An accomplished IT professional with experience as Sun Solaris Systems administrator (Solaris 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11), AIX system administrator (3.2.5, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 5L), SCO UNIX 3.2.5, RED HAT Linux Administrator (4 5.2 5.3 6 7.2 10 ADS RHEL 5.3 5.4, 6.0, 6.4), JBOSS App server Administrator (4.2, 4.3,5.1,7.1), RHN Satellite 5.3/5.4 Administrator & JBOSS Operations Network 2.3 administrator and as Information Technology Security Consultant. Trained in E10K Administration at SUN Micro Systems, in IBM RS 6000 AIX systems Administration (AIX 4.2) at IBM and in Oracle 9i Database Administration and Performance Tuning (Oracle Workforce Development Program) at Oracle Training Partner. Architect of data centers / networks / systems and has extensive experience in UNIX server/Web/Intranet Security plans and procedures based on server hardening (Solaris, AIX & Red Hat Linux) and access/asset/scanning/monitoring/logging policies and procedures. Backup/Disaster recovery systems (EMC & Alexandria).Project functions involved: Evaluate, plan, architect, document and execute disaster recovery and business continuance plans and procedures for airline / financial / insurance / pharmaceutical / government domains involving cluster / SAN Storage(SUN, EMC, Hitachi, Dell) subsystems / backup /virtualization based solutions for SLAs of varying RPOs & RTOs. Experienced in supporting heterogeneous LAN environments from DOS, Novell NetWare 2.2, Windows 5/98/NT/2K/XP/2kx, Susi 8 Linux, REDHAT Linux (5.2, 6, 7.2, 10 ADS, RHEL 5.4, 5.3, 6.4), AIX (3.2.5, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 5L), Sun Solaris (5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11). Architect & configure High Availability Clustering (HACMP) AIX clusters, VERITAS Cluster 4.1 based Solaris 9 clusters(SAP), RHEL clusters, Secure JBOSS Application server (4.2, 4.3) load balanced clusters, Web logic 10 Application clusters, Oracle RAC on 9i/10g and MySQL replications, installation of Hadoop clusters. Experienced on all major SUN (Sparc/Sun Fire) Servers from SUN/Oracle, RISC based (IBM RS6000) AIX servers from IBM and REDHAT Linux servers from Dell. Has setup and administered Data centers/networks of heterogeneous operating systems (Novell Netware & Windows, AIX, SCO, SUN OS etc.) hooked on to Fiber optic back - bone and monitored these networks & systems for operational and performance parameters using various tools. Installed / configured Apache http servers, Tomcat Application servers, Load balanced JBOSS Application server clusters, Web logic clusters & IBM Web sphere and Domino notes based internet web applications. Has extensive experience in data center migration, database migration((MySQL,Oracle) and server migrations from physical to physical environment and physical to virtual environment involving Solaris 10 zones/LDOMs, VMware (ESX 3.5, ESX4.0 & ESXi 5.1) and RHEL. Has extensive knowledge of Security baselines, Standards, Best practices for hardening, Compliance requirements, Scanning, Monitoring, Log analysis & Intrusion detection systems.
SUN OS 2.x, Solaris 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,11 AIX 5L, 4.x, 3.2, HACMP for AIX 3.2.5, VERITAS Cluster 4.1, Windows NT, 98, 95, 2000, 2003, VMware server ESX(3.5, 184.108.40.206), REDHAT Linux 5.2, 6, 7.2, 10ADS, RHEL 6.4, 5.4, 5.3. Red Hat satellite 5.3, Susi Linux 8, SCO UNIX System V Rel 3.2, 4.2, AT&T 3.2 (DRS 6000), Novell NetWare 2.X, DOS, Apple MAC OS 10.X.JBOSS Application server(4.2, 4.3), JBOSS Operations Network 2.3, BEA Web logic 10, Web sphere, Apache Tomcat 4.0.12, Apache HTTP servers, ACE Security, Etrust, Power broker, Checkpoint Firewall, Alexandria Backup, Legato backup, VERITAS Netbackup, EMC EDM, MQ Series, NIS/NFS, VERITAS, ORACLE(6, 7, 8.x, 9i, 10g, Mysql, Postrgesql, Ingres, FoxPro 2.x, Dbase III, JAVA, HTML,PHP, awk, C/C++, Fortran, Cobol, Power Builder3.0, Visual basic 3,Visual Basic 6, AutoCAD 3.2, CA Unicenter, Netlabs Net manager, BMC Patrol Server, Documentum, Eastman Open Workflow & Open Image, Nessus security scanner.
IBM RS6000, Sun Ultra Enterprise Server E(25/15/E10K ) E6800, E6000, E5000, E4500, E3000, E420, E250, E2000, E450, SPRAC 20/10/5/2 work stations, SPARC/EMC/Hitachi/Dell Equallogic storage arrays, Sun fire T2000/X4540, A1000, A5100s, Routers (Xyplex-Network-9000), Hubs (Xyplex-Sx-3130-002), Terminal Servers (GTS 16, LTS 16), Modems Worldwide, Line Drivers, Datamarg Multiplexers 8 Channel, IBM - 390 (7012) IBM PC Servers. Cisco Local Director
PROJECTS & CLIENTS:
Confidential, Albany, NY
IT Security System Administrator/Sun Solaris/ System Administrator
- Install, configure & register Red hat satellite server (Satellite 5.3 / Oracle 10g) with RHN. Registration if the clients with the Red hat satellite server.
- Synchronizing the satellite channels with RHN. Add, maintain channels, provisioning, keep the Satellite server up-to-date on errata/packages, and add/maintain satellite users / privileges.
- Register Red hat satellite client profiles; keep the clients up-to-date on security patches/errata/packages.
- Evaluate the security issues related to BYOD, Govt cloud, email, DOH wireless LAN etc. as required by the Bureau Director. Review and analyze new technologies and product for features and security aspects.
- Install, configure Nessus security scanner (3/4) & run vulnerability scans the network systems with the scanner, posting the scan reports on intranet for concerned groups to monitor & take corrective measures. Collecting/monitoring system logs, firewall logs, tcpdumps etc investigate the cases reported by IDS by event co-relation. Scan hosts/networks during the firewall approval process.
- Administration of the VPN solution involving ACE, secure ID,Radius & LDAP. Manage the enterprise internet policy
- Installation, configuration of Apache web servers/JBoss 4x/5x application cluster servers etc on Red hat Linux (5.2/5.3/5.4). SSL Certificate request, installation & management.
- Installation, configuration of Jboss Operations Network 2.3 server with postgresql 8.3 database.
- Install, configure the postgresql 8.3 for the Jboss on network server.
- Install, configure Jboss 4.2GA. Configure secure Jboss clusters on the Dev/Test/Production servers.
- Deploy the customized Sun Identity Manager (IDM) application for various user domains on Jboss 4.2 clusters on the Development/Test/Production servers as part of IDM migration project.
- Installation of mySQL clusters / replicated servers for IDM on Red hat Linux (5.2/5.3/5.4).
- Administration of Solaris, Mysql, nessus, SUN Java Enterprise software, Web logic, JBoss Application server, Postgresql, Oracle etc. on various hardware SUN or Red hat platforms & AIX.
- Installation, configuration of Web logic & deploying of various IDM (dev/qa/prod) bundles.
- Installation of Solaris 10 & 9, Server system administration, server security hardening & maintenance of SUN servers.
- Installation of Red hat Enterprise Linux (versions 5.2, 5.3 & 5.4) & system administration, server security hardening & maintenance of Solaris servers on VMware Vsphere (ESX 3.5, ESX4.x) Virtual machines.
- Install Solaris on Sun fire X4540, configure the 48T of disk as iSCSI targets for VMware Vsphere virtual machine data-stores.
- Migration of Solaris and RHEL based application servers, web servers and database servers over to Vmware virtual hosts. Migration of LDAP (Solaris based Sun Directory server) to RHEL based Vmware servers.
- Installation, configuration, migration of Solaris 10 zones & ZFS for various requirements, set up of jumpstart servers. Co-ordinate the system support with SUN micro systems. Inc.
- Installation, configuration, administration & management of Oracle/Mysql on Solaris 10 zone/ RHEL platforms.
- Installation, configuration/ upgrade of Legato clients for sever backup, monitoring backups & manage restores.