- Over Seven (7+) years of IT experience as a system administrator for various platforms: RHEL 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x, 7.0 AIX 5.2/5.3/6.1/7.1, SOLARIS 9/10/11 and Windows Operating Systems.
- Administration of various environments in software development life cycle Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Experience working Data Center’s managing Servers, SAN and NAS devices like Confidential, Brocade, EMC and HDS devices.
- Experience in installation as well as configuration of various Unix/Linux platforms: DHCP, DNS, NFS, FTP, SSH, Sendmail, Apache, Samba, RPM package management.
- Experience in Kickstart, Jumpstart and NIM installation method for RHEL and IBM - AIX.
- Extensive experience working on web application and webservers like Java J2EE, Weblogic, Websphere, Tomcat and Apache.
- Extensive experience working on virtualization technologies like VMware ESX, VMware EX
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in administering and deployment of Sun Solaris, Red Hat (Linux) & AIX servers (Stand alone, via VMWARE and TPM) in datacenter as well as from business prospective.
- Experience in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) for various applications.
- Excellent knowledge in various scripting languages like Shell Script, KORN and BASH.
- Extensively worked on infrastructure management, and performance monitoring using Nagios
- Experience in maintaining and executing build scripts to automate development and production builds.
- Knowledge of databases like MySQL, Oracle 10g/11g, MSSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a team or individually, ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Extensive experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale .Net, Java/J2EE Web applications.
- Good interaction with developers, managers, and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and prompt response.
Operating Systems: RHEL3/ 4/5/6/7, Centos 4/5/6, Fedora 11/12, Solaris 8/9/10, SUSE 9/10.
Virtualization: VMware and VSphere
Services: NFS, SSH, SFTP, FTP, rlogin, RPM, YUM, Samba, Auto FS
Languages: HTML, Bash, Python, Perl &K Shell Scripting
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, LAN, WAN, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NAS, HTTP, LDAP
Filesystems: LVM, VxVM, SVM
Monitoring Tools/Applications: Nagios, Puppet, Cacti, Puppet
Confidential, Eagan, MN,
- Involved with infrastructure team for installation, configuration and maintenance of Red Hat Servers 5.7,5.6/6.4,6.5,6.6/7.0 at various Data Centers.
- Responsible for installing and upgrading patches and packages on RHEL 5.x/6.x using RPM & YUM.
- Completed various automation task in Linux using shell and Perl scripting
- Involved in providing everyday support to multiple Redhat Enterprise Linux servers on virtual, AWS and physical platforms.
- Involved in working with Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, AIX, Red-hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, Ubuntu 12.x, 13.x.
- Proficient experience in using and configuring Redhat Satellite servers, Yum repositories and troubleshooting activities.
- Involved in integrating Nagios with other monitoring/alert solutions like splunk and customizing Nagios with infrastructure and application needs.
- Involved in customizing Python, shell and bash scripts for activities like pre-checks on servers, collecting backups for configuration files, application start up and shut down.
- Performed Kickstart installations as well as Linux Kernel, memory upgrade and swaps area.
- Set up Network Protocols, Network File service (NFS) and Network Information Services (NIS) in Red Hat Linux and AIX systems.
- Worked on build activities, which involves building Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 and, 7 servers in both Physical and Virtual platforms and procedure documentation.
- Worked with Veritas cluster services for support and maintenance and High Availability services for Business critical applications.
- Extensive experience working with EMC power-path and Hitachi multi-pathing.
- Installed, Configured and maintain DNS, FTP, TCP/IP, Samba on Red Hat Linux.
- Installed, Configured and maintain web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, WebSphere Application Server and Samba Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Perform password-less setup as well as agent forwarding for SSH login via ssh-keygen tool.
- Extensive experience and currently working on Installation, configuration and registration of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. Involved in troubleshooting and support on TSM backup failure issues.
- Provided technical support to various teams; Middleware, Database, Application testing and production support.
- Initiated the production support calls and worked on 24X7 rotational call support model.
Environment: s: Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5.x/6.x/7;AWS; VMware, Puppet, Oracle enterprise Linux; Sun OS; HP ProLiant BL/DL G1/4/5/6/7/8; IBM Tivoli Storage Manager; HP blade center; Veritas clusters, Oracle DB, ASM grid, Redhat Satellite server.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Administration of RHEL 5.10/6.2,6.4 and Solaris 9, 10 including installation, testing, tuning, upgrading, troubleshooting server issues and loading patches.
- Automated installation of Linux servers using Kickstart and Installation of Solaris using Flash, live upgrades and Jumpstart Servers
- Worked on VMware ESX Server 3.5.
- Created and Managed file systems and Logical volumes in Linux and VERITAS Volume manager in Solaris & Linux & IBM AIX.
- Worked on Storage capacity management, performance tuning, system dump analysis disaster recovery in Linux.
- Installed patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux and Suse Linux.
- Worked on Creating, cloning Linux virtual machines using VMware Virtual Client and migrating servers across ESX hosts.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in both Solaris and Linux.
- Monitored and provided Statistics on Hard Disk Usage.
- Worked on configuration of Clusters using VERITAS Cluster Services in Solaris and Linux.
- Used Net Backup on Solaris and Linux for system backup and restoration.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, Apache, IIS SMTP, IMAP, POP3 and file servers on AIX and RHEL servers.
- Created Disk Volumes, Installed and Configured RAID controllers RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 5.
- Installed, configured and maintained Apache/Tomcat Web Server, JBOSS.
- Installed and configured NFS, NIS and FTP Servers. Maintained LVM, VxVM and SVM filesystems
- Extensively used Bash, Perl, Python, Shell scripting for job automation.
- Used Puppet for server configuration across distributed Virtual Server Environment, performance enhancement and tuning for Tomcat, Apache, JBoss servers on RHEL 6 virtual instances.
- Worked on TCP/IP networking in Solaris and Linux Systems.
- Installed, integrated, tuned, and troubleshoot Apache, Tomcat, Java and IBM Webshpere7.0 and Oracle Web logic 10.3 application servers.
- Performed data migration between various UNIX/LINUX server and Windows Servers.
- Worked on deployments on Websphere application servers and clustered environments.
- Created Technical documents and worked on offshore-onshore support structure.
Environment: Environment: RHEL 5/6, Solaris 9/10, MS SQL Server 2005,200812008R2 Windows Server 2008R2, NetBackup, DNS, DHCP, Veritas cluster, Tomcat, Apache, Websphere 7.0, Oracle 10, VMware ESX.
Confidential, Ft. Worth, TX
- Extensively worked on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5/ 6.2,6.3 and AIX Systems Administrator as well as supported applications on mission critical Enterprise Networks and Multi - Server environments.
- Involved in Networking service, performance, and resource monitoring.
- Involved in installation, configuration , administration and migration of Red Hat Linux .
- Performed O/S, firmware and required infrastructure software upgrades.
- Worked on development and modification of Linux shell scripts as per the Customer requirements.
- Created Users and Groups for certain departments. Configured DHCP for dynamic IP scheduling.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and integrity of a distributed, networked Linux based environment.
- Wrote Shell scripts for automation of jobs, system monitoring and error reporting.
- Setup and configured network TCP/IP on Linux environment as well as maintained DNS and NIS server.
- Worked on networking services and protocol on UNIX, including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP, ARP, applications, kickstart and print servers to insure optimal networking, application functionality
- Provided support for the SMTP mail server and the network components using the firewalls.
- Configured and installed SAMBA server for windows and Linux connectivity.
- Administered and monitored servers, switches, ports with Nagios monitoring tool.
- Implemented RAID 1 and RAID 5 on mission critical servers such as domain controllers and file servers.
- Performed day-to-day jobs such as monitoring log files, writing and running the scripts to automatically watch the resources, CPU, memory, I/O, and paging space.
- Provided support for the systems in the Data Centre and in the production environment.
- Managed data backups, archives, restoration and recovery.
- Daily responsibility involved account management, file permissions, users and work group management.
Environment: Red hat 4.x, 5.x, DHCP, TCP/IP, Shell, DNS, NIS, SMTP, Firewalls, Tomcat, Apache, Weblogic.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Performed kickstart installation of RHEL 4.x/5.x and custom built the servers per SOW
- Installed patches for Linux and Application servers and performed Red Hat Linux Kernel tuning.
- Configured and managed security issues and performed back office system environments.
- Maintained user/group accounts, passwords, profiles, home directories, quota, permissions and customizing shell environments.
- Configured and installed LVMs on Linux servers.
- Installing, administration and troubleshooting and debugging of Apache 2.x web server, which included tasks like creating virtual hosts, installing SSL certificates etc.
- Installation of WebLogic 9.x servers on Solaris and Linux servers and creation of domains using the web console.
- Worked on installation and administration of version control tools like RCS and CVS.
- Managing configuration files like httpd.conf, crontab in the revision control systems.
- Performance monitoring and tuning of the applications and OS using iostat, ndd commands.
- Experience in writing Bash and Shell scripts.
- Involved in implementing security on Solaris and Linux servers.
- Installation of patches on Solaris and Linux servers.
- Worked on cronolog in Linux servers for managing the logs of the web servers and performed automation using Shell and Perl scripts.
- Was involved in Change Control Management and documentation of the procedures.
Environnent: Redhat EL 3.x, 4.x, Apache Web Server 1.3.x, 2.2.x, WebLogic 9.x, RCS 5.6, CVS 1.11.x.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Junior System Administrator
- Installed and configured Red Hat Linux server using kick-start servers as per the project's need.
- Installation, integration, tuning and troubleshoots Apache, Tomcat, and WebSphere and WebLogic application server.
- Performed system-monitoring tune up kernel parameter, adding/removing hosts, users, disks on DNS/NIS domain.
- Installing and applying security policies on Red Hat Linux for hardening the server based on the company's policy
- Configured Sendmail Utility on Linux servers.
- Performed installation of Oracle Patches and troubleshooting and maintaining system security.
- Administered and created new users, groups and set up their home directories and appropriate access and restrictions to software, directories and files.
- Administered and configured DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS and Samba in Red Hat Linux.
- Configured and administered Samba to provide file services, resolved various inter-operability issues between Windows NT & Linux platform.
- Managed virtual memory and swap space on RHEL servers.
- Implemented RAID levels and changed BOOT PROM values according to the requirement.
- Involved in monitoring trouble ticket queue in order to attend user system calls, attended team meetings, change control meetings to update upcoming changes in environment.
Environment: RHEL, RAID, VCS, DNS, LDAP, NIS, Samba, Oracle, Windows NT, Sun Solaris, Tomcat, Websphere, Apache.