- Strong expertise on System administration and implementing DevOps tools like Chef & Puppet for Configuration management and CI/CD with build tools using Jenkins & Maven on Cloud Infrastructure using AWS and on premise virtualization using VMWare.
- Proficient in AWS services EC2, IAM, S3, Lambda, Cloud Watch, Redshift, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, SES, EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, ACL’s, ELB, RDS, EBS, and Route 53.
- Experience in administrating, configuring, managing Linux distributions (Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu, CentOS) and Virtualization with VMWare, vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.x, vCenter 5.x/4.x.
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale, monitor applications in Data Centers and in AWS Cloud.
- Experience in designing AWS models for Infrastructure - as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Created and maintained user accounts, profiles, network security and security groups using AWS-IAM.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in implementing DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Repos, Jenkins, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, Maven, and configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configuration, installing, and upgrading different applications on the chef server by using RUBY.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation, release automation and deployment automation, Configure files, commands and packages.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for run time environment of CI/CD system to build test and deploy.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet Roles, Profiles, MCollective, Hiera and Custom Puppet modules.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Worked on different projects including P2V migrations, Database upgrades, Datacenter migrations, Storage migrations, Solaris to Linux migration projects, OS upgrade projects, Datacenter optimization projects etc.
- Proficient in System Software Installation, Configuration & Administration of NFS, NIS, DHCP, DNS, Apache and Samba server configuration and management.
- Experience in Creating Hooks, branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Used Jenkins to automate everything like building the project from GIT, Pushing the project dependencies to JFrog Artifactory, calling AWS service Code deploy through Jenkins to deploy the application in the Servers.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build release deployments.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts from source code to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools ELK, Splunk, Nagios and Cloud watch.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub, Docker registries and kubernetes.
- Practical experience with the deployment and configuration of Docker infrastructure on CentOS and Ubuntu OS's for container pipeline automated deployment in all required environments to support scaling AND service discovery.
- Created instances and managing the infrastructure using Terraform.
- Worked on Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart, Packages, Yum, RPMs, LVM, Boot from SAN, file system configuration.
- Installed and maintain Puppet-based configuration management system, configure and managing LVM on Linux using tools like LV extend, LV create etc.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and a lifecycle management for RedHat Linux using KickStart.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python and Shell scripts with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD, AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation, release automation and deployment automation, Configure files, commands and packages.
- Managed and configured Various Atlassian Tools like Bit bucket, JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong Work experience in NoSQL database, MONGODB, Cassandra.
Operating System: Sun Solaris 8/9/10/11, RHEL 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x, Windows Server 2000, 2003,2008 and 2012,OEL 4,5 &6, Ubuntu, VMware ESX/ESXi 3.5/4.1/5.HPUX 10.x/11.x
Web Server: Apache 1.3.x, Apache 2.0.x, JBoss4.x and ngnix.
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Naming Services: NIS, NFS and DNS
Clusters: VERITAS Clusters, HACMP (High Availability)
Volume Manager: VERITAS Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager, LVM with Linux, AIX-LVM
Storage: EMC Clarion CX series, NetApp
Backup Tools: Symantec NetBackup, EMC - Replication Manager
Cloud Environments: AWS, Amazon EC2 & S3, Rackspace, OpenstackAutomation Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes.
Networking/Protocol: FTP/SFTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, DHCP, NFS, Cisco Routers, LAN
Virtual Servers: VMware ESX Servers, vSphere 5.x, Solaris Zones
Database Tools: NoSQL, MONGODB, Cassandra, MySQL, Oracle
Scripting: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bourne, Korn and Bash Shell scripting
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Worked on the installation, configuration, maintenance and migration of Red Hat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x Servers, SUSE and CentOS at various Data Centers.
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, EBS, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, Cloud watch, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, red shift, Cloud Trail.
- Design redshift based BI solution platform for optimized performance and usability.
- Creation of EC2 roles, policy document in AWS and assigned roles and policies to Users, Security Groups by using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Managing security groups on AWS and custom monitoring using cloud watch.
- AWS-KMS (key management service) Encrypted database restore/sharing out of EC2-VPC group and into different AWS Region.
- Created computing and data resources on AWS using EC2. Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF.
- Helped customers deploying their applications in AWS cloud using OpsWorks (managed Chef).
- Streamlined installation of OpenShift on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Created Chef cookbooks for sudoers and network configurations using Chef Server. Maintaining automated environment using Chef recipes and cookbooks.
- Implemented cloud infrastructure using Chef. Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Served as Point of Contact (POC) to provide Knowledge Transfer on configuration management to write CHEF automation scripts to migrate automation from uDeploy to CHEF.
- Experience writing chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and managing RDBMS and NoSQL tools like Elastic Search, MongoDB (NoSQL) and Cassandra DB.
- Focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in cloud formation. Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Deploying application using Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolve, work with engineers on resolution.
- Developed micro service onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Development of Terraform integrations, distributed systems, and infrastructure automation tooling.
- Server virtualization and implementation of large production clusters with Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Experience in Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Nagios, Splunk.
- Used Docker containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Implemented a centralized logging system configured as an ELK stack (Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana).
- Responsible for upgrades to RedHat Linux with Software packages, patches and maintained them in accordance with established PCI policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Experienced in Troubleshooting Linux Systems identifying Hardware, software both OS and Application level, networking Issues and resolving the issues faced during Build and Deployment.
- Setup code repositories like SVN, GIT, TFS and managed plugins for Jenkins for scheduled automatic checkout of code.
- Experience automating deployments on Servers using JBoss, Apache, Tomcat and WebSphere.
- Creation of Jumpstart and Kickstart configuration for the automatic provision of servers using Blade logic.
- Followed agile principles and used JIRA for maintenance and Bug development tasks.
- Extensive expertise in Shell/bash Scripting, Perl, Python and POWERSHELL scripting.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x/7), AWS, RedHat Satellite Server, Chef, Jenkins, Weblogic, Websphere, Mongo,MySql, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Python, Git, Maven, VMware ESX 2.x & 3.x.Confidential, Providence, RI
- Built and managed a large deployment of RedHat Linux instances systems with Chef Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, EBS, SES, CloudWatch, RedShift, Route 53, RDS and SNS services.
- Experience with migration to Amazon web Services AWS from Datacenter.
- Working on Migration of on premise data to AWS RDS - MS SQL server and database.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication.
- Involved in developing the cloud formation templates using JSON format to maintain the whole infrastructure.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform, Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform, Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked on AWS OpsWorks in integration with Chef Configuration management tool to maintain infrastructure.
- Involved in migration from puppet to chef.
- Writing Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Working on OpenStack deployment, orchestration and automation for compute, storage and networking nodes.
- Developed scripts using rally to automate and unify multi-node OpenStack deployment, cloud verification, benchmarking, and profiling.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using puppet to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk.
- Performing configuration management tasks on 200+ servers with the aid of Puppet Master Server and involved in writing Puppet manifests for customized configuration management.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Created Puppet manifests using Ruby code for Configuration Management to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Databases, Users Mount Points, packages, metric collection and monitoring etc.,
- Setting up of private networks and Sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Working on writing Puppet Manifests to fix issues over different environments (Dev, Disaster Recovery, Pre-Production and Production). Managed all the environment and application level configs using puppet Git and hiera.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for deployment of build on internal Data Centre servers. Re-used and modified Chef Recipes to create a deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Hudson and Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to Git.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation. Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps, and deployments.
- Identified many inconsistencies in the existing installation steps as prescribed by Amazon in VPC Cloud Formation scripts.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Experienced with Docker container service.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Builds deployments on Docker Containers.
- Used the JIRA for bug tracking, creating the dashboard for issues.
- Monitored System Performance, managed Disk Space (Logical Volume Manger) and performed system Backup and Recovery.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration (CI) tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT etc.
- Experience in managing large-scale, geographically-distributed database systems, including relational (Oracle, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB) systems.
- Worked with Jenkins build tool for Continuous Integration and deployment of code into Tomcat Application Servers.
- Wrote shell, Bash, Python, Perl and ruby scripts for day to day administrative tasks and for managing users.
- Setting up the lab environment with Tomcat/Apache, configuring the setup with F5 virtual load balancer for test phase applications.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x/7), AWS, RedHat Satellite Server, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Veritas cluster 5.x, Weblogic, WebSphere, MySQL, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Python, Git, Maven VMware ESX 2.x & 3.x, SAP.Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Administration of RHEl 4.x/5.x/6.x, Ubuntu and Solaris 9/10/11 includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading, patching and Troubleshooting day-to-day issues.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes onto different environments like DEV, QA, UAT and PROD.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Involved installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools on Redhat Linux like Nagios and Puppet. Automation of configuration and management through Puppet.
- Worked with active-MQ server, to setup MCollective server and agents for parallel job execution systems Infrastructure setup. Managed/Administered Puppet nodes using MCollective.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Worked on Installation, renewal and configuration of SSL Certificates for data encryption and client authentication.
- Implemented the automated creation of GIT repositories using Ansible.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Researched and implemented an Agile work flow for continuous integration and testing of applications using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience with apache, PUPPET for automation of repetitive processes.
- Configured Jenkins for doing builds in all the non-production and production environments. Worked extensively on CVS, Subversion, Git as Version Control.
- Installed Puppet client software on RHEL 6.x servers and established a communication between master and client through SSL certification.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked on Jenkins to build and test the applications.
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications according to agile process.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall, TCP wrapper and NMAP.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x), Solaris 9/10/11, RedHat Satellite Server, Puppet, Jenkins, VERITAS Netbackup, Apache/ Web Server, Websphere Application Servers 7.x/8.x, Oracle, Python, Ruby.Confidential
Sr. Linux/Unix Administrator
- Being a part of implementation team, worked with several teams like Network, Storage, Data Center team.
- Understanding the Project requirement and submit the request to the respective teams and procure the resources and build and as per standard, hand over the server to the Application / DBA team for further configuration at their end.
- RHEL 5.x/6.x and Solaris 9/10/11 servers administering and monitoring the performance of all systems.
- Working on Linux LVM troubleshooting.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, NFS server and clients, Assigning IP addresses to client hosts, and performed Troubleshooting.
- Experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
- Worked with storage technologies SAN, NAS, NFS and ISCS.
- Installed operating systems on multiple machines using KickStart.
- Involving and working with other team on Database / Application Refresh based on software life cycles.
- Used Python scripts to update the content in database and manipulate files.
- Manage user accounts for the team access for Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Build channels and pull the packages from Red Hat Satellite Server (patch and package management).
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and File System Management using LVM/Veritas on Linux in a SAN environment.
- Configuring network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/Linux Servers.
- Shell scripting for database startups, backups using bash/shell scripting.
- Created Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center, Creating VM Templates, and troubleshooting all Virtualization related issues.
- Worked on updating and developing new scripts using grep, awk and regular expression as per the requirements.
- Involved in 24*7 Production support, Build and Migration Assignments.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x), Solaris 9/10/11, RedHat Satellite Server, bash/shell script, VMware Servers, KickStart, Web sphere.Confidential
- Installing software packages on Solaris 8/9 and RHEL 4.x/5.x.
- Managing user accounts and groups on Solaris / Linux and NT /2000 Server's.
- Configuring Samba server for interconnectivity between Windows and Linux and for user authentication, syslog domain and file sharing.
- Custom build of Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers which includes adding users, SAN, network configuration, installing application related packages, managing services.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools and utilities and to maintain shell, Perl automation Scripts.
- Rebuilt the Kernel for Linux. Reconfiguring Kernel & applying patches.
- Configured Linux Firewall with TCP Wrappers & IPTABLES.
- Configured squid as Proxy/Cache server with Squid Guard for URL filtering, internet sharing and to block the unwanted sites.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM).
- Configured Apache web server with Tomcat in load balancing.
- Provided 24X7 on-call support on rotation basis.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x), Solaris 9/10/11, RedHat Satellite Server, Apache Tomcat, KickStart, WebSphere.