- Over 6+ years of hands - on experience in IP Network Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting on Cisco Router’s, Switches, Firewalls and Wireless LAN.
- Efficient with Technical Implementations and Client Training across various Industries and varying levels.
- Efficient in maintaining Client relations and Demonstrating Product Features and Solutions.
- Proficient in configuring Cisco 6500 Chassis Switches, Nexus Switches and Riverbed Steelhead.
- Proficient at proof reading and creating Technical Documents and Presentations for extensive training.
- In-Depth knowledge and experience in Implementation of TCP/IP architecture and Dynamic routing protocols like RIP, IGRP/EIGRP, OSPF, NAT, Load Balancing and VLAN’s.
- Experienced in implementing a Secure Network Infrastructure, Endpoint Security, Zone based Firewall Systems, IPSEC and SSL VPN’s, Network Access Control and Access Lists.
- Experienced in implementing and troubleshooting Firewalls like Fortigate, Palo-Alto, Cisco ASA, Cyberoam and Sonic Wall.
- Experienced in Deploying Wireless Network Infrastructure and Wireless Survey Best Practices using State of the Art tools and Configuring Cisco and Aruba Wireless Devices.
- Experienced in the setup of Structured Cabling in UTP and Optic fiber.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7, VMware ESXi 4 & 5, Ubuntu and MAC OSX.
Hardware: Cisco Catalyst Switches 3600, 3700, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 3000/5000 and Routers 1800, 1900, 2900 and 3800 and Juniper EX series.
Monitoring Tools: OPNET, GNS3 Simulator, Packet Tracer, WireShark, Solar Winds, What’s Up IP, Nagios and Fluke Networks.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, RIPv1&2, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, DHCP, NAT/PAT, ACL, MPLS, SNMP, STP, VTP, VLAN’s and IPSEC-VPN.
Firewall Engineer and Consultant
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
- Member of the Firewall Team, which Designed, Configured and Maintained the Cloud Infrastructure of the Confidential .
- Implemented the Policy Rules, DMZ and Multiple VDOM’s for Multiple Clients of the State on the Fortigate Firewall.
- Implemented the Inter VDOM Routing through the Fortigate Firewalls and also the Router.
- Implemented Zone Based Firewalling and Security Rules on the Palo Alto Firewall.
- Implemented IPS, DLP and UTM features on the firewall for added security purposes.
- Deployed the Air-Magnet Survey Pro and Spectrum Analyzer to study the Heat Maps and Spectrums to perfectly position the Access points.
- Configured and Maintained Cisco Wireless Access Points (Cisco - 3500’s, 3600’s), using Cisco Wireless Controllers at the Data-Center Admin Department.
- Deployed AT&T and Verizon Carrier Vendors onto the Cloud Infrastructure.
Network Engineer and Network Support Analyst
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Migrated the whole Network Infrastructure of Confidential with a team of 5 from Juniper to Cisco.
- Created and Implemented Network Infrastructure for Multiple Branches of Confidential connecting to the HQ at Durham, NC.
- Created a high-level network diagram of 10G aggregation infrastructure using Microsoft Visio and deployed the same.
- Configured and maintained the following Cisco Devices: 6500, 4500, 3750, 3560, 2960, and Nexus 3000/5000 series.
- Configured and maintained IPSEC and SSL VPN’s on Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Maintaining Technical documentation of the whole Network Infrastructure and also of Network Auditing as per ITIL process for referential purposes of the Technical Department.
- Configured and Maintained Aruba Wireless Remote and Local Access Points (Aruba - 220’s, 130’s and RAP-100 Series), using Aruba Wireless Controllers at the Data-Center Admin Floor.
- Deployed Comcast and AT&T Carrier Vendors for the Datacenter.
Advanced Services Network Consultant
- Deployed the Dynamic Routing Protocols like OSPF within the organization spreading across multiple branches across the world.
- Configured and Maintained few of the Credit Suisse Remote Branches spread across the world through WAN and OOB.
- Configured and maintained the following Cisco Devices: 4500, 3750, 3560, 2960, and 2800, 3800 Routers.
- Configured and maintained Security policies like IPS/IDS, Content/Web Filtering.
- Monitored and Maintained storage of Security Log Reports on a daily basis for up to 120 days.
- Configured and Managed Cisco Wireless Access Points and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC) through Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS).
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Serve as Network Engineer for a team of 500+ people and infrastructure of 300+ servers & network devices.
- Configured and Maintained WAN/LAN topologies equipped with HSRP, OSPF, VTP, VLANS, etc.
- Maintained Datacenter which involve tasks such as racking up devices, configure switches, configure & install OS, carry out monthly and quarterly maintenance Plans and plan & manage datacenter expansion.
- Maintained documentation and prepared reports on usage, downtime, storage, maintenance and repair activities of equipment’s.
- Designed and Maintained the LAN Infrastructure of ‘3’ IIIT-Hyderabad Educational networks, deploying HSRP, High Availability, Ether-Channel and Port Security.
- Acted as 2rd tier Escalation Engineer for other projects.
- Maintained the Network Infrastructure of the Department of Agriculture - State Govt. remotely.