Senior IT Professional Performance - focused leader credited with deriving solutions that drive out cost and provides quality improvement. Proven resource that can provide big-picture and functional-level solutions through outstanding technical leadership, in depth knowledge of financial processing, and vendor management.Notable Achievements
- Increased IT Effectiveness - Increased IT effectiveness for a client by developing a remote development center to increase IT velocity, and decrease costs. The team effectively provided both, and continues to support key client initiatives.
- Increased Quality and Performance - Improved software development quality for a client as shown by the dramatic reduction of problem tickets and production code stability. Improvements realized through the creation of a separate production support team, as well as the implementation of best practice processes, increased testing capabilities, and organization re-alignment. Implemented test automation tools and best practices to increase quality and reduce regression testing.
- Increased Cost Savings - Reduced IT costs for a client through the implementation of a creative team build out and development program that has reduced overall resource costs over $1M annually.
- Thought Leadership - Recognized as a leader regarding emerging technologies and how to better align IT services to create more business value. Lead engagements that assessed overall IT effectiveness for numerous clients. Also performed as lead assessor for a number of clients regarding the recommendation of technical and non-technical solutions including Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Testing Automation, and Financial Transaction Processing.
- IT Governance - Provide thought leadership regarding IT Governance issues such as Enterprise Architectures, Processes and Security. Lead engagements ranging from Project Management Office (PMO) implementations, to engagements surrounding security assessments and remediation initiatives.
- Partner and Vendor Management – Built relationships with vendors and other companies that help deliver or extend our delivery capabilities to our clients.
Systems Engineering Services
Privately held professional IT consulting firm that provides strategic and tactical services to fortune 500/1000 companies. SESC has offices in Denver CO., Washington D.C., and Atlanta GA. SES focuses on the financial processing, healthcare, and telecommunications industries.
- Developed and managing a software development organization consisting of 50+ resources covering the complete software development lifecycle, from program and project definition through production support.
- Provide expertise in the financial / credit card processing industry. Extensive experience in both issuing banks and merchant acquiring environments.
- Provide direction and assign priorities where necessary to ensure project success and resource utilization.
- Hands on project management and leadership supporting the follow through of the processes and methodologies to properly address and track issues, risks, and report on projects within the organization, supporting both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Responsible for the overall success and quality of the respective programs and projects.
- Technical skill sets supported include, but is not limited to J2E, .NET, the Oracle tech stack (DB, OBIEE, Exadata, ADF, SOA, IAM, etc.), DataStage, Informatica, Quality Center/QTP, and Selenium
- Provide C-level consultation to clients including fortune 500/1000 companies including Home Depot, WorldPay, Barclay, McKesson, Gambro, Level 3, and Qwest.
- Provide IT consultation and thought leadership including, but not limited to: credit card / financial processing, mobile solutions, software development practices, business intelligence and data warehousing, enterprise architecture, and test automation
- Provide organizational consultation services including, but not limited to, overall IT organization strategies and methodologies (waterfall and agile), project management, development management, testing management, and production support management.
- Provide consultation services regarding the IT support of regulations and standards such as PCI DSS.
- Developed and implemented Information Security Standards and Policies to support required standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Responsible for managing P/L for the respective client relationships, programs, and projects. Develop business cases and plans where necessary.
Information Systems Manager
- Responsible for managing the Requirements Analyst Group, ensuring processes and procedures are followed in order to support timely delivery of a quality product to our development group, testing group, and customers. Additionally responsible for overall team structure, resource management and forecasting support for all projects, reporting to executive and other management areas, and training and mentoring of staff.
- The group performed Business Analysis activities, becoming the point of contact between the business and the development community. Responsibilities also include process definition and improvement.
- Improved requirement quality. Instituted Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) for requirements management thereby formalizing a manual process to include baseline, traceability, and change control functionality.
- Knowledgeable of all functions and processes that reside within the business organization including customer service, fraud & risk, accounting & financial analysis, IT support, and sales.
- Participating member of the Information Systems management group. Managed activities regarding the definition of strategic and tactical activities, as well as the definition of processes within a rapid application software development environment.
- Participated in vendor product demo regarding portal, application server, and OLAP applications.
- Utilized UML to communicate system functionality and business process with the user community, functional and executive management, and Information Systems and Information Technology development staff.
Telecommunication Global Manager
- Consulted with leading telecommunication companies, including AT&T Broadband, WildBlue Communications, and Qwest.
- Lead and participated in product demos and customer presentations, built customer relationships, defined specific sales strategies, and was involved in other pre-sales activities.
- Created and managed the creation of detailed response documents including statements of work and project plans to various clients Request For Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Quotes (RFQs).
- Provided subject matter expertise and thought leadership in the telecommunication industry and expertise and best practices in Next Generation Operational Support Systems (NGOSS) solutions for Confidential ’s Denver office.
- Conducted extensive vendor evaluations of leading EAI middleware, OSS Billing, Provisioning, Service Management, Network Management, and Front End vendor applications.
- Performed the role of solution architect at Qwest Communications regarding the development of a SS7 network planning application.
- Managed and mentored a group consisting of 20+ software developers, DBAs, system engineers, and software testers regarding the requirements analysis, development, testing and production support of an IP Resource Management as well as production support and enhancements of Vitria, an off-the-shelf EAI solution.
- Responsible for development and production support a billing correlation system used within the IP and Hosting billing streams.
- Managed all activities in the group including costs and deliverables with an annual budget approximately $3.5M.
- Involved heavily with the strategic and architectural positioning of all three applications within the IT organization.
- Involved with providing vendor analysis of off-the-shelf software development tools including the BEA, Caliber, and Rational product suites.
- Developed, implemented and managed an internal software development process to support quality and timely deliverables.
- Managed vendors concerning outsource development resources, as well as third party applications.