- Certified DevOps Engineer from Amazon web services (AWS) with 8 + years of experience on Systems Administration, Software Development, Configuration, Build and Release Engineering, DevOps Engineering, and Automation.
- Experience in Linux/Unix system administration on Redhat EL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, Debian, CentOS 4.x, 5.x, Suse, Oracle Enterprise Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris 8,9,10 and VMware V - Sphere ESX/ESXi environment. Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing.
- Strong experience in CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Delivery) software development pipeline stages like Commit, Build, Automated Tests, Deploy...etc.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Extensive experience as a DevOps Engineer with Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Hands on experience with Build automation Tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle, NAnt, MSBuild, Buildr, Gant for writing the build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively and SCM Tools like Git, GitHub, Rational Clearcase, Subversion, CVN…etc.
- Experience in providing automated test orchestration solutions by using Continuous Testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, JMeter, Karma, Jasmine, SonarQube
- Expertise in IDEs /CLI tools like RAD, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Tortoise GIT, and Visual Studio.
- Experienced in IIS, Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Nginx, Open VPN, Sensu, logstash. Experienced in design patterns such as Model View Controller (MVC), Strategy Pattern, Command Pattern, Factory Pattern, Inversion of Control and Singleton Pattern.
- Proficient in working with Continuous Integration development practice using Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, AnthillPro, CodeShip, TeamCity, Go…etc
- Extensive Scripting/Programming experience in Ruby, Perl and Shell scripting.
- Experience in using Tomcat and Apache servers for deployments and for hosting tools.
- Responsible for writing Manifests to configure nodes.
- Created Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Expertise in writing Shell scripts, Python programming for deployment of Java applications.
- Excellent working experience with Cloud/Iaas/Paas platforms like OpenStack, Rackspace, Cloud Foundry and AWS.
- Good working knowledge on Writing Recipes and creating cookbooks comprising all resources, templates, attributes and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Extensive experience in supporting cloud environments with Cloud Foundry.
- Expertise in troubleshooting Java applications in Tomcat servers while deploying.
- Experience in working with Project Planning/Management/Bug/Issue Tracking Atlassian Products - JIRA / Confluence and other products like BugZilla, Redmine…etc.
- Experienced in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using NAGIOS, Site scope, Splunk, CloudWatch, New Relic and GRAPHITE.
- Good working experience in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and DB2 by using SQL for data integrity
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware, Amazon EC2 and containerization technologies like Vagrant, Docker.
- Efficient in working closely with core product teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in production support.
SCM Tools: CVS, GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, Subversion,TFS
Build Tools: Ant, Maven and MS Build
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, AnthillPro
DevOps tools: Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS
Bug tracker and Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Junit, NUnitProject Management Tools: Atlassian Tools, Base Camp, MS Project, MS Share point
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Web logic, IBM Web sphere, IIS Server
Environment: Eclipse2.3, MS Visual Studio, Rational Application Developer7.0
Languages: C, JAVA/J2EE
Scripting Languages: Shell Script, ANT Script, Python Script, Ruby Script, Power Shell Script
Platforms: Linux 4/5, UNIX, Ubuntu12 & 14, Fedora, Windows server 2012/NT/XP/Vista/7/8
Database Systems: SQL Server, Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL, MS Access, DB2, Mongo DB, Cassandra
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Responsible for Development QA, UAT, staging, production Builds and Releases.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Creating Amazon EC2 instances (Ubuntu, Linux) using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances and monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services.
- Used AWS S3 service as Build Artifact repository to created release based buckets to store various modules/branch based artifact storage.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with chef automation.
- Used AWS Cloud Formation Templates to simplify provisioning and management on AWS.
- Have implemented chef provisioning for creation of on demand instances and instance infrastructure using the chef-client and bootstrapping using plugins against AWS EC2.
- Automate and extended continuous delivery for applications using Chef.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Setting up servers through using UNIX for deployment or other uses for application.
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Chef.
- Hands on Experience on Cloud automation, Containers and PaaS (Cloud Foundry) which helps to trigger the inherent originality of an individual
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the SVN source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium and Maven.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and created new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Wrote Ruby Scripts to automate process of use of build tools like Maven.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Building and Deploying Java/J2EE applications to Tomcat Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automating the entire process.
- Created JIRA Support Project/Agile board to track support issues.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion (SVN) Repositories.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Troubleshooted Build and Deployment Issues, with little downtime.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
- Testing the web-based application manually and used Selenium (Web Driver) for Automation.
Environment: UNIX/Linux, Ant, Maven, GIT, SVN, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium, CookBooks, AWS, EC2, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Ruby, Python, Java/J2EE, Nexus
Confidential, New York, NY
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Worked in Agile Project management Process.
- Implemented Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Experience with build tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively.
- Configured and deployed in Application servers Weblogic and Websphere.
- Managed deployment automation using MCollective, Hiera, Custom Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Installed Puppet client software on RHEL 6.x servers and established a communication between master and client through SSL certification.
- Collaborated with Development and Support teams to setup a CD (Continuous Delivery) environment with the use of Docker and Wercker, continuous build and delivery tools. Worked on migration from Datacenter to AWS.
- Crated images stored in the Docker container and uploaded to Docker hub.
- Developed procedures to unify streamline and automate applications development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Worked recently on tools migration from old tools like PVCS (version control system) to SVN, Tracker to Jira and finally CI tool Hudson to Jenkins.
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
Environment: RHEL/Linux, Agile, Subversion, Weblogic, Websphere, Chef, MCollective, Hiera, Puppet, Ruby, Docker, AWS, Java, Ant, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, Hudson, Wercker
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
Build and Release Engineer
- Generated Ant, UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Using Ansible as an automation engine for cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra service orchestration and multi-tier deployments.
- Ansible playbooks are run by customized setting of hosts and Ansible configuration files.
- Managed the secrets in Ansible using host vars and default vars. Ansible playbooks are checked and tested with dry run and molecule tests.
- Worked on the transition project, which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Involved in installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Incorporated the Code Quality Tools to Find Bugs and Covertures into ANT Projects.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to Apache web servers.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
Linux Administrator and Build Engineer
- Identify Configuration Items and document their characteristics. After every Deployment, delivered the Release Notes on SharePoint site.
- Managing Installing Compaq and Linux workstations and servers. Patching software packages.
- Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris and other logical volume manager for another flavor of UNIX.
- Annual Participation in Disaster Recovery (DR) and power down Activities.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain,
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Implemented and Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers
- Configured Send mail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers, Solstice disk suite, Oracle, Ubuntu 12.04, Centos, fedora.
- Administering NFS Mounts.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 3.x/4.x.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore problems, creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities
- Experience in managing Source Control Systems like Harvest, Bit Bucket and GIT.
- Used Build Forge to automate and accelerate the Build Release Process. This includes repetitive tasks in productivity development life cycles.
- Responsible for the effective Delivery of capabilities supporting ITIL Processes and ITSM Tools utilizing Industry Best Practices.
- Used ANT and Python Scripts to Automate the Build and Deployment Process to the Web Services. Used Service deploy command for building the Web Services. Used Maven for few Modules.
- Monitoring each Service Deployment and validating the Services across all Environments.
- Experience in opening PMR and working with IBM Lab Team to get the Solution and Implement them in the all Environments.
- Created Performance Monitoring Best Practice Document and posted in Microsoft SharePoint Website.
- Worked in Cross-Platform Environments like UNIX and Windows.
- Prepared the Release Plan Document for all the Production Releases such as Rollback Plan or Back Out Plan, Implementation Plan and Test Plans.
- Getting Approvals from all the Managerial Group, Quality Assurance Group and Deployment Group, which are included in the HP Service Management System Ticketing Tool for all the Production Releases.
- Helped with the smooth phases of Release for Emergency and Expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different Teams.
- Working with Change Order with current Release and implement them in the Production.
Environment: Linux/Unix, Windows, DNS / NIS, NFS, Ubuntu trust, Centos, fedora, Harvest, SAN, Oracle, Bit Bucket, GIT
- Installation, maintenance, managing and regular upgrading of Red Hat Linux Servers Ubuntu Trust, CentOS, Fedora, Linux on both standalone and virtual environments.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Ubuntu Linux servers and support for Servers
- Helped 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x Servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, performance tuning and KVM.
- Performed Server design engineering, configuration and troubleshooting of all components, hardware and software, including large scale storage systems.
- Setup a couple of hundred VM's running CentOS to be used for web, database, application, mail, ftp, monitoring and g it repositories.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of web servers, application servers, and database servers on Linux Servers.
- Provide project management on special operations such as network infrastructure upgrades, office build-outs.
- Administer and maintain Windows servers/workstations/laptops, printers, fingerprint scanners and other peripherals.
- Setup and maintenance of LAN with domain model (Installation, Configuration and administration of Windows 2000 and 2003 server as, Forest, Tree, and Member server, Windows 95/98 as clients using protocols TCP/IP and NetBEUI).
- Decommissioning of the old servers and keeping track or decommissioned and new servers using inventory list.
- Installation, configuration and administration of DNS, and configuring the client to connect the domain
- Setup and administer virtual machines hosted on VMWare ESX 4.0 Server.
- Applied OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Monitor daily and monthly backups to ensure integrity and reliability.
- Use Linux cmds to make BIOS changes to troubleshoot servers.
- Involved in 24/7 high availability on pager rotation basis and coordinated efforts with other teams.
Environment: Red Hat/Ubuntu Linux, Cent OS, Windows Server 95, 98, 2000, 2003, Git, FTP, TCP/IP, NetBEUI, DNS, VMWare ESX 4.0 Server