Over 15 years of storage and systems administration experience with excellent hardware, software, and troubleshooting skills. Experience in architecting, implementation, and administration and project management of HDS, EMC and NetApp storage environments. Extreme attention to detail, accuracy and documentation. Highly adept at maintaining strong relationships with customers and manufacturers.
Expertise and Area of Strong Experience
EMC Symmetrix, Solution Enabler, HDS USP-VM, Cisco 9509/9513, EMC Control Center, SnapShot, HDS AMS 2000/1000, HDS Tuning Manager, SRDF/A, Shadow Image, TrueCopy/HUR, CCI/Raid Manager, StorageScope, Windows, HDS Device Manage,r Hi-Track, VMware CP, HDS ITOPA, De-Duplication, HDS-HCAP
TECHNICAL EXPERINCE & SKILLS
- Architecting and build San Fabrics
- Experience in data migration between arrays as well as in tiered storage environments
- EMC Enterprise and Hardware and Software Solutions
- HDS Enterprise and Modular Hardware and Software Solutions
- Experienced in FC storage networking design and implementations.
- Experienced in design and implementation of high-end enterprise storage systems; Hitachi, EMC, Cisco FC Directors.
- Strong understanding of Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity concepts including Data Replication.
- Advanced expertise performing tasks associated with monitoring systems' health and performance, using a variety of tools.
- Expertise with troubleshooting Windows, including Active Directory authentication, replication and server security issues.
- Experienced in supporting development, testing and migration Labs within a diverse environment.
Confidential Storage Network Design Engineer 03/11 to Present
- Evaluate technology and solutions for Business Context Requirements.
- Provide technical analysis and recommendations (e.g feasibility, impact, technical risks)
- Develop/contribute to Technical Project Plan
- Conduct and participate in design Reviews
- Transfer knowledge to support teams (e.g. conduct or participate in knowledge transfer)
- Conduct and consult on testing (POC)
Confidential 01/10 to 03/11 Senior Infrastructure Architect
- Develop, implement and support Global Storage Architecture for SAN and NAS
- Designing and documenting new and existing storage infrastructure.
- Determine new project time and cost estimates.
- Implementing new storage infrastructure, following all internal processes for hardware procurement, installation, configuration, testing, and operational turnover.
- Act as an escalation point, diagnose problems with existing storage infrastructure, including storage, switch configuration and storage management device configuration.
- Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance in accordance with change management policies.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews
- Provide mentoring to team members and technical leaders.
- Assist in developing and deploying Storage monitoring and performance measuring tools as required.
Confidential 07/07 to 09/09 Senior Storage Engineer
- Responsible for the architecture and development of the production environment.
- Provided onsite support for all Hitachi array sales in the Northwest US region
- Project managed a successful million dollar+ Hitachi USPV engagement in a timely and effective manner.
- Worked with customers, channel partners, sales staff and key internal stakeholders as a technical liaison to develop opportunities into successful revenue generation.
- Discuss through White Boarding Design and management of Data Replication, Business Continuance, Data recovery systems and processes.
- Training and knowledge transfer to customer's IT staff
- Evaluated customer requirements regarding existing infrastructure and end user requirements. Develop design plans regarding infrastructure reliability, availability, and scalability, with consideration towards integration of future requirements as well as customer financial considerations.
- Single handily architect and deploy Hitachi San Fabric in High Availability configuration - from the HBA in a server to the Storage Array and all hardware components including Cisco MDS and Qlogic Switches, Emulex and Qlogic HBA's.
- Architected and deployed ACS VMware practice.
- Conducted VMware Capacity Planner Assessment for infrastructure servers and desktops - provide and demonstrate cost savings by TCO/ROI.
- Planned and delivered live demos of storage integrations during sales engagements.
- Owned and responsible for the Professional Services lab.
- Develop junior engineers through training and mentoring.
Confidential 06/02 to 07/07 Storage/System Engineer
- Performed SAN architecture and design of heterogeneous storage environment including configuration, operation and management. Storage provisioning, SAN driver installation and upgrades, performance monitoring/tuning, capacity planning and general system trouble-shooting.
- Successfully developed engineering design evaluations and completed projects within budget and resource constraints. Developed, implemented, and monitored information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Integrate enterprise applications into existing network. Tasks include NT, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 production server builds, loading the enterprise application onto the servers including HP Blade Technology, working with vendors to decide on technical specifications, and integrating all new hardware and software into existing corporate network.
- Responsible for daily operation of the network, server setup/install, software/data migration, troubleshoot network/server issues, and provide 3rd level support as needed in Netware 4.x, NT 4.0, and Windows 2000 environment with 27 remote sites and over 120 servers. Manage enterprise-level testing, debugging, change control and documentation for daily operations and changes to these systems (e.g. HW/SW installations and upgrades, installing and managing large storage systems, troubleshooting, responding to user request.)
Confidential 2000 to 2002 Sr. System Administrator
- Provided Tier 2 support to Network Administrators 24 x 7, which included LAN/WAN troubleshooting related to Streaming Media Technologies, Packet Loss/CRC, Dropped Frames, FTP, reporting, streaming issues etc.
- Mentored Network Administrators/new hires in on-the-job training for existing and new products
- Managed, configured maintained and documented network monitoring tools, storage devices, routers, switches, servers and systems. Administered trouble ticket systems, i.e. Remedy, and Magic
Confidential 1999-2000 Field Engineer
- Installed tape drive, performed backup and restored using Symantec Backup Exec, and Archserve software
- Generated and configured Microsoft Exchange and Terminal Servers in LAN/WAN environment
- Administered network security i.e. enable user to access specific areas on networks
- Provided customer consultant services to find, and resolve networks issues
- Installed, configured, serviced, upgraded and monitored customers' networks
- Installed and configured remote software example PC Anywhere, and VNC
- Provided technical support by phone, e-mail, and fax
- Created and managed users' and email accounts.
Education & Certifications
- AAS Computer Technology
- AAS Network Technology
- Diploma, Electronics Technician
- SNIA Certified Storage Networking - Expert
- SNIA Certified Architect
- SNIA Certified Systems Engineer (SCSE)
- SNIA Certified Professional (SCP)
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Architect - Expert
- Hitachi Data Systems Storage Architect- Performance and Virtualization
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Professional - Enterprise Arrays
- Hitachi Data Systems Qualified Sales Professional
- EMC Proven Professional
- Cisco Storage Network Fundamentals
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate
- Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Support Specialist
- Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Sales Specialist
- Cisco Data Center Networking Sales Specialist
- QLogic Certified Fibre Channel Specialist
- VMware Certified Professional VI4.1 (VCP)
- NetApp Accredited Storage Architect
- NetApp Accredited Server Virtualization Professional
- NetApp Certified Data Management Admin
- NetApp Certified Solutions Architect-Business Continuance
- NetApp Certified Solutions Architect-Backup and Restore
- Xsigo Virtual I/O Administration
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer - Windows/Internet
- Charter Member
- GPA 3.9 Dean's academic achievements and perfect attendance list
- Confidential's 135th Anniversary Scholarship
- Confidential ISG Principles Award
- Confidential HR Star Award
- Confidential Superior Client Care
Excellent references available upon request.