- Over 8 Years of Experience in UNIX/LINUX Systems and Network administration for Sun Solaris 9, 10, Linux RedHat (RHEL 4, 5, 6), CentOS, SUSE, Debian, OEL & HP - UX 10.x, 11.x.
- Experience in installation, configuration file system management through Logical Volume Manager (LVM), VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM), Solaris Volume Manager (SVM).
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESX/GSX, VSphere,VCenter.
- Volume and Filesystem management using Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) and VeritasFilesystem (Veritas Storage Foundation).
- Clustering solutions for High Availability using tools such as Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), RedHat HA (RHCS), and MSCS.
- Good knowledge of RAID groups and setting up NFS,CIFS and iSCSI protocols in SAN/NAS environment on HPUX 11.23/11.31 and Redhat LINUX.
- Experienced in system administration, System planning and design, co-ordination and communicate at group level and user level.
- Configuration, implementation, troubleshooting and administration of NFS, NIS, DNS, and LDAP on Solaris and Linux environment.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Samba, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and Linux environment.
- Experience in Patch management, Disk management, Security, troubleshooting, Disaster Recovery and Planning.
- Experience in SAN and VERITAS NetBackup administration.
- Performing regular day-to-day Systems Administration activities such as User Administrations, Disk Management, Package Install, Patch Management, Storage Management, Performance Monitoring; Log files Monitoring, Jobs Scheduling, NFSAdministration and Disaster Recovery/fail-over exercises.
- Proficient in Shell Scripting (Bash), Sed&Awk.
- Ability to plan, schedule and execute projects on time.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red hat - RHEL 3/4/5/6),Fedora Core 17.x/16.x, Ubuntu 12.x/13.x, HP-UX, Solaris, Windows 03/00/NT4.0.
Hardware: HP DL380 G5/G6/G7/Gen8, Dell Poweredge 1950, 2300, 2450, R810. IBM RS/6000, IBM Blade center, JS20, JS21, HS20, pSeries 570, 590, 595, 650, 630, 670, 780, 770, 750, 740, 730 SUN Enterprise 450.
Web Servers: Apache (httpd), apache-tomcat, jboss, weblogic. Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, Apache Http Server, IIS 4.0/5.0, MQ Series.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, DB2, MS SQL SERVER 7.0/2000, SyBase.
Networking: NIS, NFS, AutoFS, DNS. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, and LA
Other Skills: VMware, VCenter Server, VMware Server, Xen, Solaris Zones. LPAR, NIM, TSM IBM tape libraries.PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY:
Client: Confidential, Irving, TX
Role: Linux System Administrator
- Worked as Linux Administrator Supporting the Server farm in 24X7 Production Environment.
- Supported Red Hat Linux (RHEL 5.6) and Fedora Core 18.x/17.x Servers
- Installation/Administration of RHEL 5.6 and Fedora on Multiple Servers (configuration, testing on both physical and virtual machines).
- Install and configure various services like DHCP , NFS , DNS,Apache Web Server , NIS , LDAP , Samba , SSH , FTP/SFTP, Sendmail / SMTP, Telnet, RPM Package Management, File System Management
- Developed Shell Scripts for automation of daily tasks.
- Develop Linux shell scripts to accomplish redundant tasks to simplify in distributed administration.
- Worked on Security/Authorizations; Created users with limited and full root privileges. Create and manage sudoers.
- Perform day to day Linux administration such as user accounts,logon scripts,directory services, file system shares, permissions. Support Oracle database.
- Setup NFS and Samba File sharing on Linux and Windows servers .
- Develop and maintain the documents, library and procedural documents of the system.
- Utilized Remedy for data center service requests (Network requests for IP’s, ILO’s, and DNS changes).
- Acquired comprehensive requirements from Project Managers, Team Leads pertaining to the servers to be migrated.
- Responsible for resolving network issues using network tools like ping , tcptraceroute , traceroute , tcpdump .
- Performing change management as per company standards in accordance with the hardware provider.
- Horizontal and Vertical Clustering. Setup Node Managers and Admin Servers. Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Setting up cron schedules for backups and monitoring processes.
- Automated server building using System Imager, PXE,Kickstart and Jumpstart, for Solaris and RHEL Servers.
- Upgrades, installs, configuration and administration security and monitoring tools on Linux.
- Excellent in patches and packages installation on Linux/UnixEnvironment.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Experience in Linux kernel configuration.
- Updating YUM Repository and Redhat Package Manager (RPM).
- Monitored Linux server for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
- Building Customized Scripts / LVM for the SAN (HOST) based migrations.
Environment: Redhat RHEL 6.x/5.6, Fedora Core 18.x/17.x, UBUNTU 12.x/13.x, Logical Volume manager, Server Dell R10, R410, R910, HP-DL580 servers, DNS,NFS,SMTP.
Client: Confidential, Lakewood, CO
Role: Solaris/Linux System Administrator
- Involved in UNIX/LINUX System and Network administration in Sun Solaris (9/10), HP-UX 11.31, Linux (RedHat 5/6) servers running different Database and Middleware Applications.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and Filesystem Management using LVM, Veritas Volume Manager and VeritasFilesystem (Veritas Storage Foundation), Configuring ZFS filesystems.
- Build two new VMware ESX Server 4.x/5.x on HP HW running Red Hat Enterprise Linux & Created different virtual machine like Debian, windows 2003&2008 server, SuSEenterprise Linux using VMware Virtual Infrastructure Client tool and configured with EMC storage box.
- Supported around 200+ whole root zones running on Solaris 10 environment.
- Maintained 15 VMware ESX server connected with two EMC VNX SAN box and managed of two Cisco MDS switch using Fabric & Device management tool.
- Clustering solutions for High Availability using tools such as Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), MSCS, RHCS.
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESX, VCenterVSphere, and Solaris 10 Zones.
- Installation and Configuration of Sun Enterprise Servers, HP and IBM Blade Servers (C6000 & C7000), HP Itanium, Configured Enterprise UNIX/LINUX systems in heterogeneous environment (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX) with SAN/NAS infrastructure across multiple sites on mission business critical systems.
- Setup, Implementation, Configuration, documentation of Backup/Restore solutions for Disaster/Business Recovery of clients using OMNIBACK on UNIX and LINUX platform.
- Performed quarterly patching of Linux,Solaris and HPUX servers on regular schedule. Involved in up Network/SAN based ignite images for HPUX PA RISC and integrity servers.
- Good knowledge of RAID groups and setting up NFS, CIFS and iSCSI protocols in SAN/NAS environment on HPUX 11.31 and Redhat LINUX.
- Implementation of oracle RAC 10g on HPUX blades and Itanium servers with Redhatlinux RHEL 5.x/6.x along with SAN storage on EVAs. Also implemented and support HPUX Service guard on Linux servers.
- Involved and set up migration for UNIX/Linux server and SAN storage between data centers and also application migration and testing. This included SAN/Application migration and testing various functionalities of key applications.
- Installing, setup of proliant blade BL,DL series with fiber channel connectivity, Cisco GESM interconnect switch, configuring the connectivity, setting up JBOSS cluster, setting up oracle RAC cluster, configuring load-balancing on apache, on Redhat Linux 5.x Setting up NIS/NFS on RedHat servers.
- Setting up JBoss cluster and configuring apache with JBosson RetHat Linux. Proxy serving with Apache. Troubleshooting Apache with JBoss and Mod jk troubleshooting for the clients.
- Setting up the lab environment with Tomcat/Apache, configuring the setup with F5 virtual load balancer for customer application.
Environment: Redhat RHEL 6.x/5.6,Logical Volume manager, VMware ESX Server 4.x/5.x,Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), Tomcat/Apache,MSCS, RHCS, Sun Enterprise Servers, HP and IBM Blade Servers (C6000 & C7000)
Client: Confidential, Dallas, TX
Role: Solaris/Linux System Administrator
- Installed, upgraded, Mirrored and configured RHEL 4.x and Sun Solaris 10/9.0/8.0 using Kickstart, Jumpstart Installation respectively.
- Upgraded Solaris 8 to 9 and 9 to 10 on Sun servers and workstations. Added necessary patches using patchadd utility and scripts.
- Controlled disk operations, disk group operations, volume operations and volume configurations using vxdisk, vxdg, vxassist, vxmake and vxvol in Veritas Volume Manager.
- Configured Printers, Print Server and Print Clients using commands like lp, lpstat, lpadmin, lpfilter&GUI.
- Configured and administered Samba to provide file services, resolved various inter-operability issues between Windows NT&Solaris platforms.
- Installation, Setup and Configuration of WebLogic 9.0/8.1 application server.
- Deployed Portlets manually using Admin Console.
- Disk Management using different RIAD technologies in Solaris and Linux using Veritas Volume Manager and LVM.
- Veritas Cluster Installation and Configuration along with Resources and Service Groups Configuration in VCS.
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS and Samba inRedHat Linux, and Sun Solaris.
- Network trouble shooting using ndd, traceroute, netstat, ifconfig and snoop.
- Administered and Managed Network Applications and Services like NFS with Hummingbird connectivity V7.1.
- Involved in Configuring DHCP server and giving IP addressing dynamically.
- FTP Server configuration in Linux and done kernel tuning on Linux for play out software.
- Involved in creating new users, groups and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software and directories & files using access modes.
- Written Shell scripts to run Batch Jobs on Sun Solaris and RedHat Linux servers.
- Provided system performance reporting on a regular basis along with keeping all software at current version levels, and maintaining a log of changes for tracking.
Environment: RHEL 4.x, Sun Solaris 10/9.0/8.0,Windows NT & Solaris, WebLogic 9.0/8.1,Logical Volume manager.
Client: Confidential, Phoenix, NV
Role: System Administrator(Linux-UNIX)
- Provisioning and installing of Linux RHEL, Centos operating systems on x86 and Dell PowerEdge server. This included provisioning the environments on VMs created on vSphere 4.0
- Experience on using XEN and KVM virtualization on Linux servers.
- Performed Disk administration using LVM’s and implemented file system expansion
- Performance Analysis of resources like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap from command line using commands like prstat, vmstat, sar, iostat, swap
- Troubleshooting webserver Apache 1.3x; Configuring NIC bonding on Linux server.
- Configuring password less login through SSH. Generating key using ssh-keygen
- Patch and package administration for installation of patches as per the company policy and installation of packaged application
- Configuring and implementing DHCP, DNS, SAMBA installation and configuration on different. Platforms in heterogeneous Network environment
- Worked on monitoring tools like MRTG, Netcool, Gomez
- Editing crontab adding and deleting automated scripts
- Experience in Backup/Recovery using tar,CPIO
- User, Group management for all the UNIX servers and also used sudoers on Linux
- Modifying/ Writing scripts in Bash and Korn shell for optimizing day to day administration
- Creating and modifying Standing Operating procedures for the team.
- Following change management process and tickets using Remedy tool.
- Support on-call on rotation basis 24 * 7
Environment: Redhat EL 3.x, 4.x, Logical Volume manager, Server Dell R10, R410, R910 servers, DNS,NFS,SMTP, Web server Apache 1.3x
Role: UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator
- Responsible for day-to-day System Administration for Linux RedHat servers.
- Build the E450 and 6000 Servers with Solaris operating system.
- Storage setups, RAID, Logical Volume Manager, system backup design and disaster recovery.
- Systems performance monitoring.
- Solaris Operating Systems upgrade, package installations, updates, patches and software fixes.
- Responsible for troubleshooting end user and application problems.
- Veritas File system and Veritas Volume Manager.
- Creating User accounts, Mail account, groups, printer etc.
- Monitoring system resources, logs, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore.
- Set up Quotas for the user accounts & limiting the disk space usage.
- Creation/Configuration of Additional swap/ tmp dynamically as and when required.
- NFS Management - Take care of user accounts/groups, setting up of NFS Environment.
- Solving the problems as & when created when NFS data being accessed.
- Worked closely with database administration staff to ensure optimal performance of databases, and maintain development applications and databases.
- Assembling the systems and installing operating system and application software.
- Training for users to use the program.
Environment:Solaris 10/9/8/2.x, IX 4.3, 5.1/5.3L,Sun E10K and E15K Servers, Sun Enterprise 6500/500/4500/450/ 420 R/250 Servers, Ultra Enterprise 2/1 Servers