Professional ability to complete highly technical requirements analysis, build and modify complex systems in a timely manner alone or as part of a team.
Confidential,Senior Software Engineer
Provide end - user technical support services as a contractor and Senior Software Engineer supporting the ACES program; including maintenance and enhancements of existing systems, requirement analysis and definition, design and creation of relational databases, used in the development of custom applications and enhancing existing ones. Responsible for the importing and processing of financial, educational and other data located in the GoArmyEd FTP portal. Writing custom procedures to allow the automation of manual tasks related to budgeting, personnel management, and the tracking of invoice and reimbursement data. Utilized multi-tier client/server architecture to design, create and deploy applications in multiple/platform environments. Provided analysis and definition of end-user requirements assessed and defined business logic and rules for presenting and updating data, managed multiple tables using a relational database management system. Wrote system, program and user documentation, provided end-user training for applications scheduled for production transfer. Created and presented system prototypes for management/end-user review and approval prior to full life cycle development of proposed N-Tier applications. Responsible for all project lifecycle phases, from specifications and coding through deployment, testing, debugging, documentation, and maintenance.
Experience includes but not limited to
- MS SQL/ ETL - Created archival system for USAF travel system data from a Progress RDBMS to MS SQL 2000/2005. This included prototyping, testing, extracting, and converting 10 plus years of data from 22 separate databases into a single MS SQL database. DTS and MS SQL scripting was used as part of this process
- Progress RDBMS/4GL - 17 + years (starting with ver 5)
- CMMI and PVCS
- Extensive additions to a COTS Military Travel Software package without benefit of source code. This included use of UI event triggers to add functionality to the product as well as a complete subsystem of reports and interfaces. This system was deployed and supported to Air Force Bases around the world.
- Conversion of CHui applications to GUI.
- Designed and programmed a user-friendly Quote system using an RDBMS system running under UNIX, Novell, and Windows. Vendor parts information was provided to the system by EDI links. The system provided the ability to select; vendors, parts, configurations, create, copy, and modify quotes.
- Re-engineering of Alternative Dispute Resolution Software for the Council of Better Business Bureaus. This system consisted of Real-Time Case Entry System, Creation of Time-Line subsystem, Reports, Inquiry, Direct Faxing from software, File Conversion, System Setup, Installation, and Data Base Administration of an RDBMS in UNIX, Novell, and Windows environment.
- Financial and Systems consulting for many companies. Creation and installation of custom designed Accounting, Budget and Management Information Systems. Systems included analysis, design and development using multiple RDBMS systems languages and office packages.
Confidential Alex., VA
Senior Programmer Analyst
Extensive development of a Payroll system which included Time Entry, Report and Inquiry, State and Local Tax Calculation, and W2 and other Magnetic Media Reporting.
Installation and implementation for a Fortune 1000 company. This effort required custom PR and GL programming, file conversion from mainframe based applications to SUN based Progress, and installation and setup of the database.
Extensive custom development for many customers across all accounting sub-systems.
Confidential, Arlington, Va
Accounting Director of Data Processing
Promoted to department head to establish systems and procedures for conversion of accounting system into a complete data processing entity, involving the introduction, training and assistance in the company's first use of PC's
Originally responsible for 100 limited partnerships and the establishment of an "in house" property management company including setup of rent rolls, ect. involving an in depth familiarity with all aspects of the Lotus 1 2 3 spreadsheet. Also fully responsible for booking sales, approving all reports to the private placement memorandum, and the timely issuance of quarterly statements and reports.
Confidential, Silver Springs, Md
Chief Financial Officer
- The reorganization and installation of computer system.
- General Business management.
Confidential . Vienna, Va
Responsibilities as regional controller during public offering ranged from filing monthly reports to the state SCC, to the development of a program for the tracking of listings, sales, closings, fee collection, and administration of advertising escrows and related reports.
Confidential Cheverly, Md
Assistant Regional Controller
As assistant regional controller supervised accounts in remote locations in the East and Mid West including analysis, reconciliation & review of all asset purchases, and preparation of financial & tax information.