- 8 years of hands on experience in System Administration, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build, Deployment and Release Management, Infrastructure Management, Software development environment set up.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers along with Confidential .
- Experience in all facets of full CM process with tools such as SVN, GIT, PVCS, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Perforce,Cruise Control, Jenkins,Bamboo,Chef and Puppet.
- Adept in Installation, Configuration and Administration of AIX 4.3/5.1/5.2/5.3/6.1 , Red Hat Linux 8/9, RHEL 3/4/5/6/7, Red Hat Satellite 6, OEL 4/5and SUSE Linux 10/11.
- Expertise in automating various build and deployments using ANT, MAVEN, Perl, Ruby, MS Build, and Shell Scripts.
- Extensively worked with tools like Hudson and Jenkins to implement build automation.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifact Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Implemented Puppet modules and manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services like LAMP Stack, HTTP multiple Vhosts management.
- Design and implementation of a Puppet - based configuration management system for all new Linux machines (physical and virtual)
- Extensive experience in setting up Chef Workstation, Server and Clients.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Worked on Docker and Vagrant for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintain the version across the environments using Version Control tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, ClearCase and VSS on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Experience in deploying WAR, JAR, and EAR files in WebLogic, Web sphere, JBoss application servers in Linux/Unix/Windows environment.
- Experience in Configuring and deploying to Application servers WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Experience in building and deploying the J2EE and .Net applications, Environment set up, Middleware configuration, Application Server administration, Application infrastructure management, Analyzing and troubleshooting the issues, providing the technical support to development/test/operations/production support teams.
- Worked on cloud-based servers like AWS, PREDIX and CLOUD FOUNDRY.
- Experience working with Confidential (EC2/AWS) - Web consoles, APIs, and Security Groups.
- Experience in AWS - Elastic Load Balancer, VPC, Elastic IP’s, RDS and S3.
- Experience in provide continuous support and take care of the end to end CI/CD process till the release of the Application and hosting API's in cloud foundry by using various DevOps Tools.
- Created SCM Process, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release and Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Good knowledge on ITIL Process and coordinated releases across the projects.
- Improved cost control by using VMware VRealize automation to monitor resource and capacity usage.
Build Tools/ CI/CD: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Build Forge and bamboo.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux3.x,4.x,5.x,6.x, Fedora and CentOS, SUSE 8,10,11, Ubuntu 7.x - 14.x), IBM AIX 5L(5.1,5.2,5.3), Windows, vSphere ESX 3.x,4.x.
Configuration Management tools: Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, Ansible.
Cloud services: AWS (EC2/SQS/SNS/S3/IAM/ELB), Azure, Predix, Cloud Foundry,Openstack.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Stackdriver, Graphite, AWS cloud monitoring
RDBMS: IBM UDB2, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MySQL, MS-SQL Server and MS-Access
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, VMware nexus switch, Cisco Routers/Switches, F5 load balancer.
Web/Application Servers: Websphere Application Server (WAS) 3.5, 4.0, MQSeries, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Server, IBM HTTP Server.
Virtualization Tools: VMware vSphere, Oracle Virtualbox, VMware Workstation, VMware VRealize Automation, VRO workflows.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
Sr. DevOps EngineerResponsibilities:
- Created the end to end CI/CD pipeline from scratch for application and API's for automating the deployment process.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and configured various plugins. Also used GIT as a Source Code Manager, Maven as a Build Tool, Sonarqube and Artifactory .
- Deployed the code, various Web Application and API's onto the CloudFoundry ( PREDIX ).
- Created and managed shell scripts for the automation of build and deployment process .
- Used sub modules in GIT and trained the new users on working with sub modules in GIT.
- Configured and installed monitoring tool Checkmarx and Logstash on the servers.
- Educated Development teams on GIT , Jenkins , AWS , PREDIXCloud Foundry and whole CI/CD Pipeline process.
- Developed organizational units in Active Directory and managed user security with group policies.
- Managed user accounts on Linux platform by creating Active Directory user groups and giving permissions to the individual users and for the group users to the dev and production servers.
- Worked on cloud based servers such as AWS and Cloud Foundry.
- Responsible for Sprint planning sessions and Daily Stand-up meetings.
- Wrote Rally User Stories and broke those stories into smaller pieces to complete the stories within the allocated sprints.
- Worked in both Agile and Kanban environments.
- Documented all the process of CI/CD Pipeline to make sure that all the steps are completed successfully and for feature reference of Dev teams.
- Worked as a cybersecurity leader in daily sprint standups, providing ownership for all aspects of the security life cycle in the product release.
- Provided cyber security technical thought leadership, injecting secure coding standards and best practices into daily scrums.
- Mentoring and skill set knowledge transfers to Scrum team members.
- Review and modify Agile user stories and epics to ensure correct authentication, authorization, and logging.
- Partner with other IT and business teams to develop secure technical solutions.
- Supported MVPsthrough hands-on technical security knowledge, integration, and development/coding.
- Worked with a team of architects and developers, operational leads, and functional owners to plan and implement security technical features.
- Understood how new technologies impact the current environment.
- Adopted of new technologies and drive the implementation into the environment.
- Worked in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities comfortable with change and actively driving improvements.
Environment: Jenkins, Sonarqube, Artifactory, GIT, AWS, Predix, Cloud Foundry,Akana, Mashery, Rally, Maven, Checkmarx, PostgreSQL, Tomcat, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Contributed to new physical and virtual data center infrastructure design and implementation.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debian, Redhat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and SUSE Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Configured RedHatKickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of VMware.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Confidential (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Experience working with production servers at multiple data centers.
- Worked on Physical to Cloud Migration in AWS.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Set up Kickstart for new bare metal environment.
- Set up Puppet customized monitoring with Nagios,&PNP4Nagios Graphs for both legacy and new environments.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Version control setups like GIT and integration tools Jenkins
- Set up Factor and VMware Perl SDK for custom Web-UI-based reports for VMs.
- Set up PostgreSQL database servers for Web Server environment.
- Set up LDAP authorization & NFS mounted /home directories for users.
- Bootstrapping automation scripting for bare metal and virtual servers.
- Used VMware VRealize automation to deliver services to their lines of business.
Environment: RHEL 6/7, CENTOS 6/7, Ubuntu, SuSE SLES, Solaris x86, VMware ESX 5, VMware Perl SDK, Dell Blade Servers, Dell R910 servers, Dell M620 servers, M420 servers, Puppet, Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Open LDAP, Lighttpd, Apache Httpd, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, JIRA, Fisheye, Confluence Administration, AWS, VMware VRealize automation.
Confidential, Plano, TX
DevOps Engineer (chef)Responsibilities:
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager.
- Involved in Agile Scrum model with PODs and provided the WBS for the User stories.
- Implemented the Chef cookbook SSSD to automate the integration process between RHEL and Windows AD using Kerberos keytab file.
- Implemented the Chef Software setup and configuration on VM’s from the scratch and deployed the run-list into chef-server and bootstrap the chef clients remotely.
- Used existing cookbooks from Chef Marketplace and customizing the recipes with respect to each VM.
- Customized changes in Data Bags, Roles and Recipes.
- Involved in searching node attributes using Knife.
- Deploying the cookbooks, recipes using knife tool from Chef-DK Workstation to Chef-server
- Created user, rpm packages and patch management & configuration implementations.
- Responsible for maintaining the run list on chef-server.
- Maintained branches/forks in GITHUB version control for the changes made in cookbooks as per release.
- AutomatedApache-webserver configuration, DB Server configuration, SSSD Configuration, LAMP by writing Ruby Cookbooksin Chef.
- Mentored team to configure workstation, bootstrap a node and deploy cookbooks.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation from Dev to Eval, Eval to Pre Prod/ Pre Prod to Production systems using Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Chef automation tool.
- Implemented Nagios core/XIfor monitoring Infrastructure resources.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef.
Environment: Chef-DK, Chef workstation, Chef Server, Chef V12, Puppet, Splunk, Ngnix, OpenStack components - Keystone, Horizon, Nova - compute, Ceilometer, Nagios, Tomcat, Apache web server, VMWareESXi, VMware vRealize Orchestration, Red Hat Linux 5/6/7, Windows 2003/2008, Puppet, Cookbooks, Chef Resources, GitHub, SVN, Jenkins, MongoDB, Web Services, Shell script, Python, Ruby script.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Maintainedownership of CMDB, Release Branch and making sure all the versions of the Releases are in place for further use.
- Taking an active part preceding over Software Configuration Management Meetings by suggesting branching strategies and best practices to promote Parallel development and Agile development practices
- Resolving Release conflicts regarding dates and accommodating in various Release/Build windows by negotiating with customers based on priority and other factors.
- Addressing dependencies and handling issues with release of interdependent projects especially in the Web services area.
- Used Subversion in branching, tagging and merging the Source Code and also managed the source code repository.
- Used Subversion to manage Configuration Items (CI’s).
- CI builds are done using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Build are maintained in Jenkins/Hudson and deployed using plug-ins and Master-Slave setups.
- Trained all the developers for self-help to kick of single click builds and single click deploys.
- Wrote XMLs and used Ant scripts to deploy to WebSphere and WebLogic environments.
- Integrated QTP kickoff scripts as Post DEV Deployment steps to return smoke test results
- Aligned the resources with the help of PM for a Mock cutover and cutover (Prod Release)
- Used Perl and Shell scripts for deployment automation.
- EnhancedConfiguration Managementusing (PUPPET) to assist with automated, repeatable, and consist configuration and application deployments.
- Assisted Operations Team by writing specific Puppet manifests to deal with application installations and related configuration files.
- Responsible for scaling/upgrading/maintaining the application.
- Created custom developer tools and workflows for testing and releasing Puppet code
- Trained and communicated the release process to all the counterparts globally.
- Worked on Ant-Maven conversion process by authoring POM Files.
- Maintained all the UNIX, Linux, AIX and Solaris environments for deployments.
- Used Remedy to track the Change requests and Release requests for all the approvals and signoffs and other necessary attributes.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Hudson, Web logic, Nexus, Sonar, JIRA, Oracle, Shell, WLST, Python, Ant, Maven, Java, Linux
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Systems Engineer/ Build EngineerResponsibilities:
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Used Source code configuration tools Subversion and GIT used for different projects.
- Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Involved in configuration and support of a production environment hosted in a 24x7 setup.
- Installation and Configuration of Solaris, Linux and AIX and Windows/NT operating systems on large distributed environment.
- Managing Disks/Filesystems using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Setting and Managing NFS, NIS, DNS, Shell Scripting, patching.
- System performance tuning, User maintenance and security.
- Scheduling Backups, Monitoring & taking failover test of Veritas Clustered servers.
- Trouble shooting and problem resolutions in SUN, Linux and AIX servers.
- Procedural documentation of supporting applications as well as SLA and escalation policies to coordinate with the monitoring systems as deployed.
- Responsible for first and second level problem analysis and resolution for system and application tools utilizing already existing UNIX scripts and Windows run books.
- Installation and support of various versions of Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL databases.
- Used various networking tools such as ssh, telnet, rlogin, ftp and ping to troubleshoot daily networking issues.
- Ability to screen and diagnose client inquiries and problems; troubleshoot to clearly understand problems (root cause determination), solve problems, use operational documentation (runbooks).
- Responsible for administering and maintaining Linux work stations running Apache web server.
- Installed and configured SSH, NDM, EMC Power path, Veritas Dynamic multipathing, Oracle client.
- Expertise in Linux backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Managed email (Postfix and Send mail), LDAP and Oracle services.
- Work with developers to integrate their web applications onto standard infrastructure.
- Writing scripts for monitoring log files and sending alerts.
- Involved in the Recovery of the Unix servers.
Environment: Solaris 8/9/10, Red Hat Linux 4.x/5.x, AIX, BMC Patrol, NetBackUp, MQSeries 5.0 WebLogic 6.1, NES/iPlanet4/6. SUN Solaris, E250, E10K, E4500, SunfireV880/440, Windows, Solstice Disk Suite 4.2.1, EMC Centera, EMC Connetrix, SAN Switches, Tape Libraries, EMC Powerpath 4.0,Sun Storage Array NAS and SAN, Sun Disk Suit and MySQL 5.
- SolvingdaytodayLevel-3problems andfollowing it up with thecustomeruntilclosure.
- ProvideRootCauseAnalysis for recurring problemsthrough Logsdataanalysis.
- PerformedUserAdministrativeactivities,networkrelated activitiesincluding troubleshootingand application Support.
- Maintaining testenvironment for proactivetesting beforedeploying in theProduction server using Vagrant for creating Virtual Linux development.
- Deployment ofBug Fixes ontotheapplication serverand tracking of thebugsusingBugzilla.
- Systemadministration ofApache Web servers, MySQL Databaseservers on VirtualEnvironment(around 400virtualservers).
- GoodExperience ininstallation,configuration andmaintenance of CISCO UCSbladeservers.
- Well experienced on VMwareproducts: vSphere,Virtual CenterServer and ESXservers .
- Experienced inmaintaining records of adequatesupply of storagethrough dailymaintenance.
- Maintained NAS gateways,configured NFSsharedvolumes.
- Experienced in setting up LDAP serverandmanagingusersand permissions.
- Configured andmaintained MySQL replication ofRWandRO DBservers.
- Handled backup andrecovery of Application Serversusing AMANDA backup tool.
- Handled backup andrecovery ofMysql DBdatabasesusing ZMANDA recoverymanager.
- Interacted with developers anddeploythe changesto theapplication serverswith SVN .
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux 5, Windows server, Vmware vSphere, Hitachi AMS storage, Jboss Application Server, Onstor NAS for NFS, Mysql Database, Nagios and Munin Monitoring, Confidential Blade servers, CISCO UCS.