- 17 years of professional, technical, solutions providing and network management experience as an Information Technologist with the Federal Government, Fortune 100 & 500 Companies and Academic Organizations.
- 15 years of Enterprise level senior system engineering / IT migration / operational NOC.
- 5 years of Department of Defense - Wartime operational support (NIPR / SIPR) US Army HQ CENTCOM - Confidential AFB.
- As a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, w/ Exchange, Active Directory, COTS applications.
- Active Directory - Security Specialist (C2 / SOX / Department of Defense / Defense Advanced Research Project Agency / Defense Homeland Security & TSA / SEC & Department of Defense - System Administrator (IA).
- Direct hands-on and Team Lead experience with all versions of the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems, including Windows Server & Exchange 2010 - 2003, Active Directory 2012 - 2000 Server and other network operating systems Linux, database application / servers.
- Extensive experience with duties ranging from Windows server 2012 - 2000, Active Directory, Exchange 2010 / 2007 / 2003 / 2000 / 5.5 , cc:Mail, Lotus Notes, and GroupWise design, implementations, migrations, operations, and maintenance in organizations ranging to 200,000 seats (users).
- Systems and Network architecture - planning and implantation, coupled with premier enterprise systems experience.
Operating Systems: MS Windows Server 2012 - NT, Windows 8.1 - MS-DOS Client, HP Unix, Sun Solaris 9, Novell 7, HP’s Business Availability Center, System Availability Manager, Operations Manager, Discovery and Dependency Mapping Advanced Edition, Proliant Essentials Virtualization Management Software, Server Migration Pack, Insight Control Environment
Messaging: Microsoft Exchange 2010 - 5.0 - Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 / lynx
Web Servers: Microsoft Internet Information Services,
Networking: TCP/IP - Routing, Switching and Sub-Netting
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, HP EVA 8000 and ProLiant blade servers (both P and C class blades)
Scripting: VBScript for updating LDAP (ADSI) (AD/Exchange 2010/2007/2003/2000 and Exchange 5.5) and Login scripting - power shell
Software: SCCM - AD applications & OS - Roll-out & migrations, MS Project Enterprise Server 2007, SCOM
Confidential, Denver, CO
Sr. Systems Engineer / Microsoft AD / Messaging Engineer - www.esistek.com
- ESISTEK is a U.S. Veteran Owned Small Business, providing a wide range of business services to our commercial and government clients. We are centered on the latest enterprise technologies, improvement, and management philosophies.
- Our strengths in implementation of enterprise applications and architecture combined with our expertise and experience in process improvement uniquely enable us to provide the most holistic solutions for your business needs.
- ESISTEK is focused on helping our commercial and government clients to achieve their desired results. We take pride in our reputation with our clients in providing the highest quality services at very competitive rates.
- Our Mission to provide our customers with a consulting organization that they can count on as professional, dependable and efficient.
- We concentrate on achieving total team success.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Exchange 2010 Administrator Team for IRS - (Internal Revenue Service) with 120,000 mailboxes
- Team member for Exchange 2010 design and migration effort, high-level planning meeting with corporation VP’s to low-level daily planning / implementation.
- Designed new Exchange 2010 infrastructure - Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group (DAG) and Exchange 2010 Management - Role based Permissions, and Client Access Server (CAS) Array.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Exchange / BES Administrator for 5200 users The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration ( Confidential ) is a federal agency focused on the condition of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- Document - Network and Permissions assess of Users in Active Directory networking environment of Confidential
- Re-engineered Active Directory to a flat tree with functional organization container units via Departmental structure
- New installation of exchange 2007 migrated users from exchange 2007
- Re-engineer BES 5 (rim server) / upgraded version / migrated users.
Confidential, AFB, Tampa
Senior Server Maintenance Engineer Tier-III
- The United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) is a theater-level Unified Combatant Command of the U.S. Department of Defense, established in 1983. It was originally conceived of as the Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force (RDJTF). Its area of responsibility includes countries in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia, most notably Afghanistan and Iraq. USCENTCOM (also called CENTCOM) has been the main American presence in many military operations, including the Persian Gulf War, the War in Afghanistan (2001 - present), and the Iraq War.
- WARFIGHTING TECHNICAL SERVER SUPPORT
- Server Maintenance Engineer Tier-III- HQ US CENTCOM to manage domain - Exchange 2003 and Active Directory
- NIPR and SIPR SA accounts / ASI’s / Patch Management / Server Updates
- High Level Architecture Design Planning
- Migration Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- CA - Uni-center / MS-MOM 2005 installation / monitoring / Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Active Directory / Exchange migration problem troubleshooting / HP OPENVIEW / CA-Unicenter
- HP EVA 8000 and ProLiant blade / Dell servers - VMware ESX 3.0 / Server 2008 / 2003 / Exchange 2007 / 2003 migrations / operations support
- Provide staff augmentation to Army Installations’ Directorates of Information Management (DOIMs) in support of the migration of the Installations’ messaging infrastructure from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and Active Directory
- High Level Architecture Design Planning / Migration Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Blackberry / RIM server migration
- Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migrations and Active Directory Migrations
- NetIQ Exchange Migration Tool / Quest Exchange Migration Wizard (EMW) and Mailmig
- Active Directory / Exchange / vbscript / GPO's migration problem troubleshooting. HP OPENVIEW
- HP EVA 8000 and ProLiant blade servers - VMware ESX 3.0 / Server 2008 / 2003 / Exchange 2007 / 2003
- Confers with functional managers to determine requirements and recommends alternative solutions.
Principal Information Engineer
- Design, planning, development, testing, implementation, upgrade and maintenance of Windows 2003 server systems worldwide, for classified and unclassified environments.
- Technical expertise with Active Directory (AD), Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies, backup and recovery technologies, Windows operating systems, and system utility management for Windows 2000/2003 servers.
- Involved with all facets of planning, design, configuration, testing and implementation of: Security features, Active Directory, servers, operating systems, Disaster Recovery, standard hardware configuration, backup and recovery systems, storage systems and HP Openview monitoring.
- Conduct test and evaluation of proposed new hardware platforms/operating system upgrades and prepares test data for the information systems.
- Ensures tier II/III level support providing technical assistance with difficult operational problems
- Resolves problems involving multiple systems and associated interfaces involving all phases of system analysis and design
- Serve as the technical lead or assist with developing plans for installation of information systems on the network from project inception to conclusion.
- HP EVA 8000 and ProLiant blade servers - VMware ESX 3.0 / Server 2008 / 2003 / Exchange 2007 / 2003 / MS-MOM 2005 / SQL 2005 / Project Server Enterprise 2007 / Sharepoint / Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Confers with functional managers to determine requirements and recommends alternative solutions. Participates in and conducts structured walkthroughs.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Microsoft Active Directory Project Lead
- Responsible for AD design and migration effort, high-level planning meeting with corporation VP’s to low-level daily planning. AD designed to reflect new company name with the merger of 2 other companies.
- Designed new AD 2003 infrastructure / forest and domains built on new HP Blade severs / HP EVA backend.
- Migrated AD 2000 to 2003 and Exchange 5.5 / 2000 to 2003 for 5000 seats and Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 - Travel Philadelphia, Memphis, Washington DC, and New York.
Information Assurance Systems Engineer (IA Engineer)
- Security Scanning and Citizenship and Immigration Service of the Department of Homeland Security
- Network Documentation Creation, Visio network diagrams of USCIS.
- Travel to USCIS office to verify network diagrams
- Identify all IP’s, Ports, and Applications for FISMA self-assessment.
Sr. Systems Engineer / Blade Server Engineer
- Department of Defense, Financial and Accounting Services (DFAS) pays all DoD military and civilian personnel, retirees and annuitants, as well as major DoD contractors and vendors. DFAS also supports customers outside the DoD in support of electronic government initiatives. These customers include the Executive Office of the President, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Energy, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of Health and Human Services and the Broadcasting Board of Governors.
- Principal engineer providing server support for Department of Defense, Financial and Accounting Services
- Knowledge transfer for network administrators on systems HP Blade servers (HP BL 480c) & Netapps Filers maintenance, service, configuration. Server builds on Blades of Windows 2003 (install software, configure software)
- Windows IIS 6.0, SQL 2003, MOMS 2003, SMS 2003, Exchange 2003, Microsoft Office Communications Server, servers built, Symantec Enterprise Vault, configured, and knowledge transfer (documentation and hands-on knowledge transfer) Vista / XP / Adobe and other apps SMS Push / Packaging, MS Project Enterprise Server, and HP Openview monitoring
VMWARE / Blade Server Project Engineer
- Design, planning, development, testing, implementation, upgrade and maintenance of VMware server systems for classified and unclassified environments.
- Meet with Dearborn staff to train up on supporting VMware (onsite training)
- Travel to Columbus to prep environment (install software, configure software VMware 3.0 / application servers MS Project Enterprise Server) - Multiple states installations
Special Project Consultant for the CIO
- Migrate the customer service applications to a terminal service based solution.
- IBM Blade Center hardware solution w/ VMWARE.
- Provide pilot test environment for 80 users.
- Provide feasibility study for IBM Blade Server w/ Windows 2003 R2 NetApps SAN R200 / FAS 3000 / 3050 - terminal services in application mode and VMWARE
- Provide Active Directory - group policies and application security.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Senior Microsoft Active Directory Engineer
- Systems Administrator for Confidential in charge of Domain Controllers and Active Directory Security.
- System Administrator Managing the DOD/ Confidential domain of 2,500 users
- Managing Domain Servers & Exchange Architecture for Security / backup / MS-MOM / Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Active Directory Security - Pilot installation and configuration of Computer Associates - eTrust Security Platform. Project Manager functions for Confidential Security. VMWARE and Windows 2003 setup on Dell Blades
- Computer Associates eTrust training. Fairfax, VA / and HP Openview monitoring