Senior Systems and Network Administrator with broad expertise in Sun / Nokia firewall configurations, MS Windows servers, Sun and HP servers, large VAX, Alpha clusters, and I64 OpenVMS Clusters, SAN and Backup Systems. Contributed as group leader guiding project management, system management, performance tuning, and capacity planning for diverse client base spanning industry. Extensive experience in system security, system monitoring, disaster recovery, hardware configuration, Data Center Management, major system upgrades, user training, and contract and lease negotiations.
DEC VAX, DEC Alpha Systems, HP Itanium servers, SUN Microsystems, HP server, DELL, and IBM PCs, HP UX, SNA Gateway, Cisco Routers and Switches, SUN and Nokia Firewall, HP EVA, EMC Disk technology, EMC Symmetrix, EMC Clariion, MSL/VLS Tape Libraries, Brocade Switches, CI and LAVC, HSC, HSJ, HSG, Terminal Server.
HP - UX, Linux RH, UBUNTU, LinuxMint, OpenVMS, DCL, MS Windows, Sun/Oracle Solaris, DOS, TCP / IP, Checkpoint Firewall FW1, DNS, DHCP, RDB, Sybase, Oracle, RIM5 RBase, Pathworks Advanced Server for OpenVMS, UC4, HP Service Manager, Remedy, Cobal, Basic, Fortran, C, C++, AutoCAD, PowerShell, Marco scripts. BASH, NETSH, Volume Shadowing and RAID, MS Office, Citrix XenApp, MS Project, MS Access, Veritas Netbackup, VFS, LVM, Software Partners TapeSys, SLS, BMC Patrol, CA Performance Management for OpenVMS, SysGem Enterprise Manager, IBM 3270 and 2780 / 3780 Protocol Emulators
OpenVMS SME System Administrator
Confidential, Norristown, PA
- Understand the customer environment. Document OpenVMS, HP UX, HP VM, Windows 200*, EMC, VMWARE. Linux, Ubuntu and RH
- Capture the estate detail, server inventory, admin tasks, access, admin tools, job schedule.
- Preparation of SMTD documents
- Document the critical system activities and implementation Server FTP, AD, ACME server, Snaps, backups, Modem and VPN connectivity.
- Identify the technical and training requirements.
- Document and Transition the knowledge to team (offshore)
- Hand over the service operations to steady state/deliver team
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
- Troubleshooting application porting issues, conveying from Open VMS to Linux RH platform
- Converting OPENVMS logical names and directories to Linux mount points and folders.
- Utilize Traceroute, pings and NETSH diagnostics in testing connectivity
- Citrix Presentation Server XenApp, Logon Script Design, Published Resources, network failover design, and create testing methodology documents.
- Configure document for desktop ODBC for PeopleSoft, Crystal Reports
- Provided support for all hardware services technology issues and problems using the Remedy Ticket Management, and Hardware Services ticketing systems. Resolved issues and created documentation.
- Write support scripts in BASH, Powerterm Macro, and DCL.
- Tracked user account creation, changes, and performed password resets.
- Maintained user accounts including rights, permissions and systems groups operating establishing strong security standards.
- HPUX FS maintenance and SWInstall from Depot.
- Provide support for the SysGem Enterprise Manager configuration, abnormality notification and report generation.
- Assist with releasing vdev tdev from VMAX storage groups.
- Ensured that virtual and physical media libraries were fully documented and free pool space was maintained.
Senior Open VMS System Engineer, King of Prussia, PA
- Provided remote support of the HP UX and OpenVMS Operating System configuration, file systems, problem determination, administration tools, utilities, security, performance and hardware issues.
- Act as the replacement coordinator for vendor field service activities.
- Created network configuration change requests and submitted to the network team supporting migration activities. Defining and testing VIP and NAT PNAT connectivity on F5 load Balancers.
- Directory setup of user accounts, ran security reports
- Trouble shot FTP activity, and network connectivity between servers
- Participated in the planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and support of network connectivity using Big IP F5 load balancers.
- Conducted pre / post network configuration testing to ensure network connectivity.
- Support and configure the Sysgem monitoring utility on MS windows servers and OpenVMS.
- Collect all licenses, inventory, sort by location and server, scan, catalog and securely vault the hard copies.
- Assist in the setup of ODBC Administration on the desktop and listening Demons running on servers.
OpenVMS System Manager - Contractor, Canton, OH
- Oversaw planning, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery procedures for production servers.
- Designed and installed a consolidated backup system consisting of ES45 servers and MSL tape libraries utilizing Software Partners Inc. TapeSys, Juke Box, and Thruway products.
- Trained mid-level system administrators providing knowledge transfer on new installs and procedures.
- Manage project activities by contributing to the development of project plans, estimating work, task scheduling, cost/benefit analysis and progress reporting.
- Oversaw consolidation of server and network consoles that provided remote administrator access and Opcom logging.
OpenVMS Systems Manager - Contractor
Confidentia, Allentown, PA
- Installed, configured and maintained network share access to services provided by Advanced Server for VMS (Pathworks) and Windows Active Directory including planning for organizational unit (OU) structure and security group hierarchy used in the Health Care division.
- Design and write code to disseminate insurance report files inbound/outbound to streamline the FTP process flow.
- Alpha Systems’ Console World Wide ID Manager for Fibre Channel devices and VMS backup to migrate data to EMC Symmetrix storage.
- Assume leadership building a partnership with internal BU customers and collaborate with external HW/SW vendors.
- Provided continual improvement for the operation and support of the Mestamed application.
Senior System Administrator - Contractor
Confidential, Fort Washington, PA
- Replace hardware with spare and coordinate the replace of failed hardware with vendor field services.
- Setup and configuration of Windows NT terminal servers / Citrix Metaframe and verify connectivity to ThinClients.
- Update SQL inserting current product records.
- Respond to pager, responsible for troubleshooting all hardware and software problems LIMS and Shop floor.
Senior System Administrator - Contractor
Confidential , King of Prussia, PA
Maintained OpenVMS cluster and standalone OpenVMS nodes at Upper Marion, and Upper Providence data centers. Planned and decommissioned legacy hardware, OpenVMS clusters, and standalone nodes. Perform weekly performance monitoring and tuning using CA Performance Management product.
Senior System Administrator - Full time employee
Provided system administration for EMC SAN, Sun, HP, and VMS servers in a 24/7 production environment. Installation and set-up of BMC Patrol on Solaris, HP UX, and Openvms. Installed and supported Checkpoint firewalls and administered policy and network rules.
- Replaced Sun Solaris 220 based Checkpoint firewalls to Nokia IP5300 Checkpoint firewall platforms achieving required rule upgrades and routing paths.
- Planned, built and tested VMS, and Unix Disaster Recovery Servers and process. Updated and maintained DNS entries.
- Installed patches and upgrade servers to insure work continuance.
- Oversaw and configured Alpha / VAX, SUN and HP Server builds for DR testing.
- Install JNI cards and configure zones on EMC SAN.
- Install software utilizing pkgadd and swinstall.
- Unix server build from ignite and CD, configure NEWFS and extend FS as needed.
- Configure BMC Patrol agents for CPU utilization, processes, disk space utilization, and network connectivity. Modify alarm point thresholds and dissemination lists.
- Handled escalated requests for network connectivity issues.
- Planned and de-commission hardware and dispose or resell following EPA guidelines and data security best practices.