Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) / Director of Information Technology
- As the company’s Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) responsible for writing and developing System Security Plans (SSPs) to include the implementation of network system security policies and procedures for the Certification & Accreditation (C&A) of classified systems in accordance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) chapter 8, DIACAP, and the Director Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/3 - ICD 503.
- Designed, configured, and certified highly classified systems located in Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) in accordance with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and NIST SP 800-53. Implement enhanced security requirements for servers and CISCO IOS equipment including routers, firewalls, IPS, and switches. Configured and managed network Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) utilizing SPLUNK and increased server efficiency utilizing VMware.
- Conducted risk management of systems leading security vulnerability scans on systems using Retina, Tenable’s Security Center, and Nessus vulnerability scanners. Implemented and maintained reporting requirements via DISA’s Vulnerability Management System (VMS) and updating our Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) to keep track and mitigate any unresolved risks to the systems.
- Managed and oversees projects, initiatives, and daily operations of information systems for the company headquarters and multiple client sites.
- Analyze and research latest technology trends to ensure information systems and security are effectively executing the company’s strategic business plan and client site objectives.
- Maintained IT budget and planning to include lifecycle management of information systems and other communications systems such as financial, VOIP, and VTC systems.
- Completed extensive client stakeholder interviews and provided Information Assurance subject matter expertise while part of a team developing an Enterprise Architecture (EA) roadmap for large government agency.
- Developed training curriculum for IT systems and was recognized by our DoD client as the primary presenter for training on operations center workflow, IT systems operation, and database management and operation.
Confidential - Strategic Systems Programs
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) / Communications Officer
- Implemented and secured the Defense Messaging Systems (DMS) for all incoming and outgoing naval message traffic for the Director of Strategic Systems Programs and nine subordinate commands throughout the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Managed nine commands information assurance as the ISSO. Directed the implementation of security and managed C&A processes in accordance with DoD Information Technology Security Certification Accreditation Process (DITSCAP) on multiple DMS systems.
- Communication Security (COMSEC) Material System (CMS) manager for echelon II command responsible for inspecting and evaluating subordinate commands CMS accounts and general communication policies and procedures.
- Managed all of the commands Top Secret material as the Top Secret Control Officer. Conducted training and implemented procedures as the commands Operational Security (OPSEC) officer. Annually audited and reviewed SSP’s OPSEC plans and procedures as well as eight other subordinate commands as part of the commands Inspector General (IG) team.
Confidential - USS West Virginia
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) / Leading Chief Petty Officer Electronics Technician
- Managed Information Assurance (IA) and DITSCAP C&A lifecycle process for the ship’s classified information system as the commands ISSO.
- Managed a division of 12 electronic technicians as the Leading Chief Petty Officer (LCPO) for the communications division during an extensive refurbishment period and patrol cycle.
- Electronic Key Material System (EKMS) manager for COMSEC Material System (CMS) maintaining and controlling keying material for cryptographic equipment for the commands communications suite.
- Ship’s senior duty section leader in charge of scheduling and managing over 25 duty section personnel.
- Provided direct feedback and recommendations as the lead evaluator and trainer of the Trident Integrated Radio Room Communications team trainer for all of the Atlantic Fleet Trident Radiomen. Conducted over 100 week long training sessions for over 1000 personnel while assigned to the training facility.
- Developed curricula, training materials, goals and objectives, lesson plans as the lead trainer for the COMSEC Material System (CMS) course.
- Duty section leader in charge of scheduling and managing over 35 duty section personnel.
Confidential - Various Commands
Radioman/Electronic Technician and Student
- Operating and maintenance of the TRIDENT Integrated Radio Room (IRR) including satellite and RF communications, electronic repair, and computer maintenance.