Objective: A position in information technology for an enterprise - oriented company that operates primarily in a Windows and VMWare environment. Desiring the ability to utilize knowledge relative to certifications obtained (listed below) along with several years of experience in projects involving detailed back office engineering, software rollouts, OS/application upgrades, network security/policies, and overall IT management and administration.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows 2008 R2 / 2003 / 2000 / NT4 Server (all versions), VMWare (ESX / ESXi 3.5, 4.x, 5.x), Linux (Suse, Red Hat), Windows XP, Windows XPe, Vista, Windows 7
SOFTWARE: SQL Server, IIS, ISA Server, Citrix Presentation Server, MS Operations Manager (MOM / SCOM), Exchange (5.5 / 2000 / 2003 / 2007 ), SMS / SCCM (2007 / 2012), HP Systems Insight Manager (SIM), NetVault, NetBackup (6.5, 7.x), Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Exchange (GAMME), Veritas Volume Manager, Mcafee EPO / GroupShield, Puredisk (6.x), Networker, Track-It, VMWare (ESX Server, VSphere, Virtual Center, VMWare Converter, Lab Manager, VMotion), HP Rapid Deployment Pack (Altiris/RDP), Platespin PowerConvert, Quest Migration Manager (QMM), Sharepoint, Laserfiche, NetApp SnapMirror, NetApp SnapVault
TECHNOLOGIES: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Cluster Services, Terminal Services, SAN, NAS, RAID, RAS (remote access solutions), IPSEC, VPN, debuggers, SNMP, Thin Client, Anti-Virus, E-Commerce, Firewalls, Security monitors, Virtualization
HARDWARE: HP Servers: Proliant (all models), HP Blade Servers, HP Blade Enclosures (c3000, c7000), HP EVA Disk Arrays (4000/6000/8000 )
Dell: Poweredge Rack Servers (all models)
Cisco: Routers 1700, 2500, 2600, 4000, 7200
Switches: 2900, 2950, 6000
Wireless: Cisco Aironet
Mcafee: WebShield Platforms
Symantec: Symantec NetBackup 5000 and 5200 series appliances
Tape Library: HP StorageWorks ESL / EML E-Series, MSL Tape Libraries, IBM TotalStorage
EMC: Data Domain, Symmetrix VMAX
NetApp: (E-Series, FAS Series)
SKILLS:Systems Administration/Engineering, Datacenter Management, Enterprise Security, High Availability Implementation (HA/clustering), Active Directory, Project Management, Disaster Recovery, Scripting (WSH, VBScript, Powershell, WISE), Migration Strategies, Patch Management, Windows Critical Problem Management, Storage Solutions, Backup Solutions, Change Management, Virtualization Implementation, P2V Conversion, Active Directory / Windows Migration "Best Practice" knowledge and implementation. Strong problem solving, design, implementation, troubleshooting and administration experience in all aspects of above listed items. Sarbanes - Oxley (SarbOx, SOX), HIPAA, SB1386 Compliance, LEAN, Toyota Production System (TPS)
Global Systems Engineer
- Global Systems Engineer providing SCCM (2007, 2012), SCOM (2012 / R2) architecture, engineering and support.
- Deployed and migrated international datacenter (SCCM, SCOM) of 4,000 servers.
- Created, tested and published SCCM packages as required.
Principal Systems Engineer
- Principal Systems Engineer providing Hosted Exchange (version 2007, 50,000+ customers, 300,000+ mailboxes), Active Directory, SCOM, SCCM (2007, 2012), VMWare (versions 4.x, 5.x), Sharepoint, Antivirus (Mcafee, Symantec) and NetBackup (v 7.1, 7.5) engineering and support.
- Performed customer migrations of email systems as required (Exchange, Lotus, GAMME/Google). The supported environment consists of approx. 800 servers and 400TB of data.
- Performed 2 datacenter deployments to increase capacity and redundancy (400 servers in 2 PODs).
Technical Project Manager
- Provides Level 4 enterprise support for Active Directory, VMWare, Hitachi Identity Manager, Altiris and Exchange for North America business units.
- Technical Project Manager / Technical Lead for SMS migration and deployment to SCCM 2007 across the enterprise (50+ sites, 3000+ clients) in Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.
- Project Manager for Confidential Windows 7 deployment, desktop image development and factory image deployment in Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.
Sr. Systems Engineer / Administrator
- Provides Level 4 enterprise support for Active Directory, SCCM, SCOM, VMWare, NetBackup (versions 6.5 and 7.x), IT Security, Altiris, Web (IIS) and Citrix in North America, 3,000 users and ~200 servers in Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.
- Led P2V Migration of ~300 physical servers to Vsphere environment.
- Upgraded MOM 2005 environment to SCOM 2007 R2 (~200 servers). Deployed custom management packs, rules and reporting in Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.
- Upgraded Altiris 6 to 7.1.
- Upgraded Netbackup environment from versions 6.5 and 7.0 to 7.1.
Project Lead / Systems Engineer
- Project Manager for Active Directory Migration of 400 servers (various Windows 2000/2003 to Windows 2008R2), 4,500 users and workstations (Windows NT/2000/XP/Windows 7), 300+ applications in Windows Server 2008 R2 environment.
- Performed datacenter migration/consolidation to new AD forest and domains as well as physical relocation of physical servers and newtwork devices.
- Project Manager for VMWare ESX/VSphere, deployment/upgrade and server consolidation project. Deployed C7000 Blade Enclosures and Blade Servers, consolidated over 100 servers to Blades.
- Project Manager for North American SCCM (2007 SP2) and SCOM (2005 SP1) deployment.
- Project Manager for North American Trend Antivirus deployment.
- Project Lead for File and Print cluster migration project.
- Preoject Lead for Vsphere deployment project (P2V migration, HP c3000 blade enclosure)
- Project Lead for Desktop refresh project.
- Provided Level 4 Systems Administration and Systems Engineering support, to include Windows server platforms, Active Directory, IIS, Exchange, Lotus, MOM/SCOM, SMS/SCCM, SQL, VMWare, Netbackup (versions 6.5 and 7.0), Veritas Volume Manager, Trend Antivirus and Laserfiche.
Confidential, Las Vegas, NVResponsibilities:
- Senior VMWare Consultant in project to migrate datacenter and virtualize server infrastructure (VMWare Infrastructure / ESX Server 3 components. This included the deployment of 8 HP BladeSystem c7000 enclosures (64 HP BL480c Blade Servers), 2 HP BladeSystem c7000 enclosures (32 HP BL460c Blade Servers) and HP EVA 8000. P2V conversion (Physical to Virtual) of 1000+ applications/servers performed.
Tech Lead / Sr. Systems Engineer
Confidential, San Francisco, CAResponsibilities:
- Led the implementation of High Availability SQL cluster.
- Architected and implemented application load balanced and redundant IIS farm.
- Architected and implemented Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) across internal and operations datacenters.
- Led project to leverage VMWare ESX Server and related technologies to maximize server utilization.
- Day to day responsibilities included administration, maintenance and monitoring of systems such as Active Directory (Windows 2003), IIS, SQL, Exchange, MOM, Sharepoint, VMWare, Citrix (Presentation Server, Access Gateways) and network hardware.
- Performed administrative scripting as required (WSH,VBS).
Sr. Systems Engineer
Confidential, San Francisco, CAResponsibilities:
- Member of Enterprise Architecture team to develop and deploy Windows 2003-based Active Directory Infrastructure (800 servers, 60,000 seats).
- Deployed Citrix Presentation Server environment (2,000 users) to accommodate off-site vendors. Edgesight was deployed with Citrix to provide monitoring and performance data.
- Architected and deployed VMWare infrastructure and began the process of virtualizing 500+ legacy servers. HP Blade Center technology was used in this process.
- Provided Level 3 systems support as Sr. Engineer of the Internal Server Engineering and Support team.
- Member of the enterprise Change Advisory Board (change management).
- Member of the Critical Problem Management Board (Priority 1-2 issues that have enterprise wide impact).
Sr. Windows Systems Administrator (Consultant)
Confidential, Coudersport, PAResponsibilities:
3 month contract position to provide Tier 3 network support for the Enterprise Operations group. Responsibilities included enterprise server and application support, Active Directory management (user accounts, GPO s, sites, etc), change management, Exchange email system and mailbox administration/maintenance, project management and servicing network support queues (Track-IT). The environment consisted of over 50 active directory sites, 400 servers, 50 Exchange servers, 5000 users and mailboxes and over 100 enterprise applications.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CAResponsibilities:
- Provided contractor network and desktop support for a user base of 1,500 employees. Duties included servicing the network support and desktop support queues, working with other systems administrators to troubleshoot servers and setting up new servers. Daily activities consist of problem resolution, service requests, projects, etc. Generally this is a Tier 3 environment and there are 100 servers at this location.
Sr. Systems Engineer / Technical Lead
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Provides Level 3 support for Development, Systems Engineering and Technical Services departments.
- Architected datacenter upgrade plan for corporate, production and development environments (~120 servers, 200 users). This was for an e-commerce business with over $100M in annual revenues.
- Developed and implemented enterprise disaster recovery plan for all critical business information systems, which resulted in a reduction of insurance cost of the company by 30% annually.
- Architected and deployed a thin client based Remote Access solution that saved the company over $2000 per remote user and provided for a completely secured and manageable solution.
- Primary architect and implementer of enterprise security policies and systems.
- Developed support and engineering service level agreements (SLA) to meet business needs.
- Produced a change and release management process for production environment (systems, code releases, etc).
- Developed and implemented systems management systems and procedures, primarily through scripting and leveraging MOM, SiteScope and BMC.