SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Primary focus of career has been in mastering Database Management Systems and their Administration as well as Application Design, Coding and Production Implementation. Provided Training for all levels of personnel to include hands on day to day mentoring, formal classroom course development & presentation. Provided consulting/trouble shooting on short term assignments with external groups & clients. Coordinate & Supervise Offshore activities of Offshore staff in India to support Sprint’s ADABAS environment. Was asked to rejoin the LA GEARS account as their lead DBA and lead several teams relating to new Contract Implementation for LA County. Hp is now providing 24hr RTO Disaster Recovery service under the new contract and multiple Technical Solutions to accomplish this needed to be devised. Provided all installation and operational support for Confidential in a UNIX environment. Have implemented ADABAS SQL and now provide Client with a Mirror Image of GEARS Production Database in ASCII format for SQL reporting and Data Warehousing on their end.
Design, Development & Production implementation was accomplished on both mainframe and midrange environments. Experience on start - up accounts supporting due diligence efforts, requirements management, design, development, testing and production implementation & support. Provided technical writing and headed the project team to assess requirements. Implement Disaster Recovery Plans for a major state government client. Lead DBA for several teams that I have been assigned to over the course of my career. Team Lead/Project Manager for Application Development teams when not functioning as a DBA.
Technical revamping of multiple legacy systems and conversions to newer versions/software upgrades resulted in multi million dollar savings in DASD and processing time for several clients. Developed Production execution schedules that better utilized existing and future resources as well as providing timelier product delivery to end clients.
Strengths include Technical Excellence, Conflict management; Personnel Utilization Training & Performance Improvement. Results oriented nature; strong belief in the importance of being a team player; willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done resourcefully and successfully. Strong history of developing team members who can and will perform to their highest capability.
RELEVANT TECHNICAL EXPERTISE:
- Mercury Test Products Winrunner/Load Runner
- ACF2 Administration
- Customer Interaction
- Performance Reviews
- Problem Resolution
- Requirements Gathering
- User Training
- Offshore Staffing Coordination
New York City, NY
Project Type: Confidential Royalty Tracking System
Role: Lead ADABAS DBAResponsibilities:
- Systems Engineer/DBA supporting UMG Royalty Tracking System and conversion of data from Mainframe to Unix platform.
- Given a raw box to work from installed all SAG software to replicate the existing system on Mainframe to an HP Server with multiple LPARS for Production/Test/Staging environments.
- Installed ADAMAGIC as a data conversion tool and successfully converted existing EBCIDIC ADABAS files and databases from mainframe to convert to ASCII format for subsequent loading in a ADABAS UNIX environment.
- Installed DMExpress for Syncsort replication. Installed Endevor Administrator and SCM Coordinator for staff.
- Installed all renovated code that was retrofitted by Software AG for running under UNIX to support Royalties Application. Debugged supplied Natural Code as necessary
- Natural Security Administrator.
- Lead Predict Administrator. Lead Support for Data Base Modifications, Backup, Space & Performance monitoring utilizing ADABAS Utilities & ADABAS ADADBM Services script creation to mimic those functions that SYSAOS provides on the mainframe.
- Set up & maintain all Parm libraries that are unique to the UMG applications we support. Coordinated all licensing agreements between Software vendors, UMG and HP personnel.
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Project Type: Confidential Government Welfare/Eligibility Systems.
Role: Lead ADABAS DBA
- Systems Engineer/DBA supporting the Confidential GAIN system
- Managed a work force management system spanning Multiple ADABAS Physical Data Bases
- Perform cyclic on call duties with extensive requirements for usage of Computer Associates Products, (CA7, CA Disk, and CA-VIEW.
- Endevor Administrator and SCM Coordinator for staff.
- Supported online systems that were coded in Natural V3.1.5 & Java. Analyze, scope, cost, design & code Natural based solutions to state mandated legislation.
- Support the content of the GEARS training base for LA County DPSS new hires.
- ACF2 Account Level Security Officer & Natural Security Administrator.
- Lead Predict Administrator and training coordinator/instructor for Advanced Natural Studies for our Associates/Intern program.
- Lead Support for Data Base Modifications, Backup, Space & Performance monitoring utilizing ADABAS Utilities & ADABAS Online Services.
- Lead DBA for Disaster Recovery planning & execution.
- Supported 8 ADABAS back end environments to support Web front-end development & the Production Mainframe based Database/Systems as well.
- Recently Installed ADABAS 8.2.5, AOS, Predict 8.2.2. Natural V8.8.2 & Super Natural.
- Implemented Forward Index Compression recovering upwards of 23,000 Cylinders of DASD which provided a savings for the account of roughly 4 million dollars annually.
- In 2011 redesigned GEARS batch cycles to take advantage of cost savings through usage of common extracts, consolidating database I/O and so on. Estimated multi million dollar savings on an annual basis.
- 2012 - 2013. Installed and Implemented ADABAS SQL and process’s designed to provide mirror image of GEARS production databases. Developed SQL queries for Client reducing Mainframe processing charges and storage costs.
- 2014 Implemented High Capacity tape system to further support Disaster Recovery procedures.
Overland Park, KSProject Type: Wireless Telecommunications Enterprise ADABAS Support.
Role: Lead ADABAS DBA
- Completed Transition and assumed responsibility for all maintenance of upwards of 80 physical ADABAS Systems.
- Provide LOE (s) for Project Planning for the EDS Data Management staff for all DBMS platforms supported at Sprint (Oracle, DB2/IMS, Progress, ADABAS, Teradata, Sybase)
- Conduct training, mentoring and monitoring of offshore development staff of 3 DBA (s).
- Developed procedural web based documentation for transition of duties from Sprint personnel to EDS DBA staff.
- Continue to refine automated tools to accomplish required DBA maintenance & housekeeping functions with a greatly reduced staff size. This toolkit increase DBA productivity to provide service excellence by putting more tools in the hands of our end clients as well.
- Provide (+-30%) LOE (s) for estimation and Contract LOE (s) that EDS provides to Sprint as an accurate & actual basis for determining Level of Effort, Total Cost of Ownership, Return on Investment and so on.
- Participated in Install and Configuration of ADABAS 7.4 (Most Current Version of DBMS) for my former account (LA GEARS) and performed duties of System DBA for LA County in mid 2007.
Downey, CAProject Type: Law Enforcement
Role: LEAD Technical Engineer Confidential Probation Dept.,
- Responsible for ongoing enhancements & maintenance for the County’s Adult Probation System.
- Duties include ADABAS file maintenance utilizing ADABAS Utilities & performance tuning of existing inventory of NATURAL V2.X being converted to NATURAL V2.3.
- Heavy emphasis on production support and resolving problems encountered during cyclic batch processing.
- Continued to upgrade the online systems employed for defendant tracking & reporting efforts.
Universal City, CA, USAProject Type: Studio Platform Merger/ Corp Buyout. /Y2K Conversion
Role: Lead Technical Support:
- Supported the integration of the POLYGRAM/MCA Home Video Systems after the acquisition of POLYGRAM by Universal.
- Systems were based in COBOLII/DB2 and NATURAL/DB2 running under MVS on multiple IBM Mainframe platforms.
- Provided production support for online data entry systems & online submission of batch reporting subsystem. Resolved production abend situations and provide system enhancements as time permitted.
- Utilized SAG products such as PREDICT & SYSPAC for production migration & implementation.
- Troubleshoot Y2K conversion Modules created by Software AG.
Brea, CA, USAProject Type: Multimillion Dollar Stock Portfolio Mgmt.
Role: Team Lead/Lead Technician Y2K Conversion
- Provided retrofit for Y2K conversion of a Stock Portfolio & Record Keeping legacy system for an international financial management corporation.
- Systems were coded in COBOL & NATURAL V2 and interacted with DB2 & VSAM and ADABAS data structures respectively.
- Natural Connection & Natural PC subsystems were converted as well.
- Systems ran under MVS/TSO for batch applications & CICS
Phoenix, AZ, USAProject Type: State Welfare Payment Systems
Role: Team Lead/Lead Technician Welfare Reform Act
- Re-coded existing legacy systems based in NATURAL V2 to comply with welfare reform policy(s) occurring at both the state & federal level.
- Systems retrofit also included performance enhancements when possible within scope of project.
- Provided on-call production support for existing systems while project was progressing.
Confidential, Arlington, VA, USA
Project Type: Wire line Telecommunications Area Code/NPA Split Projects
Role: Team Lead/Lead Technician
- Converted existing legacy system from ADABAS/NATURAL to DB2/COBOL II.
- Systems supported the Calling Area Data Base (NPA/Area Code Splits).
- Systems were developed on multiple IBM mainframe platforms, running under MVS, TSO/ISPF & CICS for online portions of the systems.
- Also provided production support for the existing system during conversion
Topeka, KS./Ft. Worth, TX, USAProject Type: Railroad Tracking Systems Merger
Role: Team Lead/Lead Technician
- Completed the design & coding to adapt Santa Fe Railroads enterprise systems based in DB2/ NATURAL DB2 for the needs of Burlington Northern due to a merger between the two corporations.
- Systems were developed in NATURAL/CONSTRUCT & NATURAL/DB2, under MVS, TSO/ISPF & CICS as a TP monitor.
Huntsville, AL, USA Project Type: Space Station Logistics
Role: Team Lead/Lead Technician
- Designed & codes systems to support the NASA Financial Accounting System. This system was primarily designed to support space station FREEDOM I, however it is envisioned to be adopted Agency wide.
- Systems were designed on DEC/VAX hardware platforms using CADRE case tools & the Interleaf documentation package.
- Prototypes of the actual working systems were designed & coded in NATURAL & NATURAL/CONSTRUCT with supporting ADABAS data structures. .
McLean, VA./ Richardson, TXProject Type: Wire line Telecomm Network Expansion System.
Role: Lead Technician/DBA/Project Leader
- Supported rewrite of existing system used by telecom engineers to install new switching packages ordered by MCI long distance customers.
- Systems were written in COBOL II, NATURAL, ALC & PL/I. System originally was designed for on-line support and re-coded to operate in an online submission for batch execution in background.
- Authored the Logical Data Base Design for system retrofit.
- Project leader for subsequent conversion of ADABAS Direct Call & ADAMINTS embedded within ALC & COBOL Programs. Converted inventory of 2000 + modules written in Natural 1.2.7 to Natural 2.1. Executed on multiple IBM hardware platforms under MVS & TSO/ISPF.
Dallas, TX, USA Project Type: Wire line systems General Systems DBA Support /Data Administration
Role: Lead Technician/DBA
- Performed the Duties of ADABAS/IDMS Data Base Administrator in support of upwards of 500 applications programmers.
- Utilized all ADABAS/IDMS Utilities & maintained documentation to support the physical environment via PREDICT.
- Used NATURAL to write application programmers utilities including rewriting PREDICT with a design that was eventually adopted by Software AG for the next generation of the product.
- Wrote COBOL application software with embedded ADABAS direct calls. Designed & coded parallel systems that mirrored production ADABAS systems in DB2/COBOL II.