To obtain a Systems Administrator/Engineer position, where relevant work experiences will be utilized and advance.COMPUTER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012 R2, 2008/R2, 2003, Windows 7, XP, VMware ESXi 4/5,
Application: McAfee, Symantec backup exec, WSUS, WDS, Educator, Gold Disk, Active Client
Hardware: HP Proliant, ILO, Broadcom, Dell PowerEdge, Dell Blade Servers, iDRAC, Chassis M1000e
Systems Administrator, Employer: Confidential, Chantilly, VA,
Job location: Alexandria, VA
- Coordinating and working with various teams to provide exceptional technical support to technical and non - technical Users commission wide. Completing small projects relating to Active Directory migration such as installing, upgrading and transferring Active Directory FSMO roles. Maintaining Active Directory objects, roles and services such as GPO and DNS.
- Installing, configuring and managing Windows Servers 2008 R2, Exchange Server 2010/2003, SQL Servers 2008 cluster application and services, IIS, SharePoint 2010 on HP and VMware ESXi host.
- Monitoring Sever systems alerts on various issues such as performance, security, site replication, and follow through with running diagnostics to find root causes and solutions accordingly.
- Performing systems disaster recovery procedures and Symantec backup for backup solution.
- Managing, maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting Exchange Server 2010 DAG issues, mailboxes, groups, and policies, etc.
- Utilizing vSphere 5.x/4x and vCenter to provisioning Virtual Machines, and maintaining Windows Servers on VMware virtual machines and ESXi 4.1/5x hosts in clustered HA and DRS environment.
- Using SharePoint Central Administration to manage users, and groups for websites and services.
- VERITAS Storage Foundation and NetApp have been used for managing storage needs.
- Using ITSM incident ticketing system to keep track of users’ requests and resolved accordingly.
IT Specialist (Systems Administrator/Windows Administrator)
Employer: Confidential, Quantico, VA
- Appling strategic planning to build a network infrastructure for Marine Corp Base Retail sites.
- Researching, evaluating, implementing and maintaining technical vendors’ solutions, and systems compatibilities. (Microsoft, NetApp, and Dell).
- Creating and configuring Virtual machines, ESX 4.x host in clustered environment for multiple sites.
- Responsible for building and configuring Microsoft Servers 2008, SQL Server 2005/2008, IIS 6/7, and Domain Controllers on Blade Servers for POS systems.
- Planning, designing, and implementing Active Directory structure such as User account policies, security policies, GPO, OUs, and Sites. Configured and troubleshoot Active Directory components, and Services, DNS, DHCP, and RAID technologies.
- Assisted installing and configuring NetApp and NAS/SAN for data storage, and disaster Recovery..
- Installing various software on Server including Active Client for Smart Card PKI user authentication.
Systems Engineer/Subcontractor/Temp, Employer: Confidential, CA
Job location: USPS Engineering, Merrifield, VA
- Installing, updating and maintaining the IV&V lab Server 2003, XP and NT for POS Systems.
- Performing Systems updates including virus patterns, MS Security and maintenance patches.
- Performing Symantec Ghost image and data redundancy testing and troubleshooting network connectivity. Analyzed and monitored system performances, produce analysis reports and follow issues through resolution. Managed and maintained Active Directory Objects.
Systems Administrator/Computer Specialist,
Employer: Confidential, Bethesda, MD
My experience at Confidential:
- Managing and maintaining systems such as Server 2003, Exchange server 2003 and Blackboard.
- Using Active directory Snap-in(s) created and managed Active Directory objects.
- Creating shared folders and assigned appropriate access permissions to Users.
- Setting LAN with hub, switches and routers in classrooms and computer labs for summer projects.
- Performing disaster recovery of systems, and using Backup Exec for backup and restore.
- Appling user and administrative level maintenance on Barracuda Spam and Anti-Virus firewall.
- Monitoring antivirus definition files for updates and system scans accordingly.
- Training students, Faculty and staff on new and existing software and hardware equipment.
Technical Support Specialist (contractor), Employer: Confidential, DC, Job location: Washington, DC
- Providing technical support to client-site employees in Human Capital Leadership and Merit System Accountability departments. Assisted on-site and remote users to resolve computer-related problems, such as inoperative hardware or software.
- Assigning and coordinating work projects, such as converting to new hardware or software; made recommendations for improvement in computer system.
- Reviewing completed projects or computer programs to ensure that goals are met and that programs are compatible with other programs already in use.
- Providing recommended training courses to the current and newly hired employees on their daily job functional Applications, Operating System, Imaging and printing (Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and HP and Canon printer scanning systems and VoIP).
Broadband Internet Services Consultant (Subcontractor)
Employer: Confidential, GA, Job location: Northern Virginia, VA
- Setting up Broadband Internet Modem to client sites, and created small router based LAN.
- Running diagnoses on clients' network connectivity and solve PC issues; demonstrated Comcast high-speed Internet Services on retail kiosk. Providing help to customers with sign-up to Comcast.