- Over 7years of experience in IT industry in various roles with excellent experience in RedHat Enterprise Linux Administration, Software Configuration Management, DevOps Engineer Build & Release management and Development for several markets driven international organizations.
- Extensively worked on HUDSON, JENKINS for continuous integration (CI) and for End - to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Working Knowledge on Cloud automation using Azure and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience of Jenkins, Apache Ant, Apache Tomcat, Subversion, GIT, Maven.
- Develop, enhance and maintain the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and Automate regression and acceptance testing.
- Automate the Build and deploy of all internal Java environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Perforce and PVCS.
- Strong knowledge and real time experience in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53).
- Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- Created computing and data resources on AWS using EC2. Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF. Used Spring Cloud Boot and Netflix OSS for Microservices development
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl and XML.
- Developed several puppet modules to configure middle ware applications and splunk.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Maintained local team repositories and Organization's central repositories for Maven.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Ensured, successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Private Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial Application migration and net new development.
- Maintained deep hands on technical knowledge of PCF and Application infrastructure and architectures.
- Extensively worked on Automatic Scripting using shell scripts (bash, awk, sed).
- Experience in writing shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management using Cron.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security rights, disk space and process.
- Team player with good management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge in build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts.
- Configuration management with various automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Having work experience in support of multi platforms like UNIX, Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora, iOS and Windows.
- 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8 of production, test and development servers.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and Confidential Web Sphere.
- Involved in Linux administration activities like troubleshooting of regular issues, configuration issues, applying patches, kernel upgrades, package management, diagnosing resource utilization and file system issues.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Windows XP …
Languages: C, C++, Python, Ruby, Java/J2EE,
CI Tools: JENKINS, HUDSON, Bamboo, Anthill Pro, Nexus
CM Tools: CHEF, Puppet, Ansible
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, SQL Server
Scripts: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Perl Script, Power Shell Script.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, Bitbucket
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML.
Web/App servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL.
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Cloud AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation from Dev to Eval, Eval to Pre-Prod/ Pre-Prod to Production systems using Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Chef automation tool.
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Managed all the environment and application level configs using puppet GIT and HIERA.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Chef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in-house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWSOps Works stacks Across 4 product platforms.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Implemented CI and CD for database using Jenkins and UDeploy.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Setup Jenkins tool to integrate the JAVA project and maintained Jenkins with continuous
- Integration and deployment.
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems.
- Created Pre-operation and Post-operation triggers in UCM.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Worked in design and deployment of national data centres using the Openstack.
- Performed merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch.
- Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Maintained configuration files for each application to build and install on different environments.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Used Puppet for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Chef, Puppet, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ant, Maven, Subversion, Docker, SVN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX, LINUX (RHEL 4/5).
Confidential, Lanham, MD
- Main responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Integrated Maven with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Managed the deployment activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers and utilizing the rsync utility in the shell scripts.
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using puppet and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Involved in defining, documenting, negotiating and maintaining Product/Application Release Roadmap
- Hands-on experience on CI tools like JENKINS/HUDSON.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and Migrated to MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of the build artifacts like war files.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
- Created Maven, Perl & UNIX scripts for build and Release activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Involved in backing up repository, creating folder and granting user access privileges.
- Assist our Client in the centralized Build Farm, which has responsibility of creating and maintaining build scripts required by the applications.
- Created inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower.
- Automated the Build and Deployment process using WebLogic server.
- Integrated SVN and Maven with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration process.
- Wrote MAVEN and Gradle Scripts to automate the build process.
- Experience in partially administering ALM (PIVOTAL TRACKOR) for issue management
- Working experience on AGILE/SCRUM Methodologies.
- Maintained and expanded usage of TeamCity and GitLab.
- Experience in Application Deployments& Environment configuration using Puppet.
- Created and deployed a tool to automate branch and project creation in subversion using Perl and Puppet scripts.
Environment: SVN, PIVOL TRACKOR, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity, WebLogic, Puppet, Application Servers, AWS, Agile SDLC
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Provided centralized software configuration management for enterprise application projects in a multi-tiered high-availability environment.
- Configuration services on multiple platforms in the test environment running on one or more IT Platforms.
- MAVEN, Client/server, JENKINS, MS Build, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, UNIX
- Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like JENKINS/HUDSON, Ant, MS Build, and Subversion.
- Maintained and administered source code archive databases (e.g., Source Repository for version management of source code which included Subversion and Bug Reporting for adding users and fields, and changing permissions).
- Automated builds and deployments of business-critical customer-facing J2EE web applications into
- WebSphere 6.x application server environment on Solaris 10 platform.
- Developed and build and deployment standards with input from development, IT/operations, and IT security.
- Working on writing Puppet Manifests to fix issues over different environments (Dev, Disaster Recovery, Pre-Production and Production).
- Hands on experience on Automation of configuration and management through Puppet and in Implementing Puppet dashboard and Puppet database.
- Experience in writing Branching and Merging methodologies in TFS.
- Created branches in VSS and TFS.
- Migrated source code from TFS.
- Tracking code migration & testing efforts in all environments (i.e. Integration, Sys. Test, UAT, Performance/Tech. Test, Training & Staging environments (Mock Cut-Overs)) & final migration into Production Environment.
- Solid understanding of load balancing appliances in a web environment.
- Communicated with technical project leads, developers, quality assurance, and business team members.
- Having the responsibility to test the use case by writing the Unit test cases and having good knowledge in usage of J-unit to test the application.
- Good experience in debugging the application by running the server in debug mode and having the experience in usage of log4J to persist the data in log files.
- Have the responsibility as a UAT support for the project until the project goes into the production.
Environment: PVCS, SVN, ANT, MAVEN, JENKINS, Subversion, Windows, Eclipse, Artifactory, VMware, Nexus, Tomcat.
Confidential, Salem, NH
Build & Release Engineer
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kick start based network installation.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.X, 4. X servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Involved in user interactions, requirement analysis and design for the interfaces.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various WebLogic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to deploy each tier.
- Handling complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration.
- Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
- Creating SVN repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects,
- Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Automation of various administrative tasks on multiple servers using bash script.
- Proficient in installation, configuration and maintenance of applications like Apache, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Monitored and troubleshot different performance related issues using performance monitoring utilities like IOSTAT, VMSTAT, TOP, NETSTAT and SAR.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Installed and Configured Send Mail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers.Administering NFS Mounts.
Environment: Redhat-linux, Maven/Ant, Jenkins, Puppet, Nexus, SVN repositories, Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat.