- AWS certified Cloud Engineer with over 7+ years of experience as a hands - on Build Release Manager, infrastructure integrator and System administrator.
- Extensive experience working with AWS provided Solutions like EC2, ELB, VPC, Route 53, RDS, S3, IAM and Cloud Watch and also familiar with other Cloud Services such as Microsoft Azure and OpenStack.
- Hands-on in developing cloud based applications using Microsoft Azure platform .
- Implemented Network Topology Design in Windows Azure - IaaS platform using PowerShell Scripting and also familiar with other services such as Azure Resource Manager, Resource Groups & VM Scale Sets, PowerShell, Azure Machine Learning Studio and Azure SQL and Blob storage.
- Hands on knowledge in various configuration and automation management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt and Ansible .
- Experienced in automating deployment using Bash and Python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CruiseControl and GoCD .
- Experience in version control systems using SVN, GIT and Bit bucket.
- Experienced in using MEAN Stack and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Dynamo DB and RDBMS like SQL, MySQL and Oracle.
- Worked with different testing tools like Bugzilla, JIRA and Remedy .
- Responsible for ensuring Systems & Network Security, maintaining performance and setting up monitoring using Cloud Watch and Nagios .
Cloud: Amazon Web Service (AWS), Open stack, Microsoft Azure
Cloud Services: EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Redshift, EMR, RDS, Dynamo DB, SQS, IAM, SNS, SES.
OS (Operating System): Windows, Linux (Ubuntu, amazon,), Unix(RedHat, Solaris and Centos), Mac
Automation and Build tools: Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Bamboo, CruiseControl, Maven, Salt, Ansible and GoCD.
Monitoring tools: Nagios, CloudWatch
Scripting Language: Python, Shell(Bash), PowerShell, AWS CLI, Ruby on Rails, JSON Template (Cloud Formation)
Version Control System: SVN, GIT, Bit Bucket and Artifactory.
DBMS: MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle and NoSQL such MongoDB, Dynamo DB .
Bug Issue and Change Tracking tools: Bugzilla, JIRA and Remedy.
AWS DevOps Engineer/Monitoring Engineer
Confidential, St Paul, MN
- Experience with building and deploying multi applications utilizing Amazon EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, DynamoDB, SES, SQS and SNS, focusing on High-availability, fault tolerance and auto scaling.
- Build environment within AWS using EC2 instance creation, Route 53 DNS routing, Cloud Watch alarming, Virtual Private Cloud setups, AWS Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling groups, S3 buckets& objects, RDS Databases etc.
- Created and monitored alarms, notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch .
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud ( VPC ) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Managed users and groups using the Amazon Identity and Access Management ( IAM ).
- Configured Elastic Load Balancing ( ELB ) for routing traffic.
- Implemented ELK(Elastic Search Log Stash Kibana) and Maintained The Generated Reports.
- Hands on working with Kibana Dasboards.
- Actively participated in setting up the Build Pipeline.
- Personally set up Chef Workstation and Chef Clients in an environment.
- Automating deployment of applications and infrastructure using Puppet as configuration management tool and GIT as source control management tool.
- Created Chef Cookbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Developed AWS cloud formation templates and set up Auto scaling for EC2 instances.
- Extensively managed Jenkins as automated process for code builds and deployments.
- Working With QA Automation SME to develop a test framework for RestAPI’S
- Hands on Working with QA to develop testing strategy which has traceability to requirements.
- Configured the user accounts for Continuous Integration in Jenkins . Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process.
- Improving Continuous Integration workflow using Virtual Environments like Docker
- Automating Build process using Docker and similar tools.
- Performed Blue/Green deployments with minimal application downtime.
- Created Cloud Formation templates to run applications and the stack in the DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2,ELK,Route 53, S3, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch Alarms, Cloud Formation, SNS, SES, SQS, GIT, GIThub, Jenkins, Vagrant, Chef, MySQL,Docker.
Confidential, Webster, MA
- Strong hands-on on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, and EBS for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Responsible for building out and improving the reliability and performance of cloud applications and cloud infrastructure deployed on Amazon Web Services.
- Worked with development team to create a collaborative IT operations model based on Agile and DevOps methodologies and wrote code to support automated IT operations methodology (foundation of cloud +services) in various scripting languages
- Administration/ owner of GIT for the project.
- Established AWS Direct connect between client's data center and AWS data center location and had deployed BGP to establish cage connectivity between those sites.
- Developed Processes, Tools, Automation for Jenkins based Software for Build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows.
- Modified and tested Scalable, Multithreaded,High Troughput C++ Programs.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Implemented and enhanced the existing Scripts which are developed in Shell, Perl, Ruby and Python . Wrote script (bash and shell) to copy deliverables to local machine from CI/QA and then copying the code from local machine to production servers through putty.
- Utilized Cloud Formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Created slaves in Puppet and added them to build environment for faster processing.
- Deployed Puppe t, Puppet Dashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Developing AWS cloud formation templates and setting up Auto scaling for EC2 instances. Responsible for automation on AWS Cloud formation template.
- Worked on complex issues pertaining to hardware and network failure - Monitored both Hardware and Software systems for errors and updated them regularly to maintain proper functioning and flow of information.
- Performed security monitoring tests to identify intrusions (IPS/ IDS).
- Provided Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical support.
- Upgraded the systems with new updates and patches/ changes required by the clients.
- Installed Red hat Linux 6.4, 6.5 and windows 2008 and 2012 servers on HP x86 servers (C7000, DL360, DL380's).
- Used LVM on Linux to create volumes with layouts like RAID 1, 5, 10, 51
Confidential, Raleigh, NCResponsibilities:
- Involved in Setting up Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins.
- Maintaining the version control system (branching model, security), creation and maintenance of build definitions scripts, and the setup of work item areas and iterations.
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process.
- Worked on migration of code repository.
- Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Responsible for automated Scheduled Builds/Emergency Builds and Release using ANT scripts for Enterprise application (J2EE) and Worked on Microsoft .Net Technology Stack.
- Designed and carried out analytical GIT procedures, both simple and/or complex, using various GIT software.
- Created GIT products in a time frame suitable to the end user; solicits user feedback to improve future services.
- Implemented new build automation solutions for new products and provide ongoing support and administration for software build and build automation using ANT, Maven, Jenkins and shell scripting.
- Worked on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS service.
- Assisting developers in integrating their code with the main stream
- Merge conflicting code to ensure release to test environments.
- Create automated build procedures to ensure code is always ready for deployment.
- Create and maintain build scripts using Final Builder to perform builds efficiently.
- Experienced with JIRA for defect tracking.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Created and automated platform environment setup using puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies and planning release.
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code freeze Periods.
- Developed UNIX Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Shell scripting for building and deploying java application to target environments.
- Coordinated with different teams before and after the production deployments.
Environment: Java/J2EEAnt, websphere 7.0, 8.5.5, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Tomcat, Subversion, JIRA, shell/bash, UNIX, Sonatype Nexus.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Brooklyn, OH
- Administered, maintained and supported Linux (Suse and Ubuntu) and Unix (AIX) servers.
- Used C++ Interface/SQL to Update /retrieve Information From MySQL DB
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development QA UAT and Production
- Initiated regular Build jobs using the CI (Continuous Integration) tool with Jenkins .
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring the Install Shield wizard and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Develop and implement an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet, AWS and move existing applications.
- Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Managed Puppet agent models using MCollective plugin.
- Wrote a Python plugin for collected to write metrics to statsd.
- Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Worked extensively on CVS, Subversion as Version Control.
- Handled Jira tickets for SCM Support activities.
- Written Python/ Ruby/ shell scripts according to the requirement.
- DevOps for load balanced environments & Multi-regional server environments
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java based release code packages.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and Expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Configured the user accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar .
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
Environment: Java/J2EE, C++, JQuery, AJAX, Puppet, MCollective, AWS, Ant, Maven, Subversion, UNIX, SVN, Bamboo, Nexus Pro, Sonar, Jira, Remedy, Python, Ruby on Rails, Shell, Tomcat, Jenkins.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Automated monitoring service to collect and analyze Windows Azure Diagnostics (WAD) metrics.
- Involved in developing VM auto scale service by analyzing Windows Azure Diagnostics (WAD) metrics.
- Implement Network Topology Design in Windows Azure - IaaS platform using PowerShell Scripting .
- Ability to upload/download files as blobs using Azure management library .
- Create multi-site Failover Clusters ( WSFC ) across Microsoft Azure Regions for High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Responsible for configuring Azure API Management, Traffic Manager and Resource Manager
- Configured SQL Azure always on Availability group in Cross- Region virtual networks in Azure.
- Delivered projects in Agile model and Scrum methodology.
- Created features, user stories and tasks in VSTS. Implemented architectural and design changes.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate custom VM image preparation.
- Created JSON deployment template for provisioning virtual networks, subnets, VM ScaleSets, Load balancers and NAT rules.
- Performed continuous analysis of operational work flow performance and create efficiency improvement items.
- Worked closely with analyst team and implement business ideas as POCs on relevant technology platform.
- Organize product/application demos to customers.
Environment: Azure Resource Manager, Resource Groups & VM Scale Sets, PowerShell, Azure Machine Learning Studio, SQL Azure & Blob Storage, Visual Studio, PowerShell ISE, SQL Azure, Azure Machine Learning Studio, C# & Windows Forms.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Hired as systems administrator during a period of substantial growth, which included supporting multiple operating systems and hardware, networking devices including VPN, firewalls and switches.
- Installed, configured and supported Windows and Linux servers, including Active Directory authentication for Linux servers.
- Supported all departments including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Customer Support.
- Configured, installed, and updated Bugzilla and SVN installations.
- Configured an SMTP relay server and clients with Postfix.
- Backed up MySQL databases with mysqldump, Bash scripting, and CRON jobs.
- Installed and configured a Red Hat installation server for network installation of servers.
- Installed virtual machines (VMs) using VMWare ESXi and Virtualbox .
- Supported remote users using VNC to run engineering applications remotely on Linux servers.
- Managed SSL certificate purchasing, renewals, and installations.
- Managed domain name purchasing, renewals, and DNS records.
- Assisted in designing new server room and managed outside vendors as the company moved into larger facilities and became a public company.
- Researched, selected, and managed vendors for network cabling, desktop management, and domain name management.