Storage: EMC Clarion CX500
Software: Software Base Systems
Operating Systems: Windows 2008 r2/2003, Windows 7 and XP sp2, Unix
Systems/Data Management and Communications: SQL/MySQL Servers, Exchange Server 2007 & 2010, Active Directory, Internet Information, Remote Access and Terminal server, BackOffice, SharePoint, SMS, Windows Update Service, System Service Virtual Machine Manager, System Center Configuration Manager
Programming Languages: Visual and Non - Visual ADA, Visual Basic Scripting, Visual BASIC, HTML, Office Suites and Applications
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Project, FrontPage, Outlook, Visio, Quattro Pro
General Applications and Protocols: NetIQ, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, SMTP, FTP, DHCP, X.400, Blackberry Server
Hardware Systems: Servers and Workstations, IBM, Dell, and various Intel based systems
Networking and Security: Veritas Backup Exec, McAfee Enterprise Anti-Virus, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
Miscellaneous systems: NetIQ App Manager, IBM Director, Ghost
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Developing, implementing administration procedures for maintaining mission critical systems. Provide technical direction in implementing new technologies and administrative day to day operations.
- Implemented SCCM 2007 R3 and responsible for patching servers
- Exchange 2010 day to day management
- Mentor teammates on administration and troubleshooting
- Administrating day to day and troubleshoot Active Directory issues
Confidential, Lanham, MD
- Responsible for developing, implementing operational procedures to maintain mission critical systems, and provide technical direction and maintain operational day to day duties for a 400 plus servers, as well as 16000 plus user Active Directory environment.
- Implementing 2008 and 2008 r2 Hyper - v environment and centralized management capabilities
- Performed migration of 2003 to 2008 AD
- Consolidated and performed a hardware refresh of Active Directory Domain Controllers, and other critical services DHCP, WINS, and IAS
- Mentor other team members through trouble shooting, and documentation
- Develop monitoring, as well as hardware replacement procedures
- Provide technical direction to senior management on upcoming projects
- Monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory, Exchange 2000/2007, and server environment
- Implemented New On-Call as well as monitoring procedures for Active Directory, Exchange, and field server hardware
- Designed Domain controller imaging process
- Designed and Implemented SUS architecture, and server patch management process
- Maintain day to day operation of server and Active Directory environment to maintain SLA agreements
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Designed and implemented mission critical strategies, as well as performed administrative duties, develop disaster recovery procedures for a 6000 plus user Active Directory and Clustered Exchange 2003 environment.
- Develop strategies and policies, for disaster recovery to comply with guidelines for mail retention
- Improved disaster recovery failover procedures to decrease failover time to remote site.
- Monitor and resolve issues Exchange 2003, Active Directory, and Blackberry environments. Migrated over 2000 plus users from Exchange 5.5/ NT 4.0 environment
- Designed and implemented reconfiguration of EMC storage to improve performance issues
- Designed and implemented Exchange 2003 OWA redundancy between two remote sites
- Designed and implemented new security model for over 200 security groups
- Develop policies for user provisioning and group access.
Confidential, Linthicum, MD
- Administer and develop disaster recovery polices, for a 4000 plus user Active Directory and Clustered Exchange 2003 environment.
- Develop strategies, for monitoring and establishing policy to comply with Federal guidelines for mail retention.
- Monitor and resolve issues for Exchange 2003, Active Directory, and Blackberry environments. Develop security policies for user provisioning and group access.
- Migrated over 2000 users from Exchange 5.5/ NT 4.0 environment as well as mainframe email systems using Quest migration tools.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
System Engineer- Contractor
- Provided tier 3 anti-virus application support for 200 servers and 6000 plus workstations as well as developed, reviewed, and implemented new security models.
- Developed enterprise security policies. Created a security model that locks down GPO creations only for an exclusive group of domain administrators. Worked with other group to review security policies for XP Service Pack 2 images.
- Developed, researched, tested anti-virus and monitoring, applications for Exchange 2003 clustered environment.
- Developed, implemented, and monitored enterprise security patching and anti-virus applications. Implemented, monitored, and provided support for McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator for 6000 plus desktops as well as 200 servers along with establishing policies to enforce desktop anti-virus policies.
Confidential, Tysons Corner, VA
Information Systems Analyst
- Preformed tier 3 support of 40,000 plus user Active Directory and Exchange 2000, with 500plus servers in a highly distributed environment, as well as developed and implemented operational procedures, maintain network software and hardware, develop anti-virus outbreak procedures, and developed as well as implemented system patching processes.
- Project lead of a group of two to develop and implement migration procedures for 3,000 users on 8 Exchange 5.5 and NT4 on Dell Poweredge 2300 servers to 4 Active Directory and Exchange 2000 IBM x345 servers. This included creating documentation for desktop teams to perform desktop migrations and server decommissioning.
- Project lead to develop a patch management and software distribution system using VB Scripting, Microsoft System Update Service, and NetIQ Application Manger. Worked with another group to create a web interface were the tier 1 administrators were able to input the individual server maintenance times. The maintenance times were stored with in Active Directory and a NetIQ script pulled the maintenance time and scheduled when the patches would be installed on that particular system.
- Implemented consolidation and upgrade of NT4 RAID 5 production systems to Windows 2K. Working with tier 1 administrators this included disaster recovery plans as well as working with third party vendors on migrating and upgrading clustered systems on various IBM platforms, as well as providing support for various issues that occurred.
- Planned, implemented, and monitored enterprise anti-virus applications, consolidation and upgrade for over 200 servers using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, on Windows 2K, and NT systems.
- Assisted in the implementation and upgrade of anti-virus SMTP gateway solution.
- Provided direction on enterprise anti-virus updates, upgrades, and outbreak procedures.
- Involved with a team of 4 to support 32,000 user distributed Active Directory, Exchange 2K and Notes environment. This included providing support of clustered production systems, as well as file servers, Macintosh connectivity to Windows resources.
- Supervised and assisted triple tier helpdesk support team with analyzing advanced Windows 95/98/NT/2000 and network systems challenges.
- Managed and collaborated extensively with Microsoft engineers and technical liaisons to formulate solutions to complex technical problems.
Confidential, Tysons Corner, VA
- Documented and reviewed help desk processes
- Creating lab environment consisting of NT and W2K servers.
- Organized and arranged backup tape vault inventory