- 10 years of experience as a results oriented professional committed to service excellence and passionate about solving business problems with innovative enterprise solutions.
- Diverse environment experience including Fortune 100, global, multi - million/day transactions, 24x7, private, public, high tech, start-up, and consulting.
- Multi-faceted technical ability including enterprise architecture, engineering, multi-tiered implementation, concept to closure, and system optimization.
- Unique blend of business acumen and technical prowess provided by hands on experience, technical training, and educational background (MBA, BS - CIS, PMP*) to align IT with business drivers.
- Managerial experience in various levels of responsibility, effectively communicating with Sr. Management, business and technical constituents, garnering support across organizational boundaries.
- Value added techniques such as cost benefit, gap, and capabilities analysis, business case, and risk assessment.
- Datacenter Consolidation
- Project Management
- Cloud Computing
- Enterprise Architecture
- Cost Mgmt. | Capital Budgeting
- Vendor Management
Global Cloud Engineering | Architecture
- Commoditization - Responsible for the architecture of cloud technologies, implementation, and process creation to evolve the IT org into a stateless utility compute model. Accountable for capacity planning, technology evaluation, and vendor management. - 3yrs. & ongoing
- Optimization - Leading a cloud initiative to align the infrastructure with best practices to optimize and tune based on workload. Created the methodology and standards to ‘right-size’ applications to reclaim resources with an estimated Capex savings of $1.4M. - 1yr. & ongoing
- Data Center consolidation - Virtualization lead to consolidate disparate datacenters into global positioned DCs, leading top-down onshore/offshore constituents, and physical to virtual conversion. - 3 yrs. & ongoing
- Process Improvement - Developed and streamlined process for requesting new and changes to compute. Defined standards for compute assessment, capacity, and KPIs for monitoring.
- Leadership - Managed onshore and off-shore resources as large as 50+ to deliver various activities, provide mentorship, and participate in hiring process.
- vSphere 5 Strategy - Developed a vSphere migration strategy and roadmap to implement key cloud components to provide self-service, agility, automation, orchestration, to achieve an elastic IaaS model.
Sr. Systems Engineering | Project Mgmt.
- Enterprise Project Delivery - Led a cross-functional team to implement a $4.9M cloud initiative to reduce Capex/Opex, improve time to market, and SLAs. Garnered support from the steering committee and technology departments by providing a roadmap using VMware, IBM Blade Center, and EMC CLARiiON tiered storage for mission and business critical applications. Capital budgeting, vendor management, achieved a conservative consolidation ratio of 10:1, identified cost saving of $3.4M over 3 years. – 2 yrs. - ongoing
- Re-use Case – Project manager for the re-launch of a mission critical enterprise anti-spam solution and rollout to 60+ branch offices. Created business case and acquired support from Sr. management to reuse an existing infrastructure to improve the company's security profile while saving on capex, opex, and exceeding delivery time by 60%. – 10 months
- IT Leadership – Brought into initiative 25% underway to revise the strategy to fulfill the #1 IT priority addressing End-Of-Life Wintel servers. Worked jointly with management and guided a cross-functional team of 14 to migrate 30+ mission critical systems (E-commerce, Backup, Unified Messaging, Web, Telecom, etc.). Managed each application through SDLC, identified areas of risk, and delivered on time and within a $2.6M budget. – 1.3 yrs.
- Risk Mitigation – Technical lead to ensure the data encryption of enterprise portable computing assets within a budget of $1.6M. Main contributor to requirements, system specifications, work break down structure, budget, co-author of project plan, coordinate user acceptance testing, and facilitate issue resolution. 1.8 yrs.
- Integration & Relationship Mgmt. – Acted I.S. liaison for the integration of an Offshore Applications Development organization. Responsible for integrating the offshore company into internal systems and defining process and standards for future integration. Project was delivered 15% ahead of schedule.
Sr. Systems Engineering | Project Mgmt.
- Solutions Architecture & Engineering – Responsible for architecting, upgrading, and implementing multi-tiered infrastructure. Infrastructure Solutions: Active Directory, VMware ESX, Clustered Exchange, Clustered SQL, Blackberry (BES), NetBackup, Citrix Metaframe PS, Altiris, Patch Mgmt., Infrastructure Monitoring, Anti-Virus, Cisco IP Mgmt., Group Policy, etc.
- Strategy – Provided strategy for a mobilized IT solution that enabled the company to provide onsite financial services to nationwide housing auctions. Aligned technology with business needs to deliver a mission critical solution that allowed the company to be the sole lender for the auction. Directed efforts for future auction events, managed logistics, and incorporated self-service registration kiosks that increased customer registration efficiency by 65%, and exceeded customer service expectations. – 2 yrs.
- IT Leadership – Appointed as an IT representative for an enterprise collaboration program designed to cultivate high performing leaders. Through a diverse business coursework, synergies were strengthened across departments, and passed on knowledge to mentor my associates. - 1 yr.
- Integration - Worked closely with Sr. management to integrate a commercial line of business and open several new satellite offices. Responsible for infrastructure design, vendor management, budget, user computing, and printing capabilities within a budget of $2.2M. Appointed as a liaison to business units at satellite offices to understand and anticipate needs, supervise implementations, and lead user training. – 3 years & ongoing
- Data Center Migration – Part of team to plan and perform migration of 100+ infrastructure and mission/business critical applications to co-location DC and new datacenter. Responsible for the datacenter design, layout, tactical execution, and standards definition for monitoring, and alerting. – 2.2 yrs.
Solutions Architecture | Project Mgmt.
- Contract Management – Created customer contracts, sought, and maintained business relationships and achieved a high retention for managed services contracts.
- Leadership – Lead a technical team to design and implement a small business network, system infrastructure, and user computing environment for a consumer electronics company.
- Project Proposal – Selected to implement system infrastructure, endpoint security, and backup solutions for a growing geotechnical engineering firm, out of several proposals, based on strategy, best fit solution, and experience.
- Solutions Architecture – Implemented an ERP and CRM solution fit for purpose using MAS200 to streamline business processes.
- Integration – Managed efforts with an offshore Web Design/Development company to build a portal for a logistics firm and a corporate website for a medical device company.
- Systems Analysis – Conducted assessment of the City of Rialto computing environment and executed a technology refresh project to accommodate for upcoming application requirements and succeed the end-of-life hardware cycle. Procured hardware and software from vendors, coordinated a roll out schedule across departments and created a data migration plan.
- Project Management - Led a team to implement a technology center for the City of Rialto Senior Center, launched on time, within scope and budget. The successful project delivery provided recognition for the City of Rialto, strengthened relationships, and improved Knight Communication’s reputation.
- Problem Resolution –Managed IT-related patrol car equipment and handheld devices for the Baldwin Park Police Department, improving system uptime and increasing patrol officer productivity by providing technical training. Worked with software and hardware vendors to keep patrol car assets up to date for critical application.