- Fifteen years of cross - platform experience in systems administration, including analyzing, designing, installing, maintaining and repairing hardware, software, peripherals and networks.
- Superior troubleshooting and technical support abilities with migrations, network connectivity, security and database applications.
- Ability to develop exceptional relationships with coworkers, management, vendors and end users.
- Excellent communication, management and problem solving skills.
Hardware: Windows, Dell Servers, HP Proliant servers, IBM AS400/iSeries, Cisco NAS, SAN,desktop/notebook hardware, IDE hard drives, SCSI devices, direct attached storage, Cisco access points, Cisco controllers, Cisco routers, Aruba Networks switches, Aruba Networks controllers, Aruba Network access points, Netgear NAS, Teklogix handheld and truckmount scanners and controllers, HP/Bosanova,Wyse thin clients, HP/Xerox/IBM/Canon/Lexmark/Sato/Fujitsu printers and peripherals, analog/IP digital camera systems, Cisco Spam and Virus control and Coyote Point load balancers.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Veritas/Symantec backup suites, Symantec antivirus, Trendmicro antivirus, Websense CMS, Ilient/Sysaid Helpdesk systems, Sonicwall CMS, Corel Graphics Suite, Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, In-Design, Fireworks) Joomla 10.4,5,7,9 CMS, Tungsten Replication, Repliweb, iBusiness SEO Professional, Apache Tomcat and XAMPP suite. Sharepoint 2010, 2013, Dell OME, SQL 2005/2008/2012
Languages: SQL, XML, PHP, HTML, VBS and Actionscript
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/NT/XP/XP EMBEDDED/WINDOWS CE/VISTA/WINDOWS 7, DOS, Power Shell, Windows Server 2000/2003/2003 R 2/2008/2008/2012 R2/EXCHANGE 2007.Networking and Services: Ethernet 802.3, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, ARP, FTP, Telnet, DSL/Cable, hubs, routers (Cisco IOS), cabling, SMTP, POP3, NAT, VPN, VLAN, Ethernet 802.11, LAN/WAN, Active Directory, Terminal Services, Remote Desktop Services (Server 2008), Server/Desktop Virtualization, Print Server Services and deployment, WSUS and Microsoft IIS.
Senior Network Engineer
- 14 locations across country including DR site
- 2500 AD users
- 3800 AD groups
- 425 Servers
- 4500 Workstations
- Sharepoint 2010, 2013 internal/external backend administration
- Varonis Datavantage auditing
- All Servers 2003,2008,2012
- SQL Server 2005,2008,2012
- All Active Directory DNS, GPO
- AGPM Advanced group Policy Management
- Dell OME (Open Manage Essentials) Server monitoring
- Monitor IT Server Monitoring
- Manage Engine AD Manager
- Lead Mentor / Trainer
- Data Center (organization, maintenance, planning)
- Vsphere / ESX 5.5
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Server/Sql Clustering Services
- Dell m1000e Chassis /Various Dell Blade Server Administration and Maintenance
- Powershell scripting
- General scripting for various projects/needs
- Kace/ Microsoft SCOM/SCCM Monitoring / Patch Management
- HP Jet Admin printer management
- EMC SAN
- IBM SAN
- Cisco Switches Routers,AP
- Juniper SSL VPN
- Cisco VPN
- Commvault backups
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Websense CMS temperature @lert monitoring system
- Recover Point
Director of Information Technologies
- Responsible for developing, implementing and supporting both short and long-term information technology plans. Create and administer IT policies and procedures and audit information system use for compliance and security.
- Work closely with the board of directors to improve existing systems by reviewing user requests for changes, analyzing needs and budgets and making recommendations for updates, replacements or enhancements.
- Manage contract negotiations, purchase and installation of new systems.
- Supervise the IT department staff including hiring and training, provide technical support and conduct feasibility studies for information technology projects.
- Manage team of 10 in house employees and 20 outsourced contractors.
- Manage vendors, vendor relationships and contracts.
- Manage Microsoft Windows servers, Microsoft workstations and network security devices for approximately 500 end users and 250 workstations.
- Manage and maintain PCI compliance for technology infrastructure.
- Development of distribution inventory and bar-coding system to include real-time inventory movement, inventory cycles, order picking and processing which has increased efficiency to an unmatched industry level of 98.8% accuracy.
- Directed development of a TCP/IP/5250 emulation program with external linking feature into a main file server to associate company products with alternate information for increased efficiency.
- Optimize and standardize user desktop experience through imaging, group policy and virtualization.
- Website design and development:
- Design, develop, implement and maintain a customized company website integrated into the company’s main database system using SQL, Tungsten replication, Joomla, Repliweb, Coyote Load Balancers and Cisco Switches creating a fully fault tolerant environment.
- Implementation of WAN traffic optimizers cutting bandwidth usage by over 80% allowing us to reduce the amount of bandwidth paid for per site by over 70%.
- Lowered spam by 75% using Cisco Spam and Virus filtering with real-time spam black lists for incoming email.
- Increased worker performance / lowered downtime by implementing Websense CMS to monitor and filter user internet usage.
- Review and propose projects as required or requested for time allocation, completion dates and budgetary costs.
- Review of daily and planned weekly projects for the department to properly allocate work based on staff availability and time constraints to ensure all goals are met.
- Conduct weekly “one-on-one” meetings with various staff members to review previous week’s accomplishments and provide additional development and training.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to review last week’s progress and plan tasks for the coming week.
- Provide weekly reports to board of director members on the state of the department and projects including:
- Updates on current projects and their current status.
- Weekly helpdesk reports with statistics and response times.
- Conduct 90 day and annual performance reviews of department staff.
- Manage and prioritize physical location visits.
- Manage new install projects for all IT related items including but not limited to servers, switches, and other network resources.
- Migrated to Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2 Server/Exchange 2007 Server with integrated OWA services, Windows Server Updates Services (WSUS), and Windows Remote Desktop Services.
- Set up off-site users to work virtually through RDSH and VPN Technologies
- Backup and restore network data with Veritas/Symantec Backup Exec.