- Having 8 years of IT experience in managing UNIX (RHEL,SLES, IBM - AIX,and HPUX) infrastructure from small to enterprise level environments.
- Having 3+ years of managing VMware Vsphere 5.x.
- Having 1 year experience with IT automation tool - Puppet
- VMware certified professional (VCP), IBM AIX Certified, HP Certified System Engineer (High availability + HP Partitioning),HP Data Protector Certified
- ITIL V3 certified. Strict adherence to process management guidelines and procedures.
- Having responsibility to support all UNIX and vmware system problems 24*7and resolving them ontimely basis.
- Having good experience on Logical Volume management (LVM) in RHEL,AIX and HPUX environments
- Strong knowledge on virtualization concepts and implementation techniques on various platforms - RHEL,IBM,Vmware,HP
- Configured mission critical servers using various cluster products - MC/Service guard, Veritas Cluster Server, IBM PowerHA/HACMP, and VMware-HA.
- Automation of daily tasks including file removal, log rotation, performance collections, disk space utilization using shell scripting (bash, ksh).
- Created scripts for pre-check and post-check tasks for storage (EMC/Hitachi) and host based migrations
- Worked in data center consolidation projects and performed various P2V / V2V migrations
Operating Systems: Red Hat-5.x-6.x, SLES-10.x-11.x, AIX-5.x-6.x, VMWARE ESXi 5.x,IBM VIO-1.x,2.x,HP-UX-10.x,11.x
Hardware: HP Proliant, Confidential poweredge, IBM Power Series - P5 (510,520,550,570,595) /P6 (550,595), /P7 (775,795) and RS6000 series, HP PA RISC and Itanium - RP,RX,Superdome, HCL Globalline, HMC
Languages & Scripts: Bash, Ksh.
Networks: NIS, NFS & DNS.
Cluster software: MC/Service Guard, Veritas Cluster server, IBM PowerHA/HACMP
Web & App servers: Apache 1.x, 2.x
Other Softwares: EMC Power path, Hitachi HDLM, VIO, Netbackup, Data Protector, HP-OVPM, LPAR2RRD,Oracle RAC, IBM TADDM.
Monitoring Tools: HP Openview, BMC Patrol,Puppet, Remedy, HP-ITSM
Ticketing Tools: Mainframe RUMBA, Remedy, HP-ITSM
Confidential, California, USA
- Installation, configuration and provide support to Unix (linux,aix,hpux)and vmware servers in enterprise environment
- Installation of RHEL servers using iso images and customization through kickstart utility
- Disk management (using lvm). This includes PV/VG/LV/FS creation, deletion, resizing. LV migrations, mirroring, striping. PV moves on storage migration activities
- Periodic patching of linux servers using yum
- Network configuration on linux servers (ip and alias configuration, bonding, static routes, speed and gateway settings)
- User and group management in Unix servers.Package management using RPM, installp and swinstall.
- Configured Various NFS servers and NFS clients. And also involved in NIS team and configured NIS Master Server and Slave server in Linux Environment
- Perform performance analysis and provided inputs for server consolidation projects
- Securing servers using iptables. Have adequate experience in security hardening and maintain security standards as per customer guidelines and provide support to external and internal audits. (SOX etc...)
- Snapshot management of linux servers on VMware and restoration of snapshots in DR test scenario
- VMware esxi 5.x, vcenter server installation
- Setting up vmotion, vsphereHA test and validate them.
- Resource allocations and modifications in VM instances. DLPAR on IBM servers.
- Vmware network configuration - vswitch, port groups, nic teaming and load balancing, vm ports.
- Managing Users, Groups, Roles and Access Permissions in UNIX and Vmware servers
- Lead VM client upgrades across the globe involving 700+ VMware clients
- Puppet agent installations and signing with puppet master.Pushing the configurations to agents.Exposure to Puppet forge modules
- Installation of AIX servers and TL upgrades using NIM and alternate disk method
- Design and implement DR solutions across data centers. Lead DR test activities and ensure the success rate is 100%
- Configured clusters across data centers with IBM PowerHA and EMC SRDF product. LPMimplementation and testing. Worked on creating DG, CG using SYMCLI.
- Implemented several virtualization projects using IBM - APV.
- Vendor co-ordination for fixing system bugs and hardware issues
- Provide guidance to team for handling high severity incidents and escalation support to UNIX environment
Confidential, Palo Alto, California
Lead System Admin
- Perform server installation and support projects that include RHEL/AIX/HPUX and Vmware servers
- Automate and customize RHEL server installations using kickstart method and NIM
- Disk and network management in linux/aix/hpux servers. Configure mirroring, striping.Configurenetwork bonding in RHEL, Etherchannel in AIX, Port aggregation in HPUX for better performance and redundancy.
- Implemented veritas cluster server across the entire unix estate. Educated team members and prepared necessary implementation documents.
- RHEL / Suse server installations in a vmware environment using templates
- Customization of linux server installations by making clones and templates. Creation of VM’s with adequate hardware resources as per project requirements.
- Storage migrations involving SAN (EMC Symmetrix to Hitachi, HP to EMC array) and NAS migrations on RHEL/AIX/HPUX servers. Created various scripts for pre and post validations.
- Performance tuning of UNIX servers as per standards
- Rollout several server decommission projects - SAN & IP reclaim, License reclaim, OS and VM instance deletion, server de-rack. Carried out all the tasks through business approved change controls
- Backup and monitoring agent configurations on RHEL/AIX/HPUX servers
- Periodic patching of RHEL/AIX/HPUX systems as per client roadmaps
- Plan and implement IBM frame migration projects. Moving IBM Lpars from P5 to P6/P7 using SAN swing method/mksysb
- Design and implement highly available clusters using hacmp/vcs/mcsg that provides resiliency for the critical applications
- Perform HACMP upgrades (5.2 to 5.4). Support cluster nodes and perform RG failover/fallback/customized script testing
- Migration of AIX systems from 5.x to 6.x using alternate disk method using virtual optical media
- VIO installation, configuration and management with SEA/NIB/NPIV technology. Performed dual vio upgrades with zero downtime
- Performed detailed architecture study of IBM frames and moved around 1000+ disks onto high capacity disks. This involved in adding them to a volume group, move the PV’s, reclaim the original storage disks
- Implemented a project of SEA configuration in dual VIO servers for a huge environment that resulted in considerable cost savings to client
- Develop scripts using shell that automate daily tasks. Send mail notifications for customized script errors and outputs.
- Lead DR test activities including OS restoration on different hardware located in DR site, configure as per the production system and till the level of customer testing
- Resource management (CPU/Memory) using DLPAR
- Involved in implementation of Sun one Directory server (LDAP) client across entire UNIX estate. This project eases the management of users centrally instead of managing them locally
- Responsible for quality of deliverables with respect to the technical aspects and provide quality root cause analysis
- Strictly follow ITIL standards so as to meet the defined SLA’s in all areas of IT management - Incident, Change, Problem, Configuration
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Involved in new server builds ( RHEL/HPUX/AIX ) and configuration of backup clients
- Developed and tested migration tasks for upgrading the software levels of server
- Part of capacity management group and involved in capacity analysis
- System performance monitoring and tuning of UNIX servers
- Created and configured more than 300 HP internal servers using HP Data Protector 5.1
- Handled critical restoration request independently within specified SLA’s and ensured service is restored
- Defined policy configuration methods that involve integrating with specific backup agent like oracle, SAP
- Involved in backup infrastructure design phase that involves moving local backups to a centralized server
- Implemented alerting at various phases and performed full functionality tests
- Integration of alerts onto incident management tool Remedy
Confidential, Santa Clara, California
- Installation, configuration and migration of HPUX and Windows based servers
- As a data center engineer managed around 50+ HP RISC and Windows servers
- Configured cluster using MC-Service guard on HPUX servers
- Troubleshoot cluster related and performance related issues.
- Configured load balancing (NLB) on windows based servers
- Created test procedures that checks the redundancy at server level
- Configured Citrix Meta frame servers and clients
- Written shell scripts for jobs like temporary file removal, resource statistics, script for exporting ORACLE user backup
- Disk assignment in oracle RAC environment using raw disks.
- Troubleshooting of Hardware, HP-UX related Problems
- Ignite backup and recovery
- Implemented RAS configuration in windows 2000 servers.
- Support of thin client projects using HCL products.