customer time schedules. Manage junior engineers and maintain relationships within the accounts from a services standpoint.
- Manage Install team of 20 to successfully convert 8,500 domestic clients and 500 foreign clients to Windows 95.
- Created in house web reporting mechanism to house total uptime and traffic analysis patterns encountered throughout the enterprise.
- Managed junior engineers and maintained relationships with accounts.
- Worked to create proper standards, testing and documentation were developed and deployed.