- DoD Security Clearance
- Accomplished and Goal - Orientated
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical support abilities
- Excels in developing and motivating highly focused teams
- Productivity Improvement
- Operational Leadership
- 15+ years of progressive IT experience in DoD environment. involving enterprise datacenter tools, strategies and technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to rapidly acquire technical skills and evaluate potential technical solutions.
- Ability to lead and oversee comprehensive, systematic troubleshooting, and problem solving activities.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced, competitive environment.
- Ability to interact with senior management and technical staff.
- In depth knowledge of VMware products: ESX 3.5, ESXi,3X, ESX 4X vSphere, ESXi 5X, VMware VCC 3X, VMware Virtual Center 4X, VMware Virtual Center 5.0 and 5.1, Lab Manager, vCloud Director 1.0 and 1.5, Virtual Consolidated Backup, Virtual Data Recovery, VMware Converter & Plate Spin, Veeam Backup and Recovery, Site Recovery Manager.
- In depth understanding of supporting technologies: Windows operating system/s (2000, 2003 & 2008), Exchange, IIS, Active Directory, WINS/DHCP/DNS, Anti-Virus, WSUS, Hyper-V, Terminal Server
- Extensive Windows Server administration ( 2000, 2003, 2008)
- History of design and installation of Business Continuity and Data Recovery (D/R) strategies.
- Basic understanding of Project Management concepts.
- Understanding of enterprise datacenter technologies including Networking, Security, TCP/IP, SAN and NAS, physical datacenter practices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust..
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of customer satisfaction on engagements.
- Experience designing, planning, and implementing large scale solutions for diverse customers.
- In depth direct system engineering experience involving specific hardware, software and services solutions with a focus on virtualization solutions.
- Microsoft Terminal Server, Microsoft Terminal Server Gateway, MS IIS, ArcServe 6.5, Veritas Backup Exec 8.0, Microsoft Office 95, 97, 2000 and 2007, Norton Ghost 7.0 and 8.0, Microsoft SQL Server
- Maintain a secure network environment with software testing and Server Lockdown
- VMware - Build, configure and maintain a VMware virtual infrastructure, which includes migrating physical hardware servers to virtual servers, utilizing VMware Virtual SMP, VMware HA, VMware DRS, VMware
- Vmotion, VMware consolidated backups while monitoring with VMware Virtual Center
- Microsoft virtual machine manager - used to Deploy, Manage and Monitor Microsoft Hyper-V Servers.
- Create new Network accounts for Windows 2000 -2008 which included: new user global and local groups; installed and configured network printers, updates; configured disk subsystems including fault tolerance
- Administration of Windows Active Directory
- System Administration for 50,000+ users
VMware 3.0/3.5/ vSphere 4.1/18.104.22.168 , VMware vCloud Director 1.5/5.1, RHEL 5.7/5.8, Windows Server 2000/2003/R2/ 2008/R2/2012, Windows 2008 Hyper V Technology, Hyper-V Virtual Machine Manager, Service Center Virtual Machine Manager, VMware DRS\HA & FT, Active Directory, IIS 6, Site Recovery Manager, VMware Consolidated Backup, VMware Converter, Veeam Backup and Recovery, vFoglight, Virtual Center Operations Manager, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Multiple flavors of Windows desktop, EMC Powerpath, Wireshark, Tcpdump, Putty, Winscp, MS Office Suite, MS ForeFront, WSUS, Symantec/McAfee Anti-Virus. Dell Open Manage Essentials, Teradici Management Console.
- Architech and deployed Teradici PCoIP Management Console to manage 4,500 zero clients with a end state of 10,000 devices . The management console allowed us to centrally control the configuration and firmware updates of all our zero clients PCoIP devices.
- Work with a team to design a new layout for Active Directory within the division, in addition to performing AD cleaning up removing empty security Groups and OU’s
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and day to day maintenance of 47 ESXi 5 hosts, 9 Clusters running on Dell Blades house in Dell M1000 Blade Chassi running 650 Virtual Guests in our Production and DR Datacenters in support TMX Finance POS (Point of Sales Systems) currently used by 1000+ stores through out the U.S. Also with the help of SRM and Avamar backup solutation using Recovery point. Ensuring a 99% availability of all critical systems and applications.
- Also responsible for daily operation of TMX private vCloud Director 1.5 running 150 virtual guests which allowed complete end to end testing of various application platforms in a fenced enviormnet to emulate our productions enviornment. This enviornment also allowed us to provide different levels of testing for devlopers and application testers in support of POS Systems for TMX Finance.
- Perform a net new installation of vCloud Director from version 1.5 to 5.1. this upgrade allowed TMX to benefits from the many added features included in vCloud Director 5.1. Also responsible for using various tools such as vFoglight, SCOM and vcops to assist in monitoring the overall health of TMX virtual enviornment, I was also responsible for installing, configuring and deploying Dell Open Manage Essentials which gave us a real time hardware monitoring.
- Performs hardware, software and network upgrades for the United States Army Reserve Datacenter
- System Administrator/Virtualization SME in support of US Army Reserve Enterprise Datacenter. Integrated Test Lab Manager Responsible for all facets of software testing in accordance with Configuration Management prior to introducing software packages into production environment.
- Installed VMWARE ESX VI3, within the integrated test lab to demonstrate how the physical servers footprint could be reduced within the Army Reserve datacenter with the use of plate spin software.
- Stood up VMWARE VI3 farm into Production which allowed the migration of share point collaboration and a host of others application to function in a virtual environment.
- Lead Architect of Army Reserve Virtualization project
- Deployed a 7 Node DRS/HA VMware Vsphere Cluster and migrated ESX 3.5 Guests onto ESX 4x hosts. Deployed 7 Node Microsoft Hyper-V farm.
- Migrated 150 Virtual guest to New Army Reserve Center.
- Deployed a 13 Node DRS/HA Cluster that will support all virtualization projects in New Army Reserve Datacenter.
- Successfully migrated 150 virtual guest between two datacenter. Deployed a 2 node DRS/HA VM Cluster to support Army Reserve DMZ. Stood up a 6 Node Microsoft Hyper-V Cluster to support various virtual projects.
- As server administrator responsible for configuring Dell rack mounted R900, R805, 2970, 6850,6650,2950, 2650, 1950, 1850 and 1750’s servers with Army Reserve baseline image prior to rollout into the Army Reserve Production, Development, Dynamic/Static Test environments, using ITIL V2/3 framework.
- Implemented Dell Open Manage network Monitor, which allows constant monitoring of all server hardware. As server administrator.
- Act as a direct liaison between Army Reserve Datacenter and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in which I Created the SSL, Request, and ensure the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates we installed on all required datacenter servers throughout the Army Reserve enterprise.
- Served as Enterprise Network Operating Service Center Manager which I was responsible for the overall monitoring of network hardware and software monitoring across the Army Reserve Enterprise.
- Served as a tier 2 level support desk assisting commands outside of the datacenter with hardware, software and network related problems.
- Installed, configured and monitored Symantec Anti-virus for the Army Reserve Enterprise network.
- Installed, configured and monitored Microsoft Software Update Server to control patch management. Instrumental in standing up Contingency Operation site (COOP) for the Army Reserve.
- As Information assurance I was responsible for scanning all servers in The Army Reserve Datacenter checking for vulnerabilities and applying and needed patches.
- Responsible for network and performance monitoring of all servers in the army reserve Datacenter.