I have received training on and operated the following Network Management Systems: CISCO devices and their configurations (routers,switches, cache engines), GNOC (Openview), IDNX (Netview), General Data Communications (NMS), and Timeplex (Facilities Management System) and Trouble Management System (Remedy). I am also familiar with the following software: Microsoft Windows 95, 2000, XP, NT 4.0, Word, Excel, Access, Visio Professional and DOS 6.22. ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
Network Engineer Senior
- Performs necessary configurations and troubleshooting involving all Network Services managed equipment such as routers, LAN switches, datacryptors, WAN modems, cache engines, APC's and Riverbed optimization Steelhead devices.
- Utilizes associated WHATSUP Gold, Scrutinizer and Solarwinds network monitoring tools to assess customer's network performance while also performing any applicable network trend analysis.
- Enters necessary data within ARS Remedy to account for trouble tickets.
- Performs Security reporting on vulnerabilities via N Circle application.
NOC Network Analyst/Technician
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support for mission routers, switches, APCs, cache engines, datacryptors, modems, some basic LAN applications and Internet access.
- Manage all network outages using the Remedy Trouble Ticket System.
- Monitor, manage, and troubleshoot USAID WAN worldwide consisting of SCPC, DTSPO, ISP’s, VPN, MAN, CISCO cache engines, routers, switches,VPN tunnels.
- Routinely collaborated with various departments within USAID, Firewall Team, RAS Support, PC/LAN Support, and ISSO to troubleshoot various issues within the network.
- Assist Engineering team and Firewall Team with new installations and upgrades.
- Assist GlobalSat (satellite communications) and DTSPO technicians in troubleshooting and fault isolation.
- Managed overall operations of the Department of State telecommunications systems to include modems, csu/dsu, multiplexers and packet switching network and various encryption devices.
- Managed and monitored operations in support of the State Telecommunications Automatic Routing System (STARS) utilizing ACP - 127 protocol.
Network Specialist II
- Duties include monitoring system components, backup of critical network components and resolving problems with e-mail and telegram activities.
- Ensure the continuous and uninterrupted flow of telecommunications (FAIS, E-Mail, Telegrams, etc) from each individual bureau system to and through the Network Gateways, TeDS, C-LAN, LightSpeed, Microsoft Mail and all other servers within the Department of State, Combined Bureau Processing Center.
Network Operations Specialist
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and fault isolation of Sprint’s Private Data Network, Public-IP and American Online IP-Dial Network.
- Troubleshooting with Cisco Routers (2511 and 2507), reloading and scheduling the replacement of faulty routers.
- Performed routine fault isolation, demand polls, pings and telnet to specified routers using TCP/IP protocols.
- Researched current security requirements for information systems assets to facilitate compliance with the migration of UNIX to Windows NT Server 4.0.
- Created flowchart to depict how to register, acknowledge and respond to the Vulnerability Compliance Tracking System.
- Maintained the Compliance Summary Report containing the advisory, bulletin, technical, and DISA Director alerts disseminated by the Department of Defense Computer Emergency Response Team.