Confidential Mar. 2001 to Aug. 2009 3000 Waterview Parkway Richardson, TX
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) for multiple telecommunication software development teams using Windows, DOS, Cygwin, Sun, Red Hat, Debian and HP NonStop S-Series & NS-Series platforms
- Personally responsible for delivering over 18 different products, built from 5K - 50K files, with build times of up to 8 hours
- Performed development builds, release builds, created branches, created tags, administered subversion repository access, archived releases and other CM activities
- Responsible for creating ISO images and physical master media for product distribution
- Managed changes to schedules, priorities, addressed ad-hoc requests, and Check Point Milestones in a fluid environment with a geographically diverse, culturally diverse, ISO 9001 certified team (Texas, India, France and Nebraska)
- Valued member of Core Teams and Release Management Teams
- Independent of development teams to ensure high quality of software release products
- Assisted developers with build issue resolution, CM tool training, mentoring CM best practices and procedures.
- Managed project to migrate from Telelogic CM Synergy to Subversion.
- Assisted development on several major projects (3-6+ months effort each):
- Implementation of make utility on build scripts. (~1000 steps)
- Enhancements of S-Series build scripts to work on Itanium hardware. (~1000 steps)
- Refactoring of file structures and names during migration to SubversionSVN.
- Modifying pathway requestor and server code for major release enhancement (Made change to reduce program count by 50% and reduce program maintenance)
Experience with: Subversion (SVN), Tortoise, CM Synergy, Tandem Non-Stop Guardian, Unix, Linux, shell scripting, Cygwin, make, FTP, Pathway, Screen Cobol (SCOBOL), Cobol85, S-Series, NS-Series, Enscribe, NonStop SQL, SQLCI, TACL scripts, FUP, DDL, Control, Install Shield, SDLC, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint Familiar with: Agile development, C, C++, CruiseControl, Java, Perl
Confidential Nov. 1997 to Mar. 2001 15305 Dallas Parkway Addison, TX
- Compaq Computer: Automated K-Series build turnover procedure. Ran S-Series CM builds. Attended status and process meetings for the department.
- Salle Mae: Made Y2K changes and tested various reports custom formatted for different clients. Mastered complex turnover procedure.
- Dell Computer: Made Y2K code changes and testing for internal Tandem software systems.
Experience with: Cobol85, Scobol, Pathway, TACL, Enscribe, and SQL .
Confidential July 1986 to Nov. 1997 9311 Reeves St. Dallas, TX
- Principal System Analyst for major jet engine overhaul and repair company.
- Responsible for Shop Floor System including: time and attendance, labor collection, shop router documents, infinite scheduling, load reporting, part tracking, rotable items, sub contract purchasing, and historical database.
- Worked with all levels of shop employees (union and non-union) and management to develop User Requirements, provide user support, training, and ad hock reports.
- Developed New Program Specifications, database design, and test plans for other programmers. Major point of contact for troubleshooting for the shop and other programmers.
- Project leader on several projects with internal resources and contractors.
- Designed, coded, tested and implemented new pathway requesters, Cobol 85 servers, and Cobol85 batch programs.
- Performed maintenance and enhancements on a system of about 275 requesters, and 350 servers with 850,000 lines of code.
- Trained and assisted other programmers in learning our shop floor system and the Tandem Pathway environment.
- Performed Cxx to Dxx conversion and testing.
- The system was used in 3 different facilities, was up 24x7 and used by over 750 employees.
- Selected by senior management to serve on two major cross-functional project teams, spending 95-100% of my time on the projects. (9+ months)
Experience with: Tandem Guardian, Cxx, Dxx, Pathway, Screen Cobol (SCOBOL), Cobol85, Inspect, Enscribe, NonStop SQL, SQLCI, SQL Report Writer, TMF, TACL, FUP, DDL, ENFORM, HCOM, KLIST, Control, VLX, Himalaya K2000. Windows 3.1, MS Word, MS Access Light experience with: RSC, Gupta, SQL Windows, SQL Base, Quest
Confidential Sept. 1979 to April 1986 11477 Pagemill Rd. Dallas, TX
- Worked as a Systems Analyst and System programmer for a manufacturing company.
- Designed and implemented major on-line systems for sales order entry, invoicing, labor collection, shop floor, job costing, bill of materials, and inventory
- Modified several purchased financial software packages for customized use.
- Supervised up to 5 programmers.
- Used a Sperry Univac 90/40 and then converted to a Univac 1100.
Experience with: Cobol, RPGII, UNIS, Mapper, IMS-90, Sperry Univac 90/40 and Univac 1100
Confidential April 1979 to Sept. 1979 11300 N. Central Expwy. Dallas, TX
- Worked as a programmer analyst for a wholesale lumber distributor.
- Made enhancement to order entry and sales analysis programs
Experience with: Cobol, RPGII, and TIP-30