- System Administrator with around 8 years of experience in Administration and Development of Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Orcale EL, Centos, HP - UX and Solaris servers.
- Experience in installing, configuring and administrating Red Hat Linux AS 3.0 /4.0/5.x/6.x & SUN Solaris 8, 9 and 10, OEL, Suse Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10.x, HP-UX 11.00, 11i,AIX 6,7, Windows NT, 2000 and 2003.
- Installed and Configured Solaris by using Jumpstart and Linux by using Kickstart.
- Experience with patching of Linux and Solaris servers and hardening of servers using native and third party tools.
- Disk and File system management through Logical Volume Manager (LVM) on HP-UX, LINUX and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) on Solaris.
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet), NIS, DNS, NFS, DHCP, SMTP and RAID.
- Knowledge of Routers and Switches, Subnet, VLAN, TCP/IP, VPN, OSI model, Firewall (checkpoint),
- Created and Managed File Systems (CFS) for Oracle & Sybase data bases.
- Experienced with the installation and configuration on Apache 2.x, 1.3.x, 1.2, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss4.0.x, 5.x, Web Servers, WebLogic 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x servers and LDAP servers.
- Configured DNS, LDAP, I-planet, Apache HTTP servers.
- Implemented and Enhanced the Existing Scripts which are developed in Confidential, Perl, and SQL.
- Experience in running SQL running queries and also performing online, offline and cold backups for Orcale and MySQL.
- Experience in SAN migrations from EMC DMX to VMAX at host level using HPUX, Linux and VERITAS LVM.
- Expertise in Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using Veritas Volume manager 3.5/, 4.1. File system Tuning and growing using Veritas File System (VxFS) , planed, documented and supported high availability, fail-over, fall-back Solutions using Veritas Cluster Server 4.0, 5.0 in SAN environment.
- Worked with Backup Team to Configure the Master and Client Backup servers Using VERITAS Net Back up 4.5/5.0.
- Migrating, Configuring and installing zone and ldom.
- Worked on Autoscaling, CloudWatch(monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk(app deployments), Amazon S3(storage) and Amazon EBS(persistent disk storage).
- Experience working Amazon AWS Cloud services like EC2.
- Experience with private clouds such as VMware, OpenStack.
- Worked with VMware ESX servers, and Virtual Infrastructure client to create virtual guests
- Experience in migrating VMware ESX 3.5 to ESX 4.0&vSphere ESXi 4.1 to ESXi 5.0.
- Extensive experience in UNIX performance monitoring and kernel tuning and Load balancing to ensure stable performance.
- Software configuration management using Chef and Puppet.
- Expertise in System performance tuning, capacity planning and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Involved in installing Nagios montoring and Splunk services on Unix servers.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4,5,6, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3,SLES 8,9,10 & 11, Ubuntu 12/13, Windows NT /2000/2003.
Hardware: M5000, M8000, T5220, T5240 Sun E15K, E25K, Sun Fire 6800, Sun Fire 4900, Sun Fire 3800, Sun Fire 490, Sun Fire 280, v880, v890, Sun Enterprise Servers E6500, E4500, E3500, Work Group Servers E450, E420, E250, E220, Netra 1405, Netra X1, Ultra 80, 60, 30, 10, 5, 2, 1, Intel Servers, Extreme network and Cisco switches, Brocade Switches, A1000, A5200, 3510, 3511, D1000, Sun Store Edge T3, 9980, HP DL380 Gen7&8
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP.
WEB Technologies: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0
Programming Lang & Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, C, UNIX Confidential Scripting, Perl Scripting, HTML, Perl, VB.
Backup Management: Veritas Netbackup 4.x/5.x/6.x, Ufsdump, Ufsrestore, tar, cpio, dd, Tivoli, Symantec Netbackup 7.x
Third Party Software: VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Cluster Service (VCS), HP Service Guard, Sun Cluster, EMC Storage, RAID Technologies, SSL, Splunk. Puppet, chef, HPSAProtocols: TCP/IP, UDP RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET
Sr. Unix/Linux Administrator
- Configured iLO ip addresses and Installed Redhat Linux 6.4, 6.5 and Solaris 10 on HP x86 servers (C7000, DL360, DL380’s).
- Installed and maintained Redhat Kickstart environment.
- Used LVM on Linux to create volumes with layouts like RAID 1, 5, 10, 51.
- Used puppet and Chef automation tool for configuration management in different systems
- Experience in installing RPM packages.
- Installed and upgraded Veritas Volume Manager 6.0 and used Veritas Cluster Server to create environments for Weblogic, NFS and sendmail agents.
- Experience in Managing SAN disks like EMC and VMAX using EMC Powerpath.
- Installed EMC Powerpath and create Storage RAID groups, LUN’s and assigning them to the servers.
- Experience in Troubleshooting and performance tuning issues with applications like Oracle 10.x, 11.x JBoss 5.x, WebLogic 11.x, 12.x.
- Expericence in installing and deploying Apache, JBoss 5.x
- Experience with F5 load balancers to load balance and reverse proxy servers.
- Experience in Weblogic and WSIL deployments.
- Installed and configured VMware products including vCAC, vSphere, vCenter, vCloud.
- VMware ESX/ESXi 5.x installation, configuration and maintaince.
- Built ESXi servers and implemented complete integration with SAN for VMotion in VMware DRS and HA enabled.
- Experience in Virtualization Softwares ( Hyper-V, OpenStack etc.)
- Familiar with OpenStack concepts of user facing availability zones and administrator facing host aggregates.
- Experience in IaaS and PaaS in a hybrid cloud environment working with private and public cloud service providers, including Openstack.
- Implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Chef.
- Experience on AWS cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI like Redhat 5.x, 6.x, Ubuntu 12.x, 13.x.
- Involved in maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, DynamoDB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
Confidential (Supported Financial and Retails Client )
Sr. Linux/Unix Administrator
- Installing and upgrading Redhat Linux on HP x86 and Itanium Servers and Solaris on Sun SPARC, HP DL 380 G 4, 5, 6 and 7 & Dell Power Edge servers.
- Installing and maintaining Solaris Jumpstart environment and Redhat Kickstart environment.
- Creating sparse root and whole root zones and administered the zones for Web, Application and Database servers and worked on SMF on Solaris 10.
- Used HP Service center and Remedy change management system for ticketing.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning issues with applications like Oracle 10g, JBoss 4.x, WebLogic 10, MQSeries 6.x and the operating systems which included Solaris and RHEL.
- Worked on the administration of the Apache, JBoss 4.2.2 servers including installation and deployments.
- Experience in building customized RPM packages.
- Worked on F5 load balancers to load balance and reverse proxy WebLogic Servers.
- Confidential scripting to automate the regular tasks like removing core files, taking backups of important files, file transfers among servers.
- Used Sun Volume Manager for Solaris and LVM on Linux to create volumes with layouts like RAID 1, 5, 10, 51.
- Performed performance analysis using tools like prstat, mpstat, iostat, sar, vmstat, truss, Dtrace.
- Experience in NAS environment carrying Netapp filers and EMC Celerras.
- Experience managing SAN disks like EMC Clarions and VMAX using EMC Power path and Volume management software.
- Experience working with GIT and LDAP.
- Worked with VERITAS Foundation Suite 5 and performed tasks like creating disk groups, volumes, initializing disks, replacing failed disks etc.
- Implemented HA using VERITAS Cluster Server 5.0 for Apache gent and Ldom.
- Installed, configured and administrated a multiple number of virtualization environments which includes LDOM, Zone and Hardware Domain etc.
- Implemented and administered VMware ESX 3.5, 4.x for running the Windows, Redhat Linux Servers on development and test servers.
- Installed and upgraded VMware vSphere ESXi 5.0/4.1/4.0 and ESX server 4.1/4/3.5.
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Infrastructure.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Redhat 4.x, 5.x, Ubuntu 12.x and AIX 6, 7, HP-UX 11.x on various hardware platforms on Amazon AWS cloud services.
- Worked on AWS service to create, launch, configure EC2 instance, worked on S3, RDS, VPC, autoscaling, SES, SQS, Route 53, SNS to build given architectures.
- Used puppet automation tool for configuration management.
- Worked on patch management tools like Yum, Repository and RHEL Satellite server and Sun Update Manager for Solaris servers.
- Implemented the monitoring tools like Nagios 3.0 to monitor services like CPU, Hard Drive, Memory, Users, http, ssh etc.
- Experience Installing and configuring Splunk to gather stats on the servers.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. Linux/Unix Administrator
- Installation of Solaris 8, 9 based servers with Jumpstart and redhat Linux EL 4.x based servers using Kickstart in development, test and production environments.
- Performed project coordination function for evaluation, installation, monitoring, and maintenance of server software on variety of hardware platforms.
- Installed/ upgraded patches, firmware (OBP), and security (Kernel) patches for all applications in installed infrastructure.
- Responsible for user administration and management using SUDO and RBAC
- Built new systems for Production and migrated from Solaris 8 to 9.
- Maintained Volumes and File systems using VxVM / VxFS for Oracle, DB2, MySQL databases.
- Used VxVM to add disk, create new disk groups/volumes, resize, deport and import disk groups between servers.
- Experience with running SQL queries on Oracle and MySQL.
- Upgraded over 35 servers with VERITAS Volume Manager from 3.x to 4.0.
- Used VERITAS Cluster Server 4.1 to create high available environments for NFS, WebLogic and Sendmail agents.
- Experience with SAN Arrays like create Storage RAID groups and LUN’s and assigning them to the servers.
- Performed systems monitoring, upgrades, performance tuning and backup and recovery.
- Implementation of naming services like DNS with Bind 8.4.x and NIS.
- Upgraded VMware ESX 3.5 infrastructure to VMware vSphere 4.1 and VMware vCenter 4.1.
- Administered VMware environment, evaluated and implemented new hardware and software
- Took active part in troubleshooting VMwarevCenter and ESXissues and also in system hardware failures.
- Provided 24x7 on-call / Remote Support for UNIX Production Problems on weekly rotation basis.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day server related issues and problems.
Environment: Solaris 8,9, redhat Linux AS 2.1, 3, v245, E220, 420, 280R, v480, 490, 880, 890, 250, Netra T1/ X1, HP OV, TSM, VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/ 4.x, Guardium, Best1, BindView, SysEdge, Tripwire, ITA, NIS, NFS, DNS, DAS/SAN/NAS, WebLogic, Webmethod, Apache, Perl.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Linux / Solaris Systems Administrator
- Installing, configuring and updating Solaris 7, 8, Red Hat 7.x, 8, 9, Windows NT/2000 Systems using media and Jumpstart and Kickstart.
- Creating and Authenticating Windows user accounts on Citrix server.
- Creating System Disk Partition, mirroring root disk drive, configuring device groups in UNIX and Linux environment.
- Working with VERITAS Volume Manager 3.5 and Logical Volume Manager for file system management, data backup and recovery.
- Experience working with SVN and GIT and LDAP.
- User administration which included creating backup account for new users and deleting account for the retired or deleted users.
- Implementing backup solution using Dell T120 autoloader and CA Arc Serve 7.0
- Managing Tape Drives and recycling it after specific period of time as per the firms policies.
- Working with DBA’s for writing Scripts to take database backup and scheduling backup using cron jobs.
- Creating UNIX and PERL scripts for automated data backup, status of the storage.
- Installing and configuring Oracle 8i database server on Solaris after creating the file systems, users and tuning the kernel.
- Installed and Configured SSH Gate for Remote and Secured Connection.
- Setting up labs from scratch, testing hardware, installing and configuring various hardware devices like printers, scanners, modems, network and communication devices.
- Configuration of DHCP, DNS, NFS and automounter.
- Creating, troubleshooting and mounting NFS File systems on different OS platforms.
- Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting various software’s like Windd, Citrix - Clarify, Rave, VPN, SSH Gate, Visio 2000, Star Application, Lotus Notes, Mail clients, Business Objects, Oracle, Microsoft Project.
- Troubleshooting and solving problems related to users, applications, hardware etc.
- Working 24/7 on call for application and system support.
Environment: Solaris 7, 8, redhat Linux 7.x, 8, 9, Windows 2000/NT, VERITAS Volume Manager 3.5, Oracle 8i, SSH Gate, Cisco router, Brocade switches, DHCP, DNS, NFS, Automounter, Sun E4500, E3500, 280r, E220.
Junior UNIX Administrator
- Worked on redhat 4.x and performed daily tasks using CRON scheduler and automated it.
- Daily tasks such as taking data backups, cleaning junk content and updating software.
- Configured Raid with the help of lead and created a LUN and Logical volumes from that.
- Used Debian distribution of Linux called Ubuntu in my personal computer and used python 2.3.
- Performed comprehensive security audit, including software vendor patches, network filtering.
- Quickly resolve all IP network issues to reduce waste and downtime while also ensuring client Service Level Agreements.
- Maintained a redhat Linux file server, which used samba to serve files to mostly windows 2000.
- Creating data volumes, file systems, mount points with the help of Confidential scripting.
- Responsible for maintaining and configuring NFS, DNS, DHCP and iSCSI servers.
- Creating application and database file systems using volume managers like LVM and VERITAS.
- Addition of application and database support to users and assigning sudo permissions.
- Testing and configuring Network connectivity for the servers using Netstat, lanscan, linkloop.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install and upgrade software and hardware on Unix/Linux based systems.
- Provided network sharing via UFS and NFS file systems.
- Creating, troubleshooting and mounting NFS File systems on different OS platforms.