- As a motivated IT professional with help desk supervision, process improvement experience in both technical and business arenas, a proven record of delivering effective solutions for complex processes, and an ability to effectively communicate issues and coordinate efforts of diverse groups towards the goal efficient service to clients, I am eagerly looking for a challenging management position in help desk support industry.
- My qualifications include a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, a significant amount of detail oriented development experience and nearly 20 years of professional IT work experience.
- While my background has most recently been software engineering, I am ready to seek a different arena to provide direct customer support, which is very rewarding to me, personally.
- My specific help desk accomplishments include: preparation for business - wide technology transitions, creation and implementation of Service Level Agreements (SLA) between five disparate groups within a large technology support department for Confidential Maryland; Supervised team of agents to attain highest Confidential ratings within large support center for Confidential, Inc.
- Used independent judgment and technical knowledge to collaboratively improve student information systems and automation of processes for JHU, Office of Undergraduate Admissions;
- Used analyst skills to identify cause of hyper-deflated Confidential scores for agents at Confidential, Inc.
- SAVED LIVES through identified and creation of algorithm that eliminated need for frequent system re-synchronization for Confidential ( Confidential )
- Conducted research of very complex processes and provided detailed documentation explaining complex concepts that both Engineers and contract administrators understood for Confidential ( Confidential ).
- Exceptional Analysis / Documentation Skills
- Excellent Written / Verbal Communication Skills
- IT Help Desk Management & Supervision Experience
- Business Process Analyst
- Software Development Experience
- MS SQL: SSRS, T-SQL, Ad-Hoc
- Unique Test Documentation: Multiple Condition/Multiple Decision (MC/MD) Matrix
- Excellent Team Player/Loyal
- Excellent Problem Solving/ Decision Making Skills
- Discriminating Process Improvement Skills
Software Engineer Senior
- Created a replacement algorithm that eliminated need for frequent re-synchronization of legacy system, ultimately providing greater system stability and protection of lives.
- Contributed to a multi-disciplinary technical team of hardware and software engineers as a combined technical subject matter expert and key programmatic contributor.
- Provided assistance in team operations and overall compliance with all management policies, plans, and procedures.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, and technical skills.
- Leveraged exceptional written and oral communication skills, prior business process analysis and the MC/DC Matrix (Multiple Condition/Multiple Decision Matrix) to explain and visually organize presentation of proposed solutions to complex testing concepts in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Homemaker, Independent Study
- Assisted in care and support of parent with head injury, affecting cognitive and motor skills.
- Assisted high school students in VEX robotics club with the basics of matching design and development of robots to meet both design limitations/specifications, and functional requirements as spelled out by yearly nation-wide robotics challenges.
- Continued on on-line course work to review and improve skills, including Java and R statistical data analysis software.
- Continued working towards PMP Certification. Estimated completion in 2017.
IT Support Shift Supervisor
- Supervised, mentored and coached eleven technical support agents to control and resolve clients’ billing, account and technical issues in multi-channel support model, including: chat, email and phone support.
- Supervised a team of 11 technical support agents, boasting the best overall team customer satisfaction ( Confidential ) ratings, where 6 of my agents had support scores in the top 12 percent (11 of 92) of all agents at the support center.
- Recommended sequential scripting of complex issue identification searches to reduce research time by over 50%.
- Identified, analyzed and communicated impact of error in data for client responses to customer satisfaction ( Confidential ) ratings data as a source of hyper-deflated customer service ratings for most technical support agents Confidential ratings.
Programmer / Analyst
- Worked in partnership with fellow co-workers in search and selection of new Client Relationship Management System (CRM) for Undergraduate Admissions Office at JHU.
- Contributed skills as MS SQL Developer to the success of the Undergraduate Admissions Office and ISIS (ERP - Integrated Student Information System), including working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008/2012, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL and stored procedures.
- Collaborated with vendors to supply requested information as needed, which included research, compilation, review and delivery of annual JHU College of Arts & Sciences census data to College Board.
- Researched user reporting needs and processing issues and developed ad-hoc reports or modified computer programs and scripts, as needed, to resolve the issue.
- Assisted in implementation, maintenance and development of existing document management system (OnBase), including access, development, integration and workflow processing, for multiple departments, including Records and Financial Aid, within the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Applied independent judgment in technical aspects of assignments towards analysis and resolution of complex problems such as development of automated import processing.
- Heavily involved in system analysis, programming, including detailed dialogues with other departments/users within JHU.
Business Process Analyst
- As part of Project Management Office (PMO), produced supporting business process analysis and project documentation for university's paperless initiative, gathered requirements for the integration of events scheduling into ERP system (Datatel), and assisted in the procedural improvement and/or technological automation of student academic processes.
- Conducted business process and operations analysis, in collaborated with administrators, functional managers and end users in administrative departments, to increase efficiency and productivity and identify possible areas in need of integration into enterprise document management system (EDM) using ImageNow.
- Assisted with integration of Customer Relations Management (CRM) with university's ERP system (Datatel), to significantly reduced legacy ERP system overhead caused by input of unaccepted student applicant records.
- Created supporting project documentation, including Functional Requirements Documents (FRD), System Design Documents (SDD), Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plans, distinctive MC/MD matrix to assist in UAT, and Use Case Documentation as needed.
Technology Services Help Desk Manager
- While help desk manager, two annual student surveys ranked interaction with the help desk as the, "…#1 positive interaction with technology at the university".
- Created Service Level Agreements (SLA) between five integral service groups in IT department, which resulted in measurably reduced time to service completion (up to 75%), provided greater accuracy in reporting of status and time-to-completion estimates to clients.
- Implemented MS SQL SSRS reporting processes on help desk ticketing system, resulting in increased accountability, accurate tracking of issues from initiation to resolution, and the identification of top issues.
- Supported technical transitions at help desk through, such as the university's conversion from Novell to Windows AD:
- provided for heightened service level priority of transition related issues,
- extensively communicated implementation dates to users along with “What to Expect” documents,
- developed post-implementation “How To” documentation for effected applications, and
- required training of help desk agents on use and support of new technologies prior to transition.
- Developed and implemented weekly training process for support agents:
- identified of top support issues for tiers 1, 2 and 3,
- reviewed top tier 1 issues with support agents to identify training and technology needs for their success,
- documented resolutions for tier 2 and 3 issues, using best practices for consistency of service and agent training, resulting in gradual increase in first call resolution (FCR) rates, increased positive customer satisfaction ( Confidential ) ratings and greater job satisfaction for help desk agents.
- Managed copier maintenance and usage billing process for 81 copiers across 4 campuses serving 1200 employees and 3800 students, including detailed billing reports (breakout by department, user and pages copied).
- Managed and supervised the transition of copier fleet from leased to owned copiers, resulting in a decreased cost of fleet ownership for the university and no increase to cost-per-page for copier users.
- Coordinated IBM laptop sales and service issues, while providing technical support and repair services for all student computer models while connected to the university's student residence network.
- Identified need for Service Level Agreements (SLA) between five service groups in IT department, and initially identifying areas in need of increases support processes, such as printing and computer repair/replacement processes.
- Identified need for weekly training of telephone agents to ensure consistency and quality of service to university.
- Created and managed copier maintenance and usage billing process for 81 copiers across 4 campuses serving 1200 employees and 3800 students, including detailed billing reports (breakout by department, user and pages copied).
- Identified need and developed reporting processes on help desk ticketing system, and initiated data-based support and service tracking initiative.
Sr. Information Technology Specialist
- Re-engineered Confidential Collections printing process using CGI and MS Word template documents, which permitted Confidential collections agents to remotely print official Confidential documents for the first time.
- Created detailed windows-based application testing document, which ICS adopted as official Confidential (ICS) testing template.
- Conducted system audit and implemented repair of transaction logging errors in Confidential ’s Integrated Collections System (ICS) that validated processing of millions in collections revenue for the Confidential .
- Received citations from Confidential in New Carrollton for service excellence in support of the Confidential 's mission.
- Added scalability to existing training database without changes to the software application or the database schema as part of upgrades to the Confidential ’s Totally Automated Personnel Service project (TAPS).
- Led development and programming of new software sub-system to handle unknown address research and processing for the Confidential ’s tax processing system - Inventory Delivery System project (IDS).
- Designed, developed and implemented process for secure delivery of variable count of records to Confidential collections agency.
- Converted legacy contact and scheduling database from DOS to MS SQL and integrated USPS COTS address validation software, which improved existing address accuracy by 22% and ensured the accuracy of new addresses in real time.
- Created distinctive MC/MD (Multiple Condition/Multiple Decision) matrix document, which mapped process input values to expected output values in an easily understood matrix capable of displaying complex application testing scenarios as well as workflow processing sequences.