- Operating Systems (Installing, supporting and using): Windows 2000 - Windows 8
- Software (Installing, supporting and using): SQL 2012, 2008, 2005 and 2000. MS Office 2010,2007,XP, 2000 some Office 365, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2000/2003/5.5 Enterprise, Citrix Metaframe 4.6.
- Hardware (Installing, setup and support): Printers, Scanners, Hard disk drives, Monitors, Network Interface Cards.
- Networks (Access, printing and connectivity): Microsoft 2008/2000/2003 , Intranet, and Internet.
- Experienced in Customer service and consulting.
Confidential Lenexa, KS
Sr. Database Architect -
- Work closely with IT and the user community across the full report development life cycle. Day to day responsibilities include management of internal database development and maintenance.
- Design & create SQL reports using query tools as required. Main systems used are Crystal reports, Microstrategy and Celerant data mining.
- Automate existing queries and spreadsheet reports utilizing reporting and query tools.
- Other query and reporting tasks as determined by senior management in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role.
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
Area IT Manager
- Manage a team of six IT Professionals
- Utilizing business process, plans, evaluate and managed the execution of assigned projects
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff
- Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies, procedures and best practices
- Identify and review opportunities and implement recommendations for improvement to mitigate risk and optimize technology
- Prepare formal project plans maintaining an awareness and an updated status of projects that fall within the span of responsibility
- Manage Asset Leases for Servers and Workstations
- Coordination with multiple vendors
- I held regular staff meetings three times a week to document progress of day to day tasks as well as long and short term projects
- I handle the IT Budget reports every year for the Midwest region
- Developed an internal Assets inventory Website/Database to better manage our Hardware replacements and orders
Lead Network Administrator
- Managed network for the Midwest Region consisting of 7 remote sites and main site in Leawood, KS
- Installed/Configured/Supported Cisco hardware including Core Switches, Edge Switches, interconnecting devices with both Fiber and Copper media
- Architected several offices including the Leawood LAN and WAN, and several of our regional offices
- Installed/Configured/Supported VMWare VDI network
- Monitored network nodes for all of CBIZ with SolarWinds
- Installed, configured and maintained multiple versions of IIS
- Managed a team of 6 IT Techs supporting over 2500 users
- Installed, configured and managed Cisco Routers
- Installed, configured and managed Cisco Switches
- Standardized configuration of Routers across the network
- Standardized configuration of Switches across the network
- Installed, configured VoIP system for our St. Louis Office
- Configured multiple VLANs for the Leawood, KS office
- Setup SolarWinds Monitoring for entire network
- Installed, configured our SAN environment
- Manage several Microsoft Clusters, FP and SQL
- Standardized the build of all servers
- Standardized the build of all PCs using Ghost Cast
- Standardized and consolidated our Backup Exec Servers
Lead Database Administrator
- Installed, configured and managed Microsoft SQL server 7.0, 2000,2005 and 2008
- Currently working on learning SQL 2012
- Responsibilities included being sole SQL Server DBA (Server configurations, backup and recovery, maintenance plans, performance optimizations, security, job definition and scheduling, creation of DTS packages, creating some stored procedures)
- Installed, configured and maintained 3 different SQL Clusters
- Setup several IIS to SQL split server applications
- Installed, configured and maintained SQL 2000 Reporting Services
- Currently reviewing SQL 2008 Reporting Services
- Currently reviewing SQL 2008 Integration Services
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trouble shoot SQL Errors
- Used Quest Spotlight on SQL for optimizing and troubleshooting SQL Errors
- Installed and maintained SQL Server Analysis Services for our iVantage system
- Setup jobs to process the OLAP cubes on a daily basis
- Standardized all our SQL servers (Installation, location of Data and Log Files, RAID Configurations)
- Currently working on the migration plan to move our servers to SQL 2008
- Installed, configured and managed Microsoft SQL server in a SAN environment
- Standardized optimizations for our SQL servers (Configuration of maintenance plans)
- Helped to consolidate the Time and Billing System by converting other MS Access databases into Citrix. Then started the consolidation to one site.
- Converted Novell Network to NT 4.0
- Converted Time and Billing from FoxPro DB to SQL Server
- Managed small network of 250 users across two sites
- Helped to merge two offices from the Plaza and Crown Center to our central location in Leawood
- Help Desk Support for 10th Marine Regiment
- Network Support (running Ethernet and Fiber connections)
- Converted Banyan Vines network to NT 4.0
- Installed and configured Windows NT 4.0 servers and Exchange