Talented systems administrator offering four years of experience in a Unix/Linux/windows environment and expertise in several flavors of Linux including Red Hat, CentOS and Oracle Solaris 10. Strong understanding of computer security, assorted operating systems, numerous applications and mixed platforms. Highly effective team member who appreciate diversity at work places and seek to work in a multi - technology production environment.
Software: Bash, RHEL 5, 6, 7; Solaris 9, 10; Centos 6, 7; Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP OS, Microsoft Office 2013/2010; Unix/Linux; Remote Desktop and Remedy, Oracle Virtual Box, KVM, VMWare; Nagios Xi monitoring system. Stata and SPSS; Google Apps and Google Drive; Wireless Standards- 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11g, 802.11n, IPV4 and IPV6; Encryption standards-WEP,WPA,WPA2,WPA2/WPA Enterprise; LAMP. SSH, FTP, SAMBA and APACHE web server, Send mail, Postfix, Git/github.
Hardware: X86, X4200, sun sparc servers, Desktops, laptops, printers, scanners; EIDE, SATA, SCSI, and SSD; SAN and NAS servers and networks.
Mathematical: Statistics, Probability, Advanced and Applied Calculus, Econometrics and Growth series
Languages: Proficient in French and English
Confidential, Hyattsville, MD
UNIX/Linux system admin
- Manage user accounts and security by instituting best practices in system log analysis, backups, network operating center security, user account/permissions management and systems/software auditing.
- Strengthened system/network security and business-continuity planning as a member of company’s security incident response team.
- Ensure data recoverability by implementing system and application level backups.
- Manage RedHat subscription through RHN including regular errata updates on RHEL servers.
Other Responsibilities and experience:
- Configured and maintained virtual technologies - VMWare, KVM, Oracle Virtual Box
- Configured Solaris zones to offer virtual hosts within single server systems.
- Configured and managed RAID arrays for redundancy, input/output performance and fault tolerance.
- System monitoring with Nagios Xi.
- Troubleshoot network and other client application issues using remote technology-Remote desktop, TeamViewer etc.
- Samba, DNS, NFS, FTP, SSH, sftp, scp, Sendmail, Postfix and firewall-iptables configuration and management.
- Oracle Solaris ZFS File system configuration and management.
- Basic knowledge of saas, Amazon Web Services and paas.
Confidential, Hyattsville MD
Web Support Technician
- Assist in Apache virtual hosts setup. Help developers resolve Apache configuration problems in linux.
- Setup Linux Firewall and routes to increase network protection.
- Basic configuration of php and mysql for web development environment in Centos/RHEL.